Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Panther Cougars

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2008, 04:49 PM   #301
Rock Crawler

macro69camaro- I was running NWTT hybrid reach foams in front with 6.5-7 oz on the MSDs (vented) and rockhammer reach foams with 3 oz on the prolines. The prolines were sealed (airtight)

Update - now running two foams in each rear. 1 red kreepy and 1 Panther memory foam with great results. I cut the foams into 1/4's them alternate them within the tire. I now run the prolines vented with this foam setup with better results.
crawlinghulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2008, 05:30 PM   #302
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by noob_superman View Post
the panther cougars have been pulling out of multiple bead lock rims that i have used them on, its not just the msd's. (they seem to work good on my mayhem spiders though) the problem is panther made them way too thin. the sidewall is also very thing and i know of a couple people that have already teared them.
Hey noob=superman, sorry I missed your post. I have a set of Mayhem wheels I'll mount these my cougars on if I continue to have problems with my Rocksolids I threw two beads at the last comp. Thanks
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:54 PM   #303
MODERHATER™

Well I have this to say, in most situations these tires excel compared to my Claws, Mashers, and Badlands. I am having a small testing problem, they keep shredding my front ring and pinion, I have done 2 in one battery pack!! All the other tires I have ran I have not stripped one. That tells me something-TRACTION!!! Nothing on the rig has changed except I am running less weight.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 05:58 PM   #304
Moderator Rule Breaker

Quote:
Originally Posted by 666 View Post
Well I have this to say, in most situations these tires excel compared to my Claws, Mashers, and Badlands. I am having a small testing problem, they keep shredding my front ring and pinion, I have done 2 in one battery pack!! All the other tires I have ran I have not stripped one. That tells me something-TRACTION!!! Nothing on the rig has changed except I am running less weight.
Is this on your poulson rig ?
eric113 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 06:05 PM   #305
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by crawlinghulls View Post
macro69camaro- I was running NWTT hybrid reach foams in front with 6.5-7 oz on the MSDs (vented) and rockhammer reach foams with 3 oz on the prolines. The prolines were sealed (airtight)

Update - now running two foams in each rear. 1 red kreepy and 1 Panther memory foam with great results. I cut the foams into 1/4's them alternate them within the tire. I now run the prolines vented with this foam setup with better results.
i am running the similar set up in the rear, proline mem foams and panther memory foams. i have the prolines on the outside, and panthers on the inside. I really like the way it is working set up like this! stock panther mem foams up front.

i'm going to miss noob! lol
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 08:55 PM   #306
R.I.P. Chip

Quote:
Originally Posted by dkingston View Post
Ok Nooby Superchick, ball is in your court.

Here is how it will work.

1. Acknowledge on this thread you will take me up on my offer
2. PM me your addy and let me know your preferred online RCC vendor.
3. I will contact them and order you a set of Losi Rock Claws
4. You refrain from posting positively or negatively, on any thread, about the Cougars.

Deal?

Quote:
hell yeah noob_superMAN will take you up on your offer. I pm'd you the info, and thanks for the tires ill make sure to post up some pics when i receive them
Quote:
Originally Posted by dkingston View Post
Cool! now go away. Please don't post in the cougar thread anymore.

- David
Wow so did Panther just pay someone to not say anything bad about their tires?

<---ducking and running for cover
jason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2008, 09:07 PM   #307
I wanna be Dave

It would almost be worth the repramand for me to abuse my mod privilages and give noobsuperb^&@# a vacation......
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 08:47 AM   #308
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by jason View Post
Wow so did Panther just pay someone to not say anything bad about their tires?

<---ducking and running for cover
HAHAHAHA, that would be true if I were still affiliated with Panther. Since I am not, it is just a case of someone tired of the SSDD whining....

I have expressed my likes and dislikes with the tires and the cases where I believe the claws are better. In fact, I hated one compound that was used in testing so bad that I was going to throw them away at a comp but someone wanted them instead.

Glad to see you poking the hornet's nest, Jason. I thought by now that I would have pi$$ed you off to the point you would ignore or ban me ;)

Give me a call sometime if you feel like sparring about a few things....

- David
dkingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 03:46 PM   #309
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
It would almost be worth the repramand for me to abuse my mod privilages and give noobsuperb^&@# a vacation......

thats kinda funny in a twisted way
clod & bruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 05:01 PM   #310
Pebble Pounder

I just got my panthers yesterday, they don't hold in my rc4wd true scale's very well and on one tire the bead was close to a 1/4 inch too big. I could slide the whell right through it without touching the sidewalls. So far I'm not happy with them at all.
spinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:14 PM   #311
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
well so far he didn't order or ship any tires and he hasn't responded to my PM's. i guess the big man on the forums cant keep his word. ill give him a couple days to get those tires out, if i don't receive them ill be happy to post up some video and pictures of my findings of the panther cougars so everyone can see my findings.

Don't you need some credibility for any one to care about your "findings"??
Old 06-10-2008, 07:35 PM   #312
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamikaze View Post
Don't you need some credibility for any one to care about your "findings"??

Wow, tell us how you really feel don't hold back this time...LOL

I have read about some having a hard time keeping them on the bead....?

I had the first set of prototypes to hit the rocks so they have been on for a while, I wanted to try another foam set up, so I took all the screws out (msd's) and had to pry the bead loc ring off with a screw driver. and pull hard to get the tire off the wheel.

IB..
I B RACIN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 07:38 PM   #313
I wanna be Dave

yeah, i had them mounted on my sinners for less than a week, wanted to add some more foam in the rears and also had to pry the ring off of the tire, seemed like it was actually glued onto the tire. it was crazy! i never had a tire stick like that to a ring before. the softness and the compound of the tire is incredible.
rockbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:36 PM   #314
Rock Crawler

Quote:
well so far he didn't order or ship any tires and he hasn't responded to my PM's. i guess the big man on the forums cant keep his word. ill give him a couple days to get those tires out, if i don't receive them ill be happy to post up some video and pictures of my findings of the panther cougars so everyone can see my findings.

HAHAHAHAHA 24 hours? Dayum what did you expect? Send me 5 or 6 more PM's and I will ignore them as well.

I will post HERE when your tires are ordered. So far, you have not lived up to your end of the deal. Stop posting about the tires, HAHAHAHA
dkingston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:56 PM   #315
I wanna be Dave

As long as someone spends a little time tunning the cougar tire to work with there rig and maybe a little time tunning the rig to work with the tire there is no way You can say this tire is not way ahead of the others.

Yes it is thin but that is a good thing . By being thin it allows it to react to foam and suspension changes.

As for it not staying on the bead on most wheels I know as a fact that you will not pull it off a VF wheel and by the end of the week we will know about the how it stays on the new Mayhem wheel.

If you look at most of the beadlocks i think the problem is that where the inner bead of the tire sets on the wheel is machined to far back from the surface where the ring bolts on. On the VF wheel it is even with the bolt surface. This coul be fixed by a simple trip to the machine shop and have them mill down the bolt surface so that the gap between the beadlock ring and the inner bead is no so wide.Then the clamping force would be greater .

But i know that most people are to lazy to do that and just want everything to work perfectly straight out of the box. Oh yeah and these tires suck because you have to tune them.
joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 09:57 PM   #316
I wanna be Dave

Here is a vid of the tires that suck.

joesbruiser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:09 PM   #317
'08 2.2 National Champ

Anyone who says these tires suck is a damn fool and should stop crawling all together. They might not be perfect for you in your situation but if you say they suck then either you have the worse foam set up ever or you absolutely don't know how to drive. Yeah, there might be a tire that is better in some circumstances, but that's what makes different products great.

I was a huge skeptic when I got mine, but I'm sold now. Am I getting rid of my Losi's, no, but I doubt I will run them nearly as much anymore.
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 10:10 PM   #318
I wanna be Dave

I think we all need to remember that no amount of money or parts can make up for shitty driving.

(Joey....)
Old 06-10-2008, 10:17 PM   #319

Quote:
Originally Posted by joesbruiser View Post
Here is a vid of the tires that suck.

Dang Joe I think you need some bigger rocks. That climb with 1:20-1:25 left on the timer was awesome, climbing up that face while side hilling it
RXcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2008, 11:17 PM   #320
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

wasn't the deal you agreed to was not post in this thread anymore? looks like you can't even follow your own side of the deal. if he hasn't responded to your pm's how do you know he didn't order any tires?
bulzeye is offline   Reply With Quote