Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Alex's sporty aka The Stormtrooper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-08-2013, 05:00 PM   #61
Rock Crawler

Default Re: Alex's sporty aka The Stormtrooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Erik D_lux View Post
Looks great as always Alex.

For the Bully shafts, all you would have to do is make your axle longer such as he, and then I am making 70* universals with bully stubs.

DLUX super build

Thanks Erik I appreciate

Quote:
Originally Posted by losikid View Post
I think the bully's shaft is too girthy to fit in that hole...its a tight fit w/out the tube

They will fit buddy , bully shaft are 6mm right? My adapter's are 6mm.
AlexG is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2013, 05:07 PM   #62
Got Worms?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexG View Post
Thanks Erik I appreciate

They will fit buddy , bully shaft are 6mm right? My adapter's are 6mm.
6mm shaft in a 6mm hole = friction right? I'd think you'd want atleast .5mm of clearance all the way around the axle shaft...right now there's only like 1 mm of clearance around, and i'm not sure if half a mm wall thickness could handle very much abuse.
losikid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 05:11 PM   #63
Rock Crawler

I'm not that dumb

The "adapter" are the part's that let you run xr10 shaft's in the losi spool, I wasn't talking about the tube, they have proper dimension

I was going to ask you If you wanted me to make a pair of tube for you, I'll reconcider my offer
Old 01-08-2013, 05:19 PM   #64
Got Worms?

Quote:
I'm not that dumb

The "adapter" are the part's that let you run xr10 shaft's in the losi spool, I wasn't talking about the tube, they have proper dimension

I was going to ask you If you wanted me to make a pair of tube for you, I'll reconcider my offer
I must be confused...i'm talking about the tube, what are you talking about?

Are xr shafts 6mm? I thought they were only 5...but i don't pay that much attention to axial stuff.
Old 01-08-2013, 05:24 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Yeah I know you where talking about the tube wondering if bully shafts may fit, then I told you that my adapter that let you run xr10 shaft are 6mm wide and fit nicelly inside the tube.

The shaft's themself are 3.97mm
Old 01-08-2013, 06:23 PM   #66
Defy Gravity

so the tubes are not for all axles in all conversions. now i plan on putting a bit of dry graphite in my tubes to make sure (i'm the paranoid type, i run a small amount of grease usually outside the spools to create a seal) that there isn't a problem at all. all that being said, these tighten up the tolerances in the cases a lot, and the trumpet ties the tube into the housings more than just a standard tube.

then accepts to ax and xr (correct me if wrong alex) c's. now that is pretty much all sorts of awesome in the end, means we have a stronger housing system in the end, and have a pretty deep axial parts bin to dig through, standard 0* kingpin and then 8* kingpin also. now that's a functionality we have never truly had before in a purpose built losi part. combine that with xr axles having the strength and the steering angle to really chuck that around, its all win win to me. the xr axle may not be the absolute most bomb-proof axle out there, but it has exactly the right stuff for our purposes as a community, and they are readily available at a good price.

the bully shafts are great axles too, but they do take up a lot of housing space as austin has explained. they are a big mother of an axle. now they are pretty much bullet-proof, but they weigh more and for a sportsman (since that's what most people use their losi's for now) they are straight overkill unless you're running a pro4. as a 2.2p axle, they are still overbuilt, the driveshafts will fail long before any sort of damage will go to the axle. the trade-off with the xr axles is that they are a little less "dear god" than the bully shafts, meaning they aren't the strongest out there. doesn't mean their weak at all, but just not the ultimate in strength. pretty sure that goes to ofna titans that the madforce guys use anyway.

you can have an axle that functions perfectly well, or you can have an axle you can beat like a rented mule and not worry about it, but the parts down the line. .
ghtpdm5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 10:02 PM   #67
Wanna get? Gotta want.

Quote:
I think the bully's shaft is too girthy to fit in that hole...its a tight fit w/out the tube
Did you read the link I attached in that quote. Specifically the 4th line.....

I can make the shaft any diameter you want. I just checked and the LCC locker is just a bit better than 4mm so I would keep it around that diameter. The ones I made for my berg are only 4mm shafts and they are holding up good. I only went 5mm since it was my super.

Edit:

Also, even if you didnt want to do the universal route, you could just run super bully shafts cut down for the LCC locker. No need for the adapter on the Bully stuff just to run wider.

Unless youre married to the non 8* stuff like I am, I wouldnt even bother with anything other than what Alex is doing. Cheap, effective, strong and replacement parts are readily available. I wish this would have been around when I ran the LCC. SO many problems solved with this mod.

Sorry for the hi jack Alex. Just drumming up some convo.

Last edited by Erik D_lux; 01-08-2013 at 10:28 PM.
Erik D_lux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2013, 11:25 PM   #68
Got Worms?

I skimmed the pictures abit...it's been really busy lately..also i didn't know you were making custom shafts

I could care less what axle i'm running, but strength comes before other stuff...not insane strength, but something that you gotta try to break. It be awesome to get 60* of steering and a slightly wider axle.

Originally, me a hlc (highland crawler) had plans, almost identical to what alex is doing, but with custom shafts from the get go. However, he dropped off the face of the earth before we got very far. So i went with bully shafts instead.
Old 01-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #69
Rock Crawler

Quote:
I skimmed the pictures abit...it's been really busy lately..also i didn't know you were making custom shafts

I could care less what axle i'm running, but strength comes before other stuff...not insane strength, but something that you gotta try to break. It be awesome to get 60* of steering and a slightly wider axle.

Originally, me a hlc (highland crawler) had plans, almost identical to what alex is doing, but with custom shafts from the get go. However, he dropped off the face of the earth before we got very far. So i went with bully shafts instead.

No problem I understand, did you need to cut a lot from the bully shaft to fit the stock losi width? I'm asking this because I could make a pair of tube for you and you run bully C's, adjust your caster and have slightly wider axle. If there's anything I can do let me know

These wheels suit my losi nicely

It hurts me so bad to see my truck on it's wheels and not being able to run it

Old 01-09-2013, 10:00 AM   #70
Quarry Creeper

Drool, have you run the leopards? Do you like them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
mikro383 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 10:08 AM   #71
Got Worms?

Quote:
No problem I understand, did you need to cut a lot from the bully shaft to fit the stock losi width? I'm asking this because I could make a pair of tube for you and you run bully C's, adjust your caster and have slightly wider axle. If there's anything I can do let me know

These wheels suit my losi nicely

I cut off acouple inches from the bully shafts...If i run your tubes to get a wider axle, i'd probably go with a universal setup though to get more steering. And save the bullies for a mrc build or sporty...

You oughtta get that losi running...
Old 01-09-2013, 12:07 PM   #72
RCC Addict

So, there would also be a bully option? Basically your tubes, bully shafts cut to length with the ends ground to fit the spool, then the what would you do about the knuckles and chubs?
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2013, 03:23 PM   #73
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikro383 View Post
Drool, have you run the leopards? Do you like them?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

I used to love em but it depend where, this is my old set and I want to give em another try.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
So, there would also be a bully option? Basically your tubes, bully shafts cut to length with the ends ground to fit the spool, then the what would you do about the knuckles and chubs?

Not really, I'm trying to stay focused on XR stuff altough the pricinple is the same.
Old 01-10-2013, 01:35 PM   #74

Good implemented , very Nice
raccoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2013, 02:16 PM   #75
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by raccoon View Post
Good implemented , very Nice

Thanks man I need to finish it for the supercrawll
Old 01-10-2013, 02:21 PM   #76
Defy Gravity

Quote:

i'm brain farting a bit here, missing some elec's or something else?
Old 01-10-2013, 02:35 PM   #77
Rock Crawler

Just a servo and steering link, I have an fxr, bec and a 15t crawlmaster. But I think I'll order a 7950th early february to get this truck running
Old 01-10-2013, 02:39 PM   #78
Defy Gravity

ahh, makes sense now. i have servos sitting, but they are mostly junk plastic gears. the steering link shouldn't be too bad depending on what direction you head on it. could always rob the berg for a test run
Old 01-10-2013, 03:15 PM   #79
Rock Crawler

Steering link isn't the biggest deal, now you got me thinking I may do it when the trumpet's are ready
Old 01-10-2013, 04:01 PM   #80
Rock Crawler

Oh yeah forgot to give the track width.

The front is at 11 3/8" with 725 hub and the rear is at 10 5/8"with 225 hub and flipped wheels.

Alex's sporty aka The Stormtrooper - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Alex's Lomo aka Darth Vader AlexG Team Losi Comp Crawler 369 06-14-2012 08:47 AM
Alex's Axial whitty Axial AX-10 Scorpion 6 08-07-2008 02:57 AM
Stormtrooper Buildinstuff Axial AX-10 Scorpion 13 12-31-2007 07:27 PM