Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: my unimog build.. got it started

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-17-2012, 05:02 PM   #1
RCC Addict

Default my unimog build.. got it started

so far it has bearings, axle and gear box packed with grease, just got losi claws. close to stock size.. stock esc, tekin 35 crawler motor. need a lower turn or gear reduction.. gpm parts are steering kit, knuckles, lower arms, upper arms broke when i put them in. also universals, shocks front and rear. stock for link.. think im going to go with the traxxas ball ends and threaded rod and make links.. used trx rod ends on the steering to tighten it up.

my questions is on the steering, still alot of play . just ran it the first time.. wheels mover some how.. gpm steering seem to loosen up.. here is a few pictures... seems to be more steering one way then the other.. any suggestions? thanks.. had fun running it.. like to make it even better
Attached Images

m1009cucv is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-18-2012, 03:32 AM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: my unimog build.. got it started

Are you using the stock Tamiya servo connector?? If so, the servo saver is REALLY loose, and a lot of play can come from it. Replace it with a standard servo horn, or put a nice thick zip tie around the saver. That should clear it up a little bit.

Here's a quick picture of the Mog that I just finished...

Gimpdiggity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-18-2012, 05:43 AM   #3
RCC Addict

nice paint looks good. my body didnt come out to good.. i glued the servo saver.. thanks for the idea
Old 06-20-2012, 11:35 AM   #4
RCC Addict

got a few things figured out. The GPM steering was not tight enough and I had a bad servo bought a hitec 645 metal gear servo off friend. Steers pretty good. Was looking at the axial I have laying around. Don't have the right size to make a four link. So on the use and threaded rod and stainless brake line. Can some of you post up some pictures of your homemade four link? thanks a lot
Old 06-23-2012, 09:41 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Got my first CC-01(unimog) so far dremeled room for 4 to 1 gear reduction(probably too much), a 35-turn,wheel wideners, some 2.2's. Now to work on rear 4-link and steering.
RiceBurner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 07:25 AM   #6

was thinking of getting one of these but there seems to be a lot of problems with them compared to the axial scx10 what do you guys think
nixboy13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2012, 02:10 PM   #7
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboy13 View Post
was thinking of getting one of these but there seems to be a lot of problems with them compared to the axial scx10 what do you guys think

I have two CC-01s and haven't really had any issues with either of them. I had an issue with my Bronco's steering, but when I took it apart I couldn't find any problems, and when I put it back together it worked fine.

They aren't quite as capable as an SCX-10, but they are nice trucks.
Old 07-29-2012, 03:11 PM   #8

so im not into major rock crawling just a little trekking and a few step inclines would these handle them? you got any pics of your bronco bud
Old 07-29-2012, 07:22 PM   #9
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by nixboy13 View Post
so im not into major rock crawling just a little trekking and a few step inclines would these handle them? you got any pics of your bronco bud

I really like my CC-01 kits for trail running. They do, however, need a higher turn motor than what comes with them stock because they're way too fast with the stock motor. I've used 55t Axial motors in both of mine and find that to be pretty good. About a $15 motor.

Here's a picture of my Bronco.

Old 07-29-2012, 07:44 PM   #10

thats a nice bronco well thats not to bad imwilling to pay that any chance you know what kind of radio i need for leds im not sure on al this stuff im a newbie
Old 07-29-2012, 08:04 PM   #11
Quarry Creeper

You don't need a radio for the LEDs. The LEDs plug into the control box that comes with the CC-01 kit. The control box wires up to the battery that you use to power the lights.

For a radio, any two channel will work. I like using 2.4ghz systems because you can put the antenna completely out of view and not worry too much about range. There are good setups available for pretty cheap any more. I think that HobbyKing.com would ship to Ireland, so you may want to check out one of these:

HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy GTX3 AFHDS 2.4ghz 3 Channel Radio System

I have two of the American branded FlySky versions of that radio and have been really happy with them.

my unimog build.. got it started - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Started My First Build! FuzzyCrawler Axial SCX-10 1 09-06-2011 06:24 PM
Started my build BLOODBANE Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 12 03-01-2010 11:52 PM
Started my FJ build! kmrunner Tamiya CR-01 15 12-14-2008 05:56 PM
Just started my build FourPlay HPI Wheely King 12 09-18-2008 10:05 PM
First Build...Well it started as a WK billysnarf HPI Wheely King 4 08-26-2008 01:50 PM