Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: sik boys night crawler...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-14-2011, 05:05 PM   #81
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by SIK_BOY View Post
Dirty v....you put a 16t pinion in your lnc? How does the truck perform from stock? I was thinkn bout up in size...I had an 18t on for a bit and hated the wheel speed...real slow. Let me know tho.
yeah a 16t pinion. i still have the stock motor on as well. it has about the same wheel speed as stock but it seems to perform better. i also put the servo from my redcat supercrawler on it and that helped alot. i wish i had some action pics to post, but i didnt get any sunday and its been raining all day here. great old washington state. gotta love it.....lol. im still learning but i had a question. what would be a good motor to go to for more torque with not as much wheel speed. i dont need it to be as fast as a short circuit racer but i would like the torque.

Last edited by dirty_v; 02-14-2011 at 05:08 PM. Reason: woot 3rd page started
dirty_v is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-15-2011, 10:32 AM   #82
Rock Stacker

the rover foams are too small in diameter to fill the tires. I got a set of foams and a 2nd set of tires and foam from Novasark here in this site, they work great and he can recommend what to use
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 12:06 PM   #83
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeinFresno View Post
the rover foams are too small in diameter to fill the tires. I got a set of foams and a 2nd set of tires and foam from Novasark here in this site, they work great and he can recommend what to use
X2 on the Crawler Innovations foams from Nova. Email him your set up and he'll get you all lined out.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2011, 07:42 PM   #84
Pebble Pounder

so i took some new pics in the 15 to 20 min break of rain we had. coundnt find any rocks where i thought there migt be, but i did find soe trails left behind with some pebbles haha. heres the pics.

Old 02-15-2011, 08:44 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

rig looks good dirty! glad to see some pics bud.

mike/killswitch, this guy makes the foams? whats the deal with the provided ones? do the fit around the wheel and not tall enough to fill the heigth of the tire?
im getting a list together of things i need before the 27th...
SIK_BOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:38 AM   #86
Rock Stacker

correct, they dont fill the tires at all. i just installed the new foams and they are just right, a little wrinkle in the fronts and tall and a little firmer in the rear. Have not used them yet tho as Im doing all the upgrades at once on my rig and it will be a week or so til done.
MikeinFresno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 12:06 PM   #87
RCC Addict

Crawler Innovations

He does all kinds of stuff. The 2 stage foams use a firmer inner foam and softer outer foam. The firmer inner give the tire a lot more sidewall support which helps in side hilling and the softer outer ring really lets the tire conform to the rocks and do work.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #88
Quarry Creeper

sweet!
Hey did the novak terra crawler 55t replace the "fifty five" motor?
Old 02-18-2011, 08:10 PM   #89
Quarry Creeper

woo hoo! new motor/esc combo on the way! Thanks to matt, via rcc classifieds! BUMP...lol
Old 02-20-2011, 11:56 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

k, tossin around the idea of some boss claws mounted on a pro-line titus wheels!

OR!

rovers mounted up on the titus..................................hmmmmmmm!!? ?

we'll see i guess! need to make up my mind and order em this weekend!
Old 02-20-2011, 10:46 PM   #91

hey sik - newbi to the crawler world lnc coming 2/25/11 read alot of your q and a... heres one for you? can there be to much grease?...that make the worm bind or do you greese on the safe side? gona add your grease ports 1st! How often? newbi thanks sir.
sketchboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 08:01 PM   #92
Pebble Pounder

hey sik can you post a few pics on how you make the holes for the grease on the axle, i dont want to tear anything up when i do it. thanks
Old 02-21-2011, 08:50 PM   #93
Quarry Creeper

sketch boy, yes you can definetly have to much grease! all you need is to put a nice lather of good marine/bearing grease on the pinion and worm assemblies, and your good to go! tighten all axle housing bolts evenly as to not tighten one all the way tight at once, alternate the tightening til there all snug! NOT tight, just snug.

And honestly, after i did the front axle housing with the grease port, dont think im doin the rear. when you take apart and do good inspections cleaning and regreasing, theres no real need for the port.

but, in the first post i made to start this thread has the proceedure in doing so if you decide to put one in, its not a bad thing if done right.
Old 02-22-2011, 01:09 PM   #94
Quarry Creeper

IM LOOKING FOR SOME WHEEL/HUB EXTENDERS AS WELL GUYS, ANY THOUGHTS?

am just adding on to this post from earlier...so pretty much hate being on a time crunch, dont think that im making the comp this weekend, didnt make up my mind in time to get parts ordered, so instead of running around wild thru here and posting stupid question threads, im sharing my final thoughts on the the next upgrade.
1st, i did buy an esc/motor combo from rcc classifieds, got the novak crawler/55t combo.

really tossed on wheels, i like the titus and tuner weight option but also like the vp's....
and for tires, im leaning towards the boss claws in red foam to start instead of the rovers...
and i need a dang steering servo, i like the new hitec HS-7950TH, i think ill be safe there...

opinions...???

Last edited by SIK_BOY; 02-22-2011 at 09:16 PM.
Old 03-03-2011, 12:03 AM   #95
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
yea, im not oppose to keeping the lnc wheels, after all you can always scuff n paint em right? i was thinking about melting down some fishing weights and molding the lead in the inner groove on the stock lnc wheels, but honestly...dont know how to play with the lead. lol

need to figure out my gearing and then look into traction!

hey anyone know the differences between the shock pistons and springs?
pistons come in black, orange, blue...not sure on springs, wondering on new shock set up, and thinkning of internal spring set up too, any ideas???
hey might be beating a dead horse here, but if you go to walmart they sell lead in spools. its what i used.
Old 03-03-2011, 06:25 PM   #96
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:

really tossed on wheels, i like the titus and tuner weight option but also like the vp's....
and for tires, im leaning towards the boss claws in red foam to start instead of the rovers...
and i need a dang steering servo, i like the new hitec HS-7950TH, i think ill be safe there...

opinions...???
I would get the Vp wheels. You would be happier in the long run. Get the Boss claws over the rovers. Tune the foams and your golden.

The servo sounds good.

Have you thought about getting LCC shock arms ? That would help in tune aid. Also going to lipo's ? That would help BIG TIME in climbing by getting rid of alot of weight up top.
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2011, 08:52 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

yea im on your track of mind thought too eric. im just figuring out which vp set up to order and the the boss claws are in!
as far as lipo, honestly i just need to do my research til im happy with it, i truely do like my nimh thats why ive modified to lower the weight, it really made a difference i thought.
Old 07-11-2011, 10:56 AM   #98

Could you this mod with a lipo battery? Or would the motor create to much heat?
Jophuss36 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2012, 08:32 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: sik boys night crawler...

knockin the dust off.......
Old 10-02-2012, 11:38 AM   #100
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: sik boys night crawler...

Well ill put some pics up later but i swapped in the rear internal shock springs and relocated the mounting poi ts for the upper rear mount as to make the shock more straight up n down and also to lower the stance a bit and then headed out for a weekend up north with the gf! Had so.e good moments up around the southern sedona are this past weekend and the most amazing part was the fact that i believe my gf really likes the crawler, so much i think she might just get herself! Lol
as for the down side to this rig...im pretty sure ive gone as far as i can go with the stock motor and tires! To me it just seems that if the tires dont roll over and prevent the wheel from turning the motor poops out when i need that umph to get up n over ya know. I have a nice motor i scored from an embay purchase and im still considering the 2.2 rovers. But i am contimplating somthin like a bowtie tire as well...we'll see. Have some priorities for the moment then ill spend some more money on this rig.