Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Superclass Crawlers > Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut

Notices

Thread: Lil Red Wagon feat. ImBroken

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-29-2004, 10:25 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Lil Red Wagon feat. ImBroken

Yep. The votes say it all. Not!
Swaybars are wrong, bad and don't work....Period! Not!

That is so rediculous. That's like saying that a Dana 44 axle doesn't work..... or that a TXT chasis sucks. I have found that you can make almost anything work well if you design it right. The way you guys are so "anti-swaybar" makes you sound like how racists talk. If it's not your way, it's wrong. If it doesn't work for you, it sucks. Like I said plenty of times now, I have watched two trucks with sway bars kick the crap out of the competition, including my trucks, several times. I have not had a use for them but some people have made them work very well and I don't see how anyone can generalize and say, "sway bars don't work". It doesn't sound like you sway bar haters have an open mind, nor have you seen many good rigs perform.
DirkDigler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-29-2004, 01:19 PM   #22
Rock Crawler

im not saying no sway bars just not on a properly built rig. i say like others that they are a band aid for a poorly built suspension. And for cars that are going at high speed. that is why the come stock with the txt-1, for the people that race thier monster and not for the people that crawl them.

im not a sway bar killer i run them on my mod touring car i guess they make sense at 40 mph.
skyjacker_rc_club is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 01:36 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I see what youn are saying but can't a properly built rig or suspension be "enhanced" by something such as sway bars. Possibly they can make it better.
I remember in the old days of 1:1, everyone removed their sway bars completely or had disconnects. Now, most serious 1:1 crawlers have bettered their suspensions and performance with sway bars. I just don't think that any of us kuckle heads has come up with the "better mouse trap" version of a rc sway bar.
That's what I'm working on.
My other secret project that I'm working towards are "Cutting Breaks", to eliminate 4 wheel steering.
Old 04-29-2004, 02:15 PM   #24
Rock Crawler

Dirk, I have a cutting brake on my 1:1 scale dune buggy but I can't lock my rear diff or the axles would snap. Do you think that you can up with a way to run a cutting brake on a locked diff. I was think that you could use a one way bearing at each wheel and then the cutting break might work, but you would loose reverse. not sure though. good luck and let me know how it turns out
rcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:15 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

What is a Cutting Brake?
RcRock-Guru is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 03:16 PM   #26
I wanna be Dave

Yep. It's going to be quite a task trying to figure it all out but I won't stop until I do.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:18 PM   #27
I wanna be Dave

Cutting Brakes allow you to lock one rear wheel, or both rear wheels so you can "skid" and "drag" the rear of the truck around in tight spots. You can turn very, very sharp and best of all, in competitions, you are penalized for using 4 wheel steering. You are not penalized for using cutting brakes.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:27 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

I understand what your saying but wouldnt cutting brakes work better on a car moving fast. So you can powerslide. I mean when your in the rocks moving slow it doesnt seem like locking up the rear wheels would make your car turn super tight, that instead your car would just drag them, especially considering how light and powerful our trucks are. But then I didnt even know what cutting brakes were before you mentioned them, so maybe I'm just confused.
Old 04-29-2004, 03:56 PM   #29
I wanna be Dave

Well,
All I know is that I took a ride in the Currie's Jeep when they first put them on a few years ago. I thought the same thing you did. I couldn't believe how well they worked. It was amazing. I think Jason uses cutters on his comp rig. Ask him what he thinks.
Just look at it this way. If you can get the front end of the rig pulling the front at an angle and pivoting the rear in one spot, you can move through some pretty tight spaces.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:18 PM   #30
Rock Crawler

ive seen that on pirate 4x4 before one of the nice about have in it on your r/c is if your going up a hill and you let off the gas your not going to slid back you can keep moving forword. good one.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:25 PM   #31
I wanna be Dave

Yep. It works almost as good as sway bars!
Old 04-29-2004, 04:34 PM   #32
Rock Crawler

what douse it have to do with sway bars exactly im still a little confussed. i dont like sway bars because the limit my articulation douse this do the same.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:40 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

was only joking. Referring to our little incident.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:44 PM   #34
Rock Crawler

oh but you said you were wrking on a secret project with sway bars what was that all about im so freaking confussed and its all you fault
Old 04-29-2004, 04:55 PM   #35
Rock Crawler

guru, a cutting brake allows you to use the rear brakes independantly from you front to reat and independant from left to right wheel. problem is that you can't use a locker with it. example, in my buggy I pull the cutter and the rear right or rear left tire slows down and thus forcing me to turn right or left. If used properly it is a great tool.
rcracer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2004, 04:58 PM   #36
I wanna be Dave

No no no. No sway bars for me at all.

the secret project was the cutting brake.
Old 04-29-2004, 04:59 PM   #37
I wanna be Dave

Somehow the 1:1 rigs use them with lockers. Jason should be able to clear this up.
Old 04-29-2004, 05:56 PM   #38
Rock Crawler

hahahaha
Old 04-29-2004, 06:43 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

You coudlnt independently brake just the back left or back right by themselves with a locker. It's not possible becuase if you locked up one side the other would stop aswell, but with a differential it would put all the power to the wheel that doesnt have the brake applied. Dont see anyway possible, unless you have a magical locker that I've never heard of
Old 04-29-2004, 10:01 PM   #40
Rock Crawler

The cutting brakes will work with or wiyh out lockers. On the rig that jason and my self compete with we have air lockers. We have tried leaving the rear locker off and tried it on. On our rig it works better when the locker is left on. Don't realy know why but it does.
bastard is offline   Reply With Quote