Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: sik boys night crawler...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-27-2011, 08:09 PM   #61
Quarry Creeper

okay! worked on the rig thru out the week.....honestly i dont feel up to posting pics at the moment so ill get em up tomorrow. lol

like i said i re-installed the pinion shims, better but still binded. followed your suggestion of raising the upper links at the axle...used old t-maxx shock bushings as the spacers for the upper link mount on the rear axle, it was almost like they were intended for such use, worked great and they are 3/16" tall.
modified the inside of the battery tray and lowered it into the chassis to lower some weight. i really like how that lil project turned out.
picked up some different springs at ace hardware and found the closest match to the springs being ran externally on the stock set up and changed it over to internal springs with 50wt losi shock oil on the front for now. seems to be set up pretty similar so im excited to see how it will perform.
plus the upper mounting locations have been changed do to the battery tray relocation.
gonna take it out this weekend and see what happens i guess. i think it should work well....i hope!
ill get the pics up tomorrow for you guys. thats where i left off at today....
SIK_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-28-2011, 09:20 AM   #62
Quarry Creeper

okay, heres the pics...enjoy

rear axle upper link risers at axle...

lowering/modified battery tray...

used the mounting brackets from the rock lights for the lowering mounts on the battery tray...

heres where the bottom of the tray needed to modified. i think it turned out pretty clean and cleared perfectly. also i did flip the tray around so that the antenna mount is in the rear, it just where i wanted it.

and a shot to see how much lower the tray sits now...

relocated the rear shocks outboard more, made spacers for the original mounting spot...

ace hardware springs for internal set up,
in order they are a #3, #5, and #9...thats how they are rated i guess.

Hey just so guys know, the rock light mounts used to lower the battery tray have been moved to the outside of the frame plate after mock up, keeping them inside would not have hurt anything, but it does push the top of the rails out and just didnt look good. so i just used a barrel sanding bit on my dremel and smoothed out the edge of the frame plate where the battery trat mounting posts are then just reversed the hardware, works out real slick for a nice looking set up. Heres how the rig sits now, gonna make some good runs up north this weekend...

there ya go, hope you like the work and it helps out...
Ryan
Old 01-28-2011, 10:56 AM   #63

Interesting mod on the battery tray. Be sure to post how that works out for you. Those of us not running lipos would appreciate it!
Penguin Geek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 07:05 PM   #64
Quarry Creeper

Thumbs up

Hey Ryan you are learning fast what’s the way to go with this thing!!!! Great work man!!! Can’t wait to start with my LNC modification anyway at least, every night, before go to sleep, I can see some good news at RCCrawler forum, that’s for sure my favorite site my friends!!!
See you soon and keep your mind dreaming, it’s all possible, just with a little bit of imagination!!!
EL VASCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2011, 10:53 PM   #65

Thanks for the great ideas! I just got a LNC and swapped the rims to pro-line titus with some weights and tonight im gonna swap out the servo to an airtronics digital high tech servo. Post up how the lcg battery tray works. Great job
joe-oh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:43 AM   #66
RCC Addict

I dig seeing a truck on OG masher 2Ks. Reminds me of the old days
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2011, 08:57 AM   #67
Pebble Pounder

Great work on the battery tray!!! Cool way to use larger packs AND lower the COG
bluice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2011, 06:11 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

okay! what a treat to get out of town! and then to run my rig on the new set up! man i was so happy to finally see the truck work as it should! it redeemed itself worthy today!!! lol
and let me say, watson lake is amazing, just north of prescott, beautiful!

heres the pics, enjoy

all ready to leave the hotel room...

couple senic shots...

and some action shots...

short pit stop needed!

and back at it...

k, this was a really steep rock side, and yes i had to jump to catch this lil truck from tumbling down to the ground, man did that hurt, shoulda let the f'er fall! lol!

and i caught it mid way in a flip driving back down...
that it for the my run at beautiful watson lake! hope you like the pics. Later, Ryan
Old 02-10-2011, 10:59 AM   #69
Rock Stacker

Looking good dude! Love this thread. Serves great purpose and aid to us LNC guys!

Im working on my bug body now. Almost done. Ill post pics on my thread later.
Cksrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2011, 06:55 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Rayn great work you were making onto your LNC, just make me feel I little bit jealous because I can get that priced time to start with my own LNC thread.
Ok ok I’ll take it easy, my turn will soon arrive, so keep your work running man, it serves us like inspiration SIK BOY!!!
Oh, so beautiful rocks you got there at Watson Lake, looks like a perfect place to rock all day long, isn’t it!!!
Glad to see you are enjoying your upgrades onto your LNC!!!
EL VASCO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:34 AM   #71
Pebble Pounder

hey sik boy nice job. i actually just bought a lnc las weekend. its my first crawler. i actually used your thread to do some mods. and its run great since then. i dont really understand what i did but haha ill learn. nice pics and thanks for the help.

heres my lnc so far

Last edited by dirty_v; 02-18-2011 at 02:08 AM.
dirty_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2011, 12:37 AM   #72
Pebble Pounder

oh btw i had a quick question. i talked to someone else about modding this and they told me to move the esc to under the battery holder. heres a pic

i didnt really see a use for this, other then making a cargo space haha.

so my question is, does this really help or should i just move it back?
Old 02-11-2011, 08:46 AM   #73
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for comments guys, i think my lnc is dialed in pretty good at the moment, theres a comp coming up on the 27th ill be in on thats for sure, as long as im off.
dirtyv, placing the esc where you have it is okay, just make sure you have good clearance for full suspension movement ya know. i placed my receiver in this spot but left the esc on the "cargo tray". your off to a good start, your lnc has a low belly too...howd you set her up? and your right, learning and having fun doin so is part of the hobby bud.

elvasco...i was very suprised to see what was at watson lake that weekend, it sure was a blast! Keep going on your rig dude!

Chris, glad to hear your trucks doing good too. Howd the axle turn out?
i also am working a new bug body, thinkn same colors kinda but want to lay out differntly...

Its cool that my thread is able to help out everyone in one form or another!
Old 02-11-2011, 11:48 AM   #74
Pebble Pounder

i went to the local rc track and a guy told me that i need to get my belly low, and then he proceeded in taking the suspension spring stoppers out so my springs sit on the axle. that by itself lowerd it about 2 inches. then i adjusted the spring placement on the shocks so it was up alittle higher. and i lowered my lower links to the lowest spot. like i saw in your pics. i think that lowered it alittle as well. sorry about my lingo, im still new to all this stuff and havet caught onto any of your guys's rc language haha.
Old 02-11-2011, 01:34 PM   #75
Rock Stacker

Default Shocks

Hey Ryan I am taking off the spring on my shocks because of tire rub. What do you sugget to run? Saw you had 3 different springs. I am going to run droop to lower it. What rating should i set my springs at?
Cksrt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:36 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Penguin Geek View Post
Here come all the LCC or Axial fanboys saying you should not expect a comp-ready crawler from a LNC without extensive mods. In 3...2...1...
HAHA told you so!!! hey at least your out having more fun with your rig then i am with mine. but yeah going through this thread for my friend with a lnc so i can give him some advice.. thank you for posting this thread its extremely helpfull..
slegh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 08:42 PM   #77
Quarry Creeper

slegh...no problem brother, glad to help! Glad to hear that so many get somthin from my posts!

Chris, as far as the springs are concerned, thats why i went internal on the fronts. just becareful with full droop on the night crawler dude, its a picky f'n rig! But to start i just chose a spring that ( by feel ) felt the same as the stock. then chose one stiffer and one softer...then its personal trial and error mi amigo

Dirty v, just like anything, sooner or later youll catch on. but like i told cksrt, just becareful setting up a full droop, the pinion angled dont like drastic angles! let me know how it works, and give me some pics....we all like pics!

Met up with the PARC guys today for the Summit Crawl Off, didnt enter my rig but it was cool to meet some people in person finally ya know. the gf and i were just playin with the rig on the finished up courses and im really starting to think the stock electrics are on their way out the door! Just dont see the umph it had and im not liking my throttle response so im gonna start doing a search for a replacement motor/esc combo and think about lipo's.....maybe! LOL
Oh and yea, i really need to upgrade my tires n wheels! tired of spinning on rocks others run up...
ill post some pics and let ya know what i decide to do, any thoughts, please share...with personal experience too.
Thanks
Old 02-13-2011, 10:31 PM   #78
Pebble Pounder

so i went over to super samurai's today and learned a bunch of new stuff. put the servo from my redcat supercrawler onto my lnc and it did wonders. learned that i need a bigger set of tires. he told me what kind but i forget haha. he has a great set of rocks next to his place and i didnt manage to get any pics...unfortunately. i also added a 16t pinion. this lnc is amazing. im really glad i bought this as my first crawler.
Old 02-13-2011, 11:19 PM   #79
Pebble Pounder

Rovers are a great tire, and they can be found for around 12$ a set for whites.
Zimm98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2011, 03:54 PM   #80
Quarry Creeper

Wow, I honestly didn't know they were that cheap dude. Sweet cuz the rovers is one of the tires on my mind. What do you think of the foams that come with the rovers, ggood?

Dirty v....you put a 16t pinion in your lnc? How does the truck perform from stock? I was thinkn bout up in size...I had an 18t on for a bit and hated the wheel speed...real slow. Let me know tho.