Notices

Thread: Official Reveiw,,,Pit Bulls "Rock Beast" 2.2 Prototype

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2010, 11:51 AM   #161
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just Zach View Post
I guess Warpig and I are undeserving of how we placed in Montana
not imo, i'm confident you could have used rocks for tires and still drove the hell outta that thing.
XSRCdesign is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2010, 12:00 PM   #162
Rock Stacker

Quote:
WRONG These tires are as close to a scale tire as the other tires mentioned. They were allowed and nothing illegal or unethical here in running them. Good job and well deserved.

Last edited by team sidewinder; 06-03-2010 at 12:03 PM.
team sidewinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 12:18 PM   #163
'08 2.2 National Champ

Quote:
Originally Posted by exesivefire View Post
not imo, i'm confident you could have used rocks for tires and still drove the hell outta that thing.
Quote:
Originally Posted by team sidewinder View Post
WRONG These tires are as close to a scale tire as the other tires mentioned. They were allowed and nothing illegal or unethical here in running them. Good job and well deserved.
Thanks guys
Just Zach is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:32 PM   #164
I wanna be Dave

yeah you guys straight deserve the podium spots you earned,,,..

good driving shouldnt be shadowed by tires,,that look pretty scale IMO,,that flat out work,,,
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 01:49 PM   #165
RCC Addict

LOL at all the sandy vagina's in here
montana.matt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:07 PM   #166
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by War Pig View Post
Hmmmm, I think that they look pretty scale, maybe a little wide, but I think it' s a nice compromise between looks and performance. I think you have to have the right style and size of truck to pull off the look though. My Bronco is 1/8.5 scale and looks more scale than say a Bruiser body would look. Everyone has an opinion though, and that's fine, but I see alot of people running these in the near future because they flat out work.

Yeah, a little wide (but I like wide tires). And they are way too big for my mountanieer even though it is truggied out. (1.9's please!) My set is on the way for my daughters creeper and I can't wait to get them! I have a good friend that had something to do with the making of these tires so I got them through him. He would have told me sooner, but didn't know I ran "toy" crawlers. As for the "not scale" comments, they look like cut rockers to me. And the only guy I know that was there is Andy, but I'm sure the results of tcc wouldn't have been much, if any, different if "those" rigs were running rox lox instead.
jeep94xj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 06:34 PM   #167
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeep94xj View Post
Yeah, a little wide (but I like wide tires). And they are way too big for my mountanieer even though it is truggied out. (1.9's please!) My set is on the way for my daughters creeper and I can't wait to get them! I have a good friend that had something to do with the making of these tires so I got them through him. He would have told me sooner, but didn't know I ran "toy" crawlers. As for the "not scale" comments, they look like cut rockers to me. And the only guy I know that was there is Andy, but I'm sure the results of tcc wouldn't have been much, if any, different if "those" rigs were running rox lox instead.
I actually was looking for a wider scale tire for my Bronco, and now I have them. I will admit that I think I had a slight advantage in the TTC with these tires, I think that they have better straight line climbing than Rok Lox (ask Lance "madscrambler" about that) and don't fold over on sidehills as much. I've been running the Rok Lox for over a year, and these Rock Beasts do perform better on my Bronco, and I don't even have the foams dialed yet. I still think that I would have finished in the top 5 in the TTC, but I really feel that these pulled me over the top in the Tank Trap. Whether they should be legal for scale class isn't up to me, but I will definately push for them to remain legal because we have such a limited number of large scale tires to choose from.
War Pig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:04 PM   #168
RCC Addict

Quote:

I agree, they aren't a 100% copy but how many tires are?

The hollowed out isn't but then they would have to ban the Hammers and Carvers too. There are only so many options.
they are spaced out a little much but also on the other hand if they were super close the wouldn't clean out. but the hollowed lugs just make it look more comp then scale to me.

Quote:
not saying that at all.

i think it is great for the hobby/sport that a 1:1 tire company is willing to make a tire for us, i hope that if there are plans to make a 1.9 that they change a few things to look a little more scale, thats all.
jeepcj578 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2010, 07:32 PM   #169
I wanna be Dave

I've got mixed feelings on the whole idea of which tires were excluded, etc...along with the 12oz weight rule, but, honestly, there is no mistaking that these tires are patterned after the pitbull rocker.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 08:47 AM   #170
RCC Addict

Location: NHFF world headquarters, working on the "rock mauling hill shooting NHFF pig squealing death rocket"

Quote:
Originally Posted by justinart24 View Post
This is not a scale tire, lugs WAY to spaced apart and whats up with the hollow lugs. These tires are not "SCALE"
im sorry, but if you think these tires are not scale and not made to look like the 1:1 tires, you need to get your head out of your butt! i dont like them on rc crawlers or big rigs, but a 1:1 tire company has steped up to make this hobby better. just remember, 90% driver and 10% rig. congrats to zach and tim, im sure they would have done just as good with anything else.
buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 01:09 PM   #171
RCC Addict

Thanks Desmond and the guys at Pit Bull for a kick ass tire I just got them mounted up yesterday on some new wheels and am looking forward to a break in the rain to get out and get some run time on them

I'll be ordering a set for my 2.2 scaler soon
Old 06-04-2010, 01:42 PM   #172
Quarry Creeper

no deals for me...had to wait a couple weeks but i have a set on the way... cant wait to get them on this beast!!
thanks Pitbull

elbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 02:45 PM   #173
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by montana.matt View Post
Thanks Desmond and the guys at Pit Bull for a kick ass tire I just got them mounted up yesterday on some new wheels and am looking forward to a break in the rain to get out and get some run time on them

I'll be ordering a set for my 2.2 scaler soon
dang,,,rig looks sweet with the new rims and tires,,,whats your initial thoughts on em,,,??
dezmoon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 03:40 PM   #174
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by dezmoon View Post
dang,,,rig looks sweet with the new rims and tires,,,whats your initial thoughts on em,,,??
Thanks
My first thought was how sticky they were They almost remind me of Panther's compound they use on the Cougar, but only stickier. I've had high hopes for them since I first saw them on PB's website a while back and it looks they might the perfect all around tire for comp and scale

The wheels are Motorworx Racing's 1" wide wheels. I was a little concerned that I might have a hard time mounting these wide tires on a 1" wheel, but they went on with ZERO problems. I'm using Crawler InNovations 5.5"X2.25" Dual Stage foams, with about 7oz. in each front wheel and nothing in the rear (for now).

The weather here is supposed to break tomorrow, so hopefully I can get out for some testing to see how they do on the rock we have around here.

Now we just need to get them working on some 1.9 and Super Rock Beast's
Old 06-04-2010, 04:00 PM   #175
RCC Addict

Prolly missed my answer some where but just browsing their site, I never saw a price on these, how much are they a pair?
slowngreen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 04:24 PM   #176
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by slowngreen View Post
Prolly missed my answer some where but just browsing their site, I never saw a price on these, how much are they a pair?
After shipping I had $61 and some change in mine.
EvilTwin v2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2010, 10:17 PM   #177
RCC Addict

Location: NHFF world headquarters, working on the "rock mauling hill shooting NHFF pig squealing death rocket"

Quote:
Originally Posted by elbo View Post
no deals for me...had to wait a couple weeks but i have a set on the way... cant wait to get them on this beast!!
thanks Pitbull

thats cool! got a build thread?
buggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:48 PM   #178
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Hey Zack , I'm not saying that at all . I hope you didn't take it that away . I was just saying what I thought about the tires . Hell I know how you drive ,you could have won with slicks .
Badd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 06:56 PM   #179
MODERHATER™

I want to give a big thanks for Pit Bull Tires for sponsoring our Colorado 2010 Vanquish Products La Guerra en Rocas Rojo Numero Dos comp. Your help is much appreciated!!

I love the look of the tires and can't wait to get a few sets for my rigs, they will look awesome on my rckjeep truggy!!

Thanks,
Patrick

Last edited by 666; 06-05-2010 at 07:06 PM.
666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-05-2010, 07:02 PM   #180
I wanna be Dave

Good looking tire, now we just need one for the 1.9s!

PLEASE!
dezfan is offline   Reply With Quote