Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: New Integy Tires (eye rolls)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-18-2008, 06:14 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by FULL METAL JEEP View Post
as much as integy rips off other rc designs, the truth is that pretty much all of these tires (as you must be aware of) where copied from the designs of Interco's SS line, BFG, Toyo, Maxxis, Mickey Tompson, etc. So I dont find giving any credit to any company for any design they shell out, cause I've seen the life size ones way before, and though they are all cool looking, nothing is new. It's all based off real offroad tires, esp Interco. You take a bit of MT's the Baja Claw and give it the BFG's side bitters and call it what you want. If they made it life size they would be getting law suits shoved in every hole on their body. Just like Losi's "rock claws". Thats not even close to a half assed original design. Thats Interco's Bogger with some siping and grooving. It works and it's cool. But it's a rip.

Dont get me wrong, I like all these designs. The fact that they have tried to re create the real world tread makes it that much more appealing to me. But to call these idea's originals is ignorant.
TRUE DAT!!
dont slow down is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-18-2008, 06:28 PM   #22
RCC Addict

yup i agree with full metal jeep.

Last edited by dirk379; 09-18-2008 at 06:53 PM.
dirk379 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2008, 07:17 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

I think they are ugly any way. The screwed up either the Tread or the Sidewall up on all of them. The Bogger ones side was look like Cheap Moabs. The 2nd one they screwed the Tread up. The 3rd is the Best looking one they have. The Last one looks like it might work the best out of all of them. It looks more like a Masher then a MickyT.... Still I would never waste my Money on Integy's Tires. Basic Alumn Parts are fine in my Book. But a better tire can be found for the Same price or even Cheaper.
run2jeepn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2008, 01:47 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by run2jeepn View Post
It looks more like a Masher then a MickyT...
Clearly that is directly stolen from the Baja Claw (below on buddies Willy's). Right up to the side wall lug extensions. See those distinct square shaped voids? And they have BFG's "rock Ribs" in between the lugs (those little squiggles)

Morbid Angel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2008, 10:13 PM   #25

i completely agree with full metal jeep. i havent seen many, if any, designs that are actually new and not copied from real world wheelers. however, i am not critisizing this, as the connection is really what drives us to buy them usually. the few that are original just plain suck.
busyfixin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2008, 11:53 AM   #26
20K Club

Quote:
as much as integy rips off other rc designs, the truth is that pretty much all of these tires (as you must be aware of) where copied from the designs of Interco's SS line, BFG, Toyo, Maxxis, Mickey Tompson, etc. So I dont find giving any credit to any company for any design they shell out, cause I've seen the life size ones way before, and though they are all cool looking, nothing is new. It's all based off real offroad tires, esp Interco. You take a bit of MT's the Baja Claw and give it the BFG's side bitters and call it what you want. If they made it life size they would be getting law suits shoved in every hole on their body. Just like Losi's "rock claws". Thats not even close to a half assed original design. Thats Interco's Bogger with some siping and grooving. It works and it's cool. But it's a rip.

Dont get me wrong, I like all these designs. The fact that they have tried to re create the real world tread makes it that much more appealing to me. But to call these idea's originals is ignorant.

IF you look at this as an isolated incident then I could almost agree with you. But if you have any knowledge of the RC industry in the last however many years you would know that Integy has a reputation for blatant copying.

For that reason it is damn hard to support them.
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2008, 11:34 PM   #27

Quote:

Yes, you have a point but RC4WD put TONS of R&D into their compounds and fine details specific to RC crawlers, and one can't overlook the work of Losi, proline and panther for their contributions to this growing hobby. Integy is basically making a product to take advantage of an unsuspecting buyer(or the overly curious), when they know that the other companies took the risk of making molds and spending time on the project and talking to the rccrawling market to figure out what the we want and worked hard to make us as happy as possible.

Now I saw the SS01 in the new RCCA. and as far as a super.. i think the SOG from the tube chassis is a little too high, the front upper shock mounts look pretty weak and the rear uppers dont look much better either. But I haven't really looked at the hustler closely to compare the two.
Verbatim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2008, 10:54 PM   #28
RCC Addict

When will integy come up with there own stuff? lol,
5150bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 12:25 AM   #29
Rock Crawler

Thumbs down

Integy is a complete JOKE
Trugg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 02:23 AM   #30
RCC Addict

The last set that looks like the PL M2ks, look like they might work the best out of all those. I wonder if they got a pretty soft compound. The shine says differnt, could be just the lighting though. But then again PL has them in M3 so.... They should have atleast tried to make those 40s lol.
ADDICT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 09:07 PM   #31
Quarry Creeper

Here is another example of sucky business practices

McDonalds spends millions in r+d to decide where their restaurants (lol) will be , Rally's just puts one of theirs as close as possible . Spending no money which enables them to turn more profit...

everything is easy to do when you let someone else try , fail , or make it FIRST!

by the way INTEGY SUCKS
vn1500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 10:14 PM   #32
I wanna be Dave

rallys gives me the shitz :-( good ass fries though
sloppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-28-2008, 11:39 PM   #33
I wanna be Dave

Looks like they took from RC4WD and Prolines tires. Its too bad they could not of just made 4 whole new tire designs as you know the toolings had to be expensive.
RPP Hobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:30 AM   #34
Custom Carbon Fiber

Exactly what Harley said .... those that have been into the hobby over 10 years have seen that they carry a history of doing this exact thing, this isnt anything new to them nor do they care. ( my opinion )

but unfortunately as Crawling grows bigger and bigger we're all gonna see alot more of this happening from other companies. its the nature of the beast and everyone wants their little piece of the pie.
Robbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 07:54 AM   #35

But thankfully, there are places like this for NEWBIES like me to go, to see the story from a different side. While you all have many years in this, I am just looking to buy my first. So I say thanks Integy and thanks to the first and each poster in this thread. You guys have all helped me in a future tire decision, it WONT be integy.

Thanks again.
Oilfield_Mafia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2008, 09:15 AM   #36
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeanD View Post
What's a "professional" super size rock crawler" ?
You know.. stuff that newbs buy.

If my LHS's happen to bring these tires into stock at some point in time, would I take a look at them on the rack...sure why not. Would I invest my cash into them, probably not. Mostly due to the fact that I don't need any other tires anyways..hah.

But if they have been doing this for years, then c'est la vie. It is just Integy being Integy and it is still up to the consumer to decide on what tire choices he/she/they want to make. I have only supported Integy recently with purchasing a small hex tool kit set from my LHS.

Price might also influence decisions on these tires as well.
Nerve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-01-2008, 10:05 PM   #37
Quarry Creeper

Regardless of cost, performance or availability, Integy should be ashamed of themselves.
LincolnBlack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 09:29 PM   #38

I was gonna buy a set of the ERC5's but after reading into what you guys said.... i'm gonna say no to them.
ThE_PuP_4x4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2008, 10:27 PM   #39
RCC Addict

you know, maybe im reading into some of the replys wrong, but to me, many of you sound surprised that they copied someone. lol

This is what integy does. sees whats selling and knocks it off. RC Part/Make/item/Product/Company/Innovation, whatever, they dont care. They buy one of the parts, scan it, and make it, then sell it putting your good manufacturers out of business from time to time. You know, the ones that made killer units like our crawler items. The Guys that put their money, family, and ass on the line to start making parts for us to buy that actually did something in regards to design, testing, ect..., not to mention the time and effort and money for molds, T&M for prototype parts....

If you buy Integy stuff, you may as well move to china, cuz America is almost owned by china now. sure its a small area, but why help it any more than we already do.

do yourself and maybe your neighbor how still has a job making something new and innovative for us to use/buy, a favor, and DONT BUY INTEGY, PERIOD.

sorry jm2c
Timmahh
Timmahh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-27-2008, 01:51 AM   #40
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThE_PuP_4x4 View Post
I was gonna buy a set of the ERC5's but after reading into what you guys said.... i'm gonna say no to them.
so many good tires out there. happy with hammers and claws for sure. also depending on terrain. hammers are awesome.
5150bronco is offline   Reply With Quote