Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Team Losi Comp Crawler

Notices

Thread: Losi night crawler 2.0

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-17-2015, 03:02 AM   #1

Default Losi night crawler 2.0

Hi guys I'm looking at getting a loss night crawler 2.0. Just want to know does this rig have any know problems?
revkev91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 11-17-2015, 05:52 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Losi night crawler 2.0

If I read it right, it's basically a LNC with the HD worms installed, a Dynamite 35turn motor (original nc had a 55turn, although I think it's been proven that it was, in fact, a 35turn armature), an led light bar on the roof, a little better steering servo, and waterproof electronics - Losi says the battery tray is redesigned, but it looks a whole lot like the tray on my older NC

It's a tried and true design that has tons of parts availability and a pretty strong upgrade/hop-up market

As an owner of the original LNC, I'm hoping the rerelease of it is an indicator that Losi has been made aware of an increase in interest in the platform

while the 2.0 version of the vehicle is practically unchanged from the original and it's obvious that Losi didn't need to re-tool their facilities to bring it back to market, they are a large, wise company who usually doesn't spend time/money/effort releasing vehicles that have no chance of earning them some sort of profits

It's certainly possible that, given its original success, along with the overwhelming market forces at play these days in regard to the demand for capable, quality RTRs in every vehicle category, that Losi is simply eyeing the profit potential of a rerelease involving very minimal investment - and how many legitimate, quality RTR crawlers in the $270-$300 range are available right now? - if you want a very capable RTR crawler with almost unlimited upgrade potential, I say go for it - if I didn't have my V1 LNC, I'd be eyeballing the V2 very hard

My hope is that they sell a ton of them and some of the upgrades that have gone the way of the Dodo because Losi dropped the lcc/lnc so long ago will become available again (can you say metal transmission gears/knuckle weight systems/custom chassis/cages/links/bodies?)
mudholestomper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 08:25 AM   #3
RCC Addict

No known problems worth worrying about, other than the possible boredom that comes from having a rig that outperform all other RTRs out of box...

The only issue I came across with my Comp Crawler that might also be present on this new rig was that most (all?) of the screws were overtightened at the factory.
The main issue with that is the four outermost screws on the rear axle (accessible by removing the rear wheels) can cause some axial strain on the bearings.

Read more about it in my friction thread.
Olle P is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 02:02 PM   #4

Thanks for the info guys.

Not sure if I should get the LNC or build a super crawler. Not sure of any good kits to build a super crawler from. I just saw the LNC at my local hobby shop and saw the price and thought it might be a good place to start as this will be my first true crawler. The closest thing I have to a crawler is my scx10 and my wraith spawn.
Old 11-17-2015, 08:47 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by olle p View Post
no known problems worth worrying about, other than the possible boredom that comes from having a rig that outperform all other rtrs out of box...
So true.
84yoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 01:16 AM   #6
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by revkev91 View Post
Not sure if I should get the LNC or build a super crawler. Not sure of any good kits to build a super crawler from...
Super crawlers are all DIY! (Although some pre-fabricated parts are available, as well as possibly some used rigs.)

One of the very best advice for a crawler beginner-to-be is to find out what other persons run in your area!
If you get in touch with active locals you will:
1. Have more fun.
2. Get to try before you buy.
3. Get advice on what and where to buy.

If they all run SCX10 or Ascenders and you show up with an LNC2 you'll get bored. Try to at least stick to a class that's represented locally. If you then also use the same basic chassis as the majority it will be easier for you to borrow (or lend) spares when you run with the others.
Old 11-18-2015, 02:14 PM   #7

Most of the guys are running hsp crawlers but there are a couple with xr10's rear steer and they can set what % the want the motors at but i dont want to go that crazy with it because it seems like they are for ever pressing buttons changing setting in stead of driving. They is one guy with a modded venom crawler he said he hasnt spent a heap on it but it goes great he is able to drive it better then most of the guys with the xr10.
Can the losi be set up to have a dig?
Old 11-18-2015, 04:48 PM   #8
I wanna be Dave

Yes, the lcc has dig. You could also setup a MOA on the losi axles. That would be hard to beat unless someone has something that's 100% dialed and knows how to drive. Which doesn't sound like there is any in your area.
Old 11-19-2015, 12:55 AM   #9
RCC Addict

The LNC, out of box, should be able to beat those HSPs unless they're heavily modified.
If you add dig you'll be fighting the XR10s.

While I have an LCC I've never used the DIG and don't intend to. Initially it was because I didn't want to spend the extra money on a 3+ channel radio and extra servo. Then I realised that DIG would put me in another competition class, where my chances of success would be worse.
Old 12-21-2015, 02:09 PM   #10
I wanna be Dave

Only difference is electronics.
Old 12-27-2015, 08:02 AM   #11

I bought one last month and I've only had it out a couple of times with no troubles,I also disassembled the axles looking at grease and overtightened bolts, there was grease and the bolts were in spec, I'm also running 3s and a 14t pinion.
Popps 61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2016, 10:43 PM   #12
Pebble Pounder

Is it worth looking for a 2.0 or is the...lets call it the 1.0 still worth looking at. I'm seeing a few in the $150 range for stock rigs.
Nubster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2016, 10:21 AM   #13
I wanna be Dave

I would say no, the differences the 2.0 has isnt worth it especially if your going to upgrade to a brushless setup.
Old 01-12-2016, 10:01 AM   #14

I chose to go used LNC rather than a new V2 and upgraded to brushless with 12T pinion.
totally unrelated: plasti dipped the hell out of stock servo last night, installed tire chains, and the rest of my electronics are already waterproof... it snowed 10cm last night, cant wait to finish work today
Baladeen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2016, 05:34 PM   #15

Thinking a LNC V2.0 might be my first foray into comp crawling.
Keep the info coming

Cheers
Nudge
nudge2325 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2016, 05:59 PM   #16

I just purchased a lnc 2.0 after searching up and down the internet for a comp crawler that I couldn't find. Replaced all links with losi lcc parts, lcc shocks, hitec servo, novak 55t, eiger esc, 2s lipo. No dig... But enjoying it very much. I would highly recommend!!
80ontherocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Losi night crawler 2.0 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
New to the Losi Comp Crawler or Losi Night Crawler - Post your questions here! Mad Dawg Team Losi Comp Crawler 355 05-14-2023 06:43 PM