Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: Dustin's FJ40 build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-01-2012, 09:40 PM   #1
Rock Crawler

Default Dustin's FJ40 build

Ok. So I got my CC-01 for christmas and started building right away. I have some pictures but I didn't want to do a step by step thing. It's not like this is a brand new kit that no one has seen before. So first thing first. I wanted to run this pretty stock. I didn't want to get carried away. So stock motor, ESC, and suspension. I changed the wheels and tires, locked the rear diff and silly puttyed the front, added a winch, and that's about all. Since I was doing this on the cheap I made my own lipo cut off/BEC/reciever/winch ESC that all fit in one ballon for water proofing.

This all sits opposite the steering servo.
Then for tires and wheels. I wanted really close to stock size but I knew they were going to need to be softer and have a better tread design. Here is the tire I choose next to the stock tires and flatirons off a scx10.

They are tires off of my maxstone16.
I really wanted to run them on the axial wheels like it is mounted in this picture but the inner rings hit the knuckle and would require wider hexes. On top of that the wheels offset is already just a little to wide for stock look.

So I was going to dye the stock wheels black and give it a go. They wouldn't hang on without glueing. So I looked over as some MRC wheels I had. The offset was perfect so I figured they would work for now.
I'm not a painter. I suck at painting. They weather here is cold and I have to paint outside. Anyways I painted my body and I looks like shit. But I'll post my pictures here anyway.

I really like the look just wish I could paint. But I built it for playing so I'll play with it.
Oh and I'm not running rear springs at all. Running the rear on the drop system and runnning the front bone stock. Actually sits level and I like how it performs. Here is a picture of it flexed out. Nothing impressive but it works just fine.

toyotatrucks83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

Dustin's FJ40 build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New FJ40 to LR3 Build Pathung Tamiya XC/CC01 12 07-22-2011 09:31 PM
FJ40 build by DMG HITMAN 2.2 Scale Rigs 78 06-08-2010 06:31 PM
My FJ40 CR-01 Build achtung6 Tamiya CR-01 12 05-26-2008 02:36 PM
Just a scale FJ40 build. Wild trial 2.2 Scale Rigs 47 01-05-2008 06:24 PM