RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-txt-1-juggernaut/)
-   -   finally! my 14" TXT. (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/tamiya-txt-1-juggernaut/84678-finally-my-14-txt.html)

dieselfuel 10-06-2007 12:36 AM

its a prototype that JRH was testing. its called a BL 3015... not sure on any of the specs though. all i know is its smooth and torquey, just as smooth as my OG revolver with a quark 33A.

dieselfuel 10-06-2007 03:42 PM

4 Attachment(s)
well i got the suspension figured out. i mounted the shocks outside the chassis, where they'll be most effective. the articulation is pretty limited, but ive found since building my 2.2 blackjack that thats pretty nice actually.

im not thrilled with the transmission mounting, the stealth im using in it was in a scaler where it hung out the bottom like a transfer case, so the case has been shaved a lot. (see first and second pics) leaving only two holes to mount it to the chassis. i might have to replace the case.

Tanis 10-07-2007 12:36 AM

I like it better with the K2-3s, link geometry and shock angles look good."thumbsup" Just a thought, maybe move the lower links down to the lower holes, as it will help to transition over hangups better. As you slide over stuff on your links, you will have a better chance of sliding over stuff. Just a thought, though.;-)

dieselfuel 10-07-2007 12:40 AM

3 Attachment(s)
more progress... its just waiting on wheels and tires now. i got the electronics mounted up and operational. the tower-pro mg995 i won at nationals is more powerful than i thought it would be but we'll see how it does with maxx badlands on it. the transmission makes some noise but it's ok, it just gives the truck character. for now its done, after its maiden voyage im sure there will be some adjustments made.

any suggestions on a battery pack for this thing? im thinking about a custom 7-8 cell sub-C pack to lay on the front links.

Rockmuncher 10-07-2007 01:38 AM

looks great with a few ?'s

G'day Diesel
How far apart ar your shocks at the top mount?
Also, why not a 2/3a 7-8 cell pack on the front links?
BTW, the rig looks great!"thumbsup"
Shane

dieselfuel 10-07-2007 02:38 AM

4 7/8"... i was thinking about sub-Cs for the high mah ratings and the faster charge rate capabilities.. this truck is kinda heavy, no clue what it'll weigh after wheels and tires, so i want big cells.

Brandon 10-07-2007 02:43 PM

If you can run lipo check out the PRC 3S 2500mah at cheapbatterypacks.com. Its on sale for $28!! It has odd dimensions but it works perfect between chassis rails.

dieselfuel 10-07-2007 02:47 PM

Ill look into that,i'd have to get a new charger but mine has been on its way out since before nationals.

dieselfuel 10-07-2007 08:29 PM

I picked up my wheels and tires tonight, hpi 8 spoke wheels and max badlands. Ill throw some Aces Donuts in em and glue them on. How much weight should i use in these things?

JohnRobHolmes 10-07-2007 08:36 PM

Dang that is a tight fit for the motor! Wish I could get more of them, the company stopped making them as soon as I found them :(

Reflection 10-07-2007 11:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Tanis (Post 873763)
Just a thought, maybe move the lower links down to the lower holes, as it will help to transition over hangups better. As you slide over stuff on your links, you will have a better chance of sliding over stuff. Just a thought, though.;-)

Might help that but it'll give him even more squat in the rear. It looks like it's got a good deal of squat already. If anything,you want squat in the front and a touch of anti squat in the rear. That'll push the weight foward and down on steep climbs"thumbsup"

If it was set up for full droop,a little squat in the rear will actually help you some. It'll help keep the rear shocks bottomed out when climbing and help the torque twist some"thumbsup"

dieselfuel 10-08-2007 12:18 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by raptorman57 (Post 874801)
Might help that but it'll give him even more squat in the rear. It looks like it's got a good deal of squat already. If anything,you want squat in the front and a touch of anti squat in the rear. That'll push the weight foward and down on steep climbs"thumbsup"

If it was set up for full droop,a little squat in the rear will actually help you some. It'll help keep the rear shocks bottomed out when climbing and help the torque twist some"thumbsup"

True, this is all just kind of a preliminary setup. I dont want to put the links in the lower holes because the vertical seperation at the axle is already a lot compared to the chassis end.

dieselfuel 10-09-2007 12:00 AM

its alive!!! i ran it tonight for about 15 minuites. the thing drives great, little/no torque twist, pretty stable and it climbs stairs pretty well. ill get pics up tomorrow.

dieselfuel 10-09-2007 07:26 PM

5 Attachment(s)
its "done" (none of them are ever done)

it drives great!! just like a big 2.2 rig!!

pics.

oh what kinda body should i run on it? the ford body isnt staying on it, and i dont wanna cut the body posts til i decide on a body.

Grizzly4x4 10-10-2007 09:03 AM

I love it Diesel, this thing came together really nice for sure. "thumbsup"

How about the new Chevy K10 body?

FrankyRizzo 10-10-2007 09:49 AM

I think I am going to dig up a K2-3s for mine.

Of course I will need my rims and tires back.

dieselfuel 10-10-2007 12:08 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FrankyRizzo (Post 877833)
I think I am going to dig up a K2-3s for mine.

Of course I will need my rims and tires back.

Hahahaaa! How about i just pay you for these and you get a new set. Besides these are dirty already.

Brandon 10-10-2007 01:24 PM

Looks great, I love the stance. YOUR wheels and tires look perfect on there :lol:

dieselfuel 10-10-2007 02:32 PM

LOL thanks!

After putting one pack through it i have some idea of what needs adjusting. I gotta take some fuel tubing out of the shocks, so it'll stand up a little taller, and i gotta do that internal rear dig setup on the rear axle. It steers tight for a txt but not very tight for a crawler.

EeePee 10-10-2007 02:43 PM

Cool man, that came out pretty cool looking.

I haven't touched mine since the picture of the drivetrain laid out on the wood table... it's still sitting there as I left it.