Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Lower Link Mod to Make Youre life easier!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-13-2012, 08:38 PM   #1
Pebble Pounder

Default Lower Link Mod to Make Youre life easier!

I removed the old lower links and made new ones using brake line, revo rod ends and 8-32 threaded rod. There are other threads going into that so I wont type all of the up but you can find info on that here: Home made lower links ?

ANYWAYS! I moved the mounting location of the chassis end of the lower links from that awkward middle spot to the outside by drilling holes through the chassis plate. Then I used m3 screws and nuts along with a washer on the inside so the rod ends wouldnt rub on the chassis plate. Pictures below are pretty explanatory.

If you do this take note of the following:
-the revo rod ends may rub the chassis plate somewhat so use washers or a razor blade to remedy that.
-if the mounting hole is too high it will cause the lower links to interfere with the uppers so be mindful of that
-i took advantage of the process and made all high clearance links while i was at it BUT too much clearance causes rubbing on the upper links.

sixshooterstang is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #2
Pebble Pounder

Default Re: Lower Link Mod to Make Youre life easier!

anyone else do this?
Donahue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 03:59 PM   #3
Pebble Pounder

It's not obvious to me that this mod would offer any performance advantages. I would also worry that the front tires would get into the lower links at full steering lock. Jerry
jgrim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2013, 06:57 PM   #4
Pebble Pounder

It looks like there would not be enough triangulation. But it is intriguing because it would help keep a flipped trans lower. I am designing a new chassis right now because I broke the stock one, and I have access to water jet but not a mill. Something like this would help simplify my skid design.
Donahue is offline   Reply With Quote

Lower Link Mod to Make Youre life easier! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
My life just got a lot easier kuatto Chit Chat 41 10-16-2012 02:16 PM
Tips to make soldering 3 wires to 1 Dean's terminal easier? shelljeep Electronics 28 02-03-2011 04:19 PM
4 link mod from stock lower links droopmodmrc Losi Mini-Rock Crawler 18 05-04-2010 10:51 AM
lets make it easier for the newbie ROCKEDUP RICKY Comments, Suggestions, and Help 58 05-31-2009 04:14 PM
how do I make or get templets for lower link mount JJBADBOY Tamiya Clod Buster 3 08-09-2008 04:28 AM