Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Tamiya Scale Rock Crawlers > Tamiya XC/CC01

Notices

Thread: New to me CC01 Jeep Wrangler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-23-2014, 01:28 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default New to me CC01 Jeep Wrangler

So I inherited a CC01 Wranger from my best friend who died up in Michigan. I have never had a Tamiya and it is entirely different than other crawler I have and have had.

I would like to build a scaled out class 1 rig out of it that I can take out here and there or let friends use but I have some questions.....

Here is the rig as it sits...

And on to the questions...

1. What is this "black brick" people have said to remove? It is quite possible my buddy already took care of that but I want to make sure.

2. It appears to have aftermarket knuckles(Aluminum and say HR on them) and aftermarket aluminum rear link setup with aluminum "C" plates that they attach to that wrap over the axle. Is there other mods I should look into to get it properly reliable and efficient as possible?

3. Like I said I want to make a class 1 rig out of it and it will see its fair share of water. I plan to cut some styrene and seal off the battery slide in and space between the front wheel wells to help keep as much water out as possible. Is there any other inherit things I should do to help water prepare it?(besides general electronics prep)

4. It comes with dark tinted windows, does anyone make a clear window set or interior for it or will I have to hand build one?

5. is there a decent prefab roof rack that's known to fit this body?

6. Will the transmission hold up to a geared down 3s? Obviously I don't want fast but I like a nice torquey rig and the only 2s I have are hardcases for my TF2 which wont fit in this.

Sorry for all the questions, but I greatly appreciate it!
R|M|D Photography is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-23-2014, 02:54 PM   #2
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: New to me CC01 Jeep Wrangler

First off......spend a fair amount of time and read...... there are a lot of threads here that will help you greatly.

As to your questions....

1. It is the large square shaped area under the front bumper....

2. Drive it and see what works and what doesn't work. Then read some more threads in here.....

3. ?????

4. I have seen clear windows on here but don't know where they are from...

5. I would take some measurements and begin searching the web to find one of the appropriate size.

6. These truck are geared way too high from the factory for crawling. Even with a 55 turn brushed motor these should have a Gear reduction unit if you want it to crawl at all. Search the threads here and you will see what others have done.

Good luck and remember......we love pics so post plenty

fla_cracker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:01 PM   #3
Powered by Awesome

Default Re: New to me CC01 Jeep Wrangler

I love my cc01!
Easily one of my favorite rigs!

I left "the block" on the chassis. I never caught on much anyways.

I added a spacer on the front bumper mount to raise it up.

I also added spacers ontop of the springs to add more ground clearance.

I also clearanced the A arms to allow more droop.

don't forget to notch the bottom skid to allow the steering links to droop more as well.

see pics below:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TwistedXT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2014, 04:32 PM   #4