Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Junkz0rs first ever scale build! (lots of pics)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-04-2009, 01:07 AM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Hi folks. Haven't dont alot to my poojero the last week or so, I'm actually waiting on a bunch of parts would you believe. I've got orders with rcmart, gpm and ckrc.

I expect the rcmart stuff by the weekend. Clara told me my parts wont ship til the 17th :( they must have sold out already heh and well... ckrc have so far been a bit of a disapointment.. I'm still waiting to hear back from them as I placed the order 3 weeks ago :( It's a long story and I wont go into it.

I splashed out on a set of 3racing MRC shocks to see how they will go on the back.

I'm also seriously considering building a new bullbar as I'm just not happy with my brass one.

Will have some pics of some sweet scratch-built bits soon though.

Thanks again for the encouragment.
Junkz0r is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-15-2009, 06:12 PM   #42
Pebble Pounder

Thanks justanotherhuman.

I'm actually planning to rebuild the bull-bar as I am less than satisfied with how it turned out.

I haven't actually made much progress on this thing lately due to general life and the waiting for a bunch of stuff (like my GPM steering shizzle).

I did get a set of 3racing MRC shocks and built up 2 of them for the rear. I'm very happy with these on the rear, I used the 3-hole piston and some losi 30 weight oil doing a full rebuild and they are nice and responsive. They are also rather scale looking which I like too. The only downside to these is they use M2 thread instead of M3...

Any suggestions on how to mount them to the front?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:29 AM   #43
Pebble Pounder

Hi guys!!@#

As I said in my last post, I bought some 3Racing MRC shocks as a bit of research and some suggestions pointed me towards them for the CC-01.

I rebuilt them using the 3 hole pistons with 30w associated (not losi sorry) on the rear and 40w on the front.

Now I've got them mounted up I think they look way more scale than the stockies and the RCChannel shocks that I was never really happy with.

Here's some pics of them mounted and with the RCChannel wheels (really great compared to their shocks) and the SDI Grip Doctors which I'm gonna go with for a more 'scale' look.

You can see I tapped an M2 hole just outside the stock M3 holes on the front lower A arms. I don't know if this will hold up though when push comes to shove.

The front of my CC-01 is quite weighted down to try and maintain a low CG and before adjusting the springs this was the 'squat' of the front, which is almost level with the stock arrangement of the rear shocks.

This wheels and tire combo really snugs into the guards nicely, a nice scale kinda look and feel.

You may notice I've also replaced the front upper link with turnbuckles and the lower steering links are rebuilt from stock too. I can't wait for my GPM steering kit, Clara tells me it shipped today and I'm excited about that cos the stock steering just plain sux as you all know.

I haven't dont the rear suspension hangar mod with these shocks, not sure I need it with them.

Thanks for looking guys and comments are always welcome.
Old 11-18-2009, 12:12 PM   #44
Rock Stacker

looks like you get some good flex now, good job. i might have to look into this when i get my cc01
j_dub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 07:59 PM   #45
Rock Crawler

Nice looking setup, shocks look great on there. My only concern is the 2mm hardware, please keep us informed as to how well it holds up.
fixed13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2009, 11:33 PM   #46
Pebble Pounder

PRESENTS!

Now it's ON!

Stay tuned me lovelies arrrr!
Old 11-21-2009, 12:12 AM   #47
Pebble Pounder

OH GOD WHAT HAVE I DONE??!?!?!???!?!!?

Old 11-25-2009, 02:56 AM   #48
Pebble Pounder

Oh I got my GPM parts today! I'm so horn..... Excited!

I got the steering kit and the knuckles. Have to wait 2 weeks for the CVD's

Really sweet but I'm working on the body at the moment, progress is slow.

Stay tuned