Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Clocking The LCC Motor & Tranny-Not The Same Direction Everyone Else Does

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-06-2012, 02:03 AM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Clocking The LCC Motor & Tranny-Not The Same Direction Everyone Else Does

I have seen quite a few threads on people clocking the center components 180 degrees, but has anyone clocked them the other direction? As in taking the whole assembly (in stock configuration) and standing it up on one side? You could build some sort of mount so that instead of attaching to the skid plate, it would attach to the side of the chassis. It would give you the ability to take the side to side angle out of the driveshafts so it wouldn't bind on the upper link in front. I searched but didn't see anyone who has done this or documented it.

Last edited by Dini; 07-06-2012 at 02:06 AM.
Dini is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-06-2012, 05:59 AM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: Clocking The LCC Motor & Tranny-Not The Same Direction Everyone Else Does

If you turn it to its side, your motor will be really high, and give you high cog, or if you do it the other way I think your driveshafts will be to high of an angle. You may want to check out the tranny that BDW is selling, I thinks it's right up your alley!
Tgreer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2012, 04:09 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Clocking The LCC Motor & Tranny-Not The Same Direction Everyone Else Does

I thought about the cog being too high with that setup. It might work, it might not. I will check into that tranny by BWD (Billet Works Designs).

Last edited by Dini; 07-18-2012 at 12:14 AM.
Old 07-10-2012, 03:07 AM   #4
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tgreer View Post
If you turn it to its side, your motor will be really high, and give you high cog, or if you do it the other way I think your driveshafts will be to high of an angle. You may want to check out the tranny that BDW is selling, I thinks it's right up your alley!

I couldn't find that tranny you were talking about. Do you happen to have a link for it?
Old 07-10-2012, 03:25 AM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Pm this guy,billet works. He should be able to hook you up.
DeadlySwan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2012, 11:46 PM   #6
Pebble Pounder

Thank you. I sent him an email (his PM's are shutoff or disabled).
Old 07-17-2012, 01:26 AM   #7
Pebble Pounder

Ok, no reply back yet. So what's next, smoke signals or should I tie a note to a pigeon's foot?

Or maybe you can just give me the run down on the tranny?
Old 07-17-2012, 02:44 AM   #8
Rock Stacker

I haven't seen the tranny they speak of nor have I heard much about it.
Why are you wanting to flip it? That'll put the motor on top of it as well. I think flipping it to get the driveline down the center and if need be, clocking so the motor is towards the front of the crawler is ideal. The tranny still is a little higher than I like, but it's as low as possible for the stock chassis. This is because the driveline is centered making the motor touch the chassis. I noticed a big improvement over stock when I did this though.
Try keeping everything as low as possible!!
zkid009 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 02:30 PM   #9
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dini View Post
Ok, no reply back yet. So what's next, smoke signals or should I tie a note to a pigeon's foot?

Or maybe you can just give me the run down on the tranny?
He's had some family stuff going on lately, so give him some time.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2012, 04:20 PM   #10
Pebble Pounder

10-4. I checked out his website and didn't see it there either.

Maybe I will try the normal flip on mine and see what happens.
Old 07-17-2012, 04:43 PM   #11
Pebble Pounder

Do a simple offset of the trans. Keep in mind it will make the motor hang out the side of the chassis and will require a bit of work to set up properly.

In the end, you gain a lot as far as the ability to run bent lower links and the ability to mount your smaller electronic components lower in the chassis.

Marcus
Draggermirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 01:47 AM   #12
Pebble Pounder

If I do this "simple offset" will it make the crawler lean to the offset side and have adverse handling due to said modification?
Old 07-19-2012, 06:41 AM   #13
Rock Crawler

Quote:
If I do this "simple offset" will it make the crawler lean to the offset side and have adverse handling due to said modification?
He means the "Rubba transmission mod." There is a thread about it here.

Rubba's TLR Comp Crawler Prototype

I just did it last weekend. It is pretty simple, but it takes a while (but I am very slow). It will take some tuning to get used to but I have noticed that everything runs so much smoother, and the ability to run much more bend in the links is fantastic. Also, like dragger stated, all the electronics are so low now. The only thing I have on the chassis other than the dig servo is the RX and BEC (next to nothing, and so low to the chassis).
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2012, 04:12 PM   #14
Pebble Pounder

Yeah I read that whole thread a while back. Looks easy enough. I've said before I have no problem doing what needs to be done to make this thing perform.
Old 07-21-2012, 07:55 PM   #15
Quarry Creeper

is everyone still running the dig servo on top of the trans? im thinking about trying to tuck mine in beside the trans but not real sure how i would set the linkage up.
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-21-2012, 08:47 PM   #16
Pebble Pounder

I am only because I cant find a place that sells one to put it somewhere else. Im too lazy to build one too
Frikenwoodro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 12:46 PM   #17
Pebble Pounder

Here ya go-----> RcBros Hobbies
Old 07-23-2012, 02:17 PM   #18
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Here ya go-----> RcBros Hobbies
Those have been on backorder for sometime.
Frikenwoodro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:15 PM   #19
Quarry Creeper

look on ebay, i found mine used i think they had a couple left., but they wont work with the rubbaneck trans mod. puts the dig servo right where the driveshaft would come out. so i'm thinking of tryin to find a way to put the dig servo in the chassis where rubbaneck had his esc. just gotta come up with a linkage.
dieselmudder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2012, 03:18 PM   #20
Rock Crawler

There is one on eBay right now. I would of posted the link, but I am on my phone.

Rubba just runs his dig in the stock location. I did that mod recently and am REALLY impressed.

Last edited by dentonmac; 07-23-2012 at 03:20 PM.
dentonmac is offline   Reply With Quote

Clocking The LCC Motor & Tranny-Not The Same Direction Everyone Else Does - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to do reverse tranny & motor mod? StickyWheels Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 15 12-14-2011 07:44 PM
clocking a motor in a WK tranny and gearing ?? 72Blazer General Crawlers 4 03-26-2007 12:16 AM
Clocking the Tranny????? Raymond_Q Tamiya Txt-1 and Juggernaut 2 12-05-2005 02:36 PM