Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southwest > Texas

Notices

Thread: New Weekly Sunday Meet (El Paso, TX)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-04-2008, 09:39 AM   #121
Pebble Pounder

this Sunday was fun i was starting to have withdrawals from not crawling in so long, Cyrus tore it up with his truck, he loved it, he just needs an esc.......here are some pics from Sunday

boost_aholic97 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #122
Cob
Rock Stacker

Needless to say I was pretty crushed you guys went out in the morning.:-( I was at the park by my house all morning running the trucks. I went out at 4pm to UTEP and made every line I tried. My truck is so dialed in. How come I see 2 pics of your truck, 1 of Rays, and none of Cyrus's?
Cob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 01:02 PM   #123
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cob View Post
Needless to say I was pretty crushed you guys went out in the morning.:-( I was at the park by my house all morning running the trucks. I went out at 4pm to UTEP and made every line I tried. My truck is so dialed in. How come I see 2 pics of your truck, 1 of Rays, and none of Cyrus's?

I can't wait to see this beast in action brian.......Sunday we will be going back to the afternoon meets, not very many show up in the morning......
Old 08-06-2008, 07:34 PM   #124
Pebble Pounder

Just wanted to make some noise in here, got kinda quiet.

Well I am hoping my junk is back running by Sunday. PP screwed the pooch with my payment.

Andrew

BTW Am I in Sun City Rock Mulisha?
vltchkr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2008, 08:38 PM   #125
Cob
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by vltchkr View Post
Just wanted to make some noise in here, got kinda quiet.

Well I am hoping my junk is back running by Sunday. PP screwed the pooch with my payment.

Andrew

BTW Am I in Sun City Rock Mulisha?
You are one of the founding members bro.....
Old 08-06-2008, 10:57 PM   #126
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
You are one of the founding members bro.....

Write on

Hope to see you all this weekend

Andrew
Old 08-07-2008, 08:53 AM   #127
Pebble Pounder

I am in on Sunday, morning or afternoon. Hope to have my aluminum links by then. Like an idiot it seems I forgot to order rod ends last week so hopefully they will be here by Saturday. About time, 3 weeks is a long time to wait. Will need to be shown how to wire my motor though. I am an idiot when it cant just be plugged in.

Laters, Sam

Last edited by TraxFD; 08-07-2008 at 08:56 AM.
TraxFD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 10:46 AM   #128
Pebble Pounder

I think we should be able to get out the on sunday afternoon, for a while at least.......we may head out to the track cause i'm going to be driving the school Race car.......

here is the dyno vid....
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-lVTszTRtcU
Old 08-09-2008, 09:07 AM   #129
Cob
Rock Stacker

Looks like we got out chapter in TXRCRCA. We need as many people that can to show up on Sunday. We will be talking about our chapter and planning times and places that would work for comps! We need to get eight in atleast, I believe was the number. I know UTEP has unlimited places for comps. I have a park by me that would be fun, and we chill at my place afterwards and cook out. We should have Andrew get us a place in LC for another comp. Be thinking of some ideas for places.

Barnabie, what time are you racing Sunday? Really need you and Ray there. We should make some flyers and get them in some LCH's. Let's blow this thing up.

Brian
Logan
Ray
Barnabie
Cyrus
Andrew
Sam
Bear (let's find out why he hasn't been around, Ray)
Ect.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:36 AM   #130
Pebble Pounder

Thats awesome Cob. Looking forward to compete (if my parts and rig get up to par, I need some help.) Now the important question. The new servo I bought only runs in reverse of my radios steering. How do I fix that without switching wires on the sevo? Any ideas. Also what gun to buy for soldering so I can hook up my new motor too, and flux of solder for that . See you guys tomorrow, let me know what time.
Old 08-09-2008, 10:51 AM   #131
Pebble Pounder

Brian, the track opens at 6pm and we'll probably start at about 7pm-8pm and on.....i will be there at least for a little while....i registered and i also registered Cyrus

Sam, it really shouldn't matter if the servo runs in reverse or not, you can use the switch on the controller to your likings! not sure on the soldering tools, seeing that i suck at it....we'll see you out there sunday!
Old 08-09-2008, 11:20 AM   #132
Cob
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TraxFD View Post
Thats awesome Cob. Looking forward to compete (if my parts and rig get up to par, I need some help.) Now the important question. The new servo I bought only runs in reverse of my radios steering. How do I fix that without switching wires on the sevo? Any ideas. Also what gun to buy for soldering so I can hook up my new motor too, and flux of solder for that . See you guys tomorrow, let me know what time.
Sam, I can solder the motor if you need it. I have a nice iron from my work. If you do it yourself any iron will work really. Be very careful of the flux as it is very caustic (ruined the first 2 new 40$ea motors on my berg from it). I use silver solder from Radio Shack without flux now. Works really well and no flux mess.

What Boost said about the servo should fix you. Just reverse the steering on your controller.

Do you guys want to start like 2 or 3 so Boost has time for his rice burner? It will be hotter but we haven't had a good get together in a while now...

Last edited by Cob; 08-09-2008 at 11:23 AM.
Old 08-09-2008, 11:21 AM   #133
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
What type of radio are you using? I think most radios have servo reversing? Or just flip your servo? I use a 60w adjustable iron an Novac Silver Solder, Works good, just make sure you tin everything before you solder.

Looks like we got out chapter in TXRCRCA. We need as many people that can to show up on Sunday. We will be talking about our chapter and planning times and places that would work for comps! We need to get eight in atleast, I believe was the number. I know UTEP has unlimited places for comps. I have a park by me that would be fun, and we chill at my place afterwards and cook out. We should have Andrew get us a place in LC for another comp. Be thinking of some ideas for places.

Barnabie, what time are you racing Sunday? Really need you and Ray there. We should make some flyers and get them in some LCH's. Let's blow this thing up.

Brian
Logan
Ray
Barnabie
Cyrus
Andrew
Sam
Bear (let's find out why he hasn't been around, Ray)
Ect.

That is great news!! As for places here in Cruces, you name it we have it. So are we meeting at the regular time tomorrow? If we are going to talk about our chapter, how about we tailgate pot luck style?
Let me know and we can start a list of who is bringing what.

Hope to see you all tomorrow.

BTW would love to run my Night Rod against 700hp of import muscle

Andrew
Old 08-09-2008, 12:56 PM   #134
Cob
Rock Stacker

So you guys up for a 1 or 2 start time and a BBQ? I like the idea.

Boost can you call Ray and see if he is cool with it? This way you have plenty of time to get to the track.
Old 08-09-2008, 01:22 PM   #135
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
So you guys up for a 1 or 2 start time and a BBQ? I like the idea.

Boost can you call Ray and see if he is cool with it? This way you have plenty of time to get to the track.
Amy is cooking a pork loin in the crock pot for tomorrow, we will also bring rolls
Old 08-09-2008, 01:57 PM   #136
Pebble Pounder

Im in. Let me know what I can bring.
Old 08-09-2008, 02:03 PM   #137
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Im in. Let me know what I can bring.
well a grill would be essential maybe hot dogs, potato chips.

I think 1 would be a good time to meet.... Lets rock this thing

Andrew
Old 08-09-2008, 07:06 PM   #138
Pebble Pounder

Thanks for the info guys. It is the stock radio and I dont see the switch. maybe you can learn me tomorrow. Anytime is good for me. I will bring hot dogs and buns. How many? 24? If I dont hear anything that will be it. Jonesing to rock crawl. By the way my parts came so I have my rear lower links and steering links done. About time.

Andrew what do you mean tin?
Old 08-09-2008, 09:06 PM   #139
Cob
Rock Stacker

Needs for tomorrow;

Dogs and buns = Sam
Burgers and buns = Brian
Condaments (mustard, mayo, ketchup, ect.)
Chips =
Potato salad =
Drinks =
Plates/plastic forks =
Small grill =
Canopy if someone has one

Please try and fill these in if you are bringing something so we can figure out what else we need.

1pm bring your sunscreen
Old 08-09-2008, 09:25 PM   #140
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Needs for tomorrow;

Dogs and buns = Sam
Burgers and buns = Brian
Condaments (mustard, mayo, ketchup, ect.)
Chips =
Potato salad =
Drinks =
Plates/plastic forks =
Small grill =
Canopy if someone has one

Please try and fill these in if you are bringing something so we can figure out what else we need.

1pm bring your sunscreen
We will bring the plasticware and a grill

Sam, tinning means you cover the stripped ends of you wire with solder, and drip some solder on your motor connectors or what ever you are soldering. It takes less heat time on your components and makes life in general easier. Also get yourself a 3rd hand or helping hand, radioshack has them at a good price.

Andrew

Last edited by vltchkr; 08-09-2008 at 09:33 PM.