Notices

Thread: Flat Spots

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2011, 11:09 PM   #21
~ Got PROPANE ? ~

I agree with all of these posts:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Butcherinhd View Post
Well i my self have built stands to high center my rigs so the tires dont touch the ground. You can make them out of almost anything just get the tires off the ground and i like to let my shocks fully extend instead of being compressed all the time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by forbid89 View Post
Agreed, buy or build a stand to keep your tires off the ground. Also on the subject of venting, it helps the tires conform to the rocks. I have two 1/8" holes drilled in my wheels. They are tapped so I can plug them if I want to run in water.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jus View Post
No. You're going to get flat spots as long as you've got weight sitting on the tires for any length of time. Get the weight off = no flat spots.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie-III View Post
+1.

This goes for ANY type of tire. This includes automotive/truck 1:1, slot car foamies, 12th/10th pan car foamies, crawlers, etc.......

Find SOMETHING to unload the tires, or (bad for some reasons) store the rig upside down or on it's side.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rambuller84 View Post
I high center my axles on some 3" square with the open end up and down.

Quote:
Originally Posted by cjjeepman View Post
How about just taking them off the truck while you store it ,Toss them in the box with the truck Lying down of course .also just hand tighten you wheel nuts on so you dont loose them .That would be the most logical thing to do .

Vent Holes in your tires will do NOTHING to help flat-spotting....and will actually help to give you WORSE flatspots in your tires !

Venting tires works to get a better contact patch on your tires...(better squish)...but the only way to keep them from flat spotting is to get the weight off of them.

It doesn't matter if you have to store your RC in a box....just use something placed underneath the axles....to get the wheels and tires up off of the ground.

So....I agree with everyone who said that !

I also agree with this:

Quote:
Originally Posted by C*H*U*D View Post
Don't let it sit so long....get out there and drive it!

AND THIS:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Apparently smart phones are only as smart as their users.

Last edited by BiG_DaWgZ; 07-04-2011 at 11:18 PM.
BiG_DaWgZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-05-2011, 07:30 AM   #22
Jus
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Makron View Post
I would do that, but I dont think I have the tools for the job. I will be looking to aquire some soon when I replace my tires and foams. I will be going from Hammers to sedonas w/ Crawler Innovations DD, because I need more clearance aswell.
You must have one of those little multi socket tools with a 7mm socket on it. didn't the truck come with it? That's all you need to take the tires off the truck like someone suggested.
Jus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2011, 07:35 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Did we really just reach page two of a discussion of how to set your Crawler on top of something!. How much space does one not have, that placing your rig on something to elevate it becomes an issue. And as for not having the right tools, what going to happen when you break, your rigs going in the box and its not coming back out, flat spot problem solved.
day215 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 04:10 AM   #24

OK. I finally got around to making some space, and finding tools to take the wheels off, now I dont have any problems. Now I have to find a replacement servo arm. Thanks for all the help.
Makron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2011, 09:30 PM   #25
RCC Addict

cant believe i just read both pages...... i want all 7 minutes of my life back
kaneohecrawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2011, 07:48 PM   #26
Rock Stacker

I don't think this nonsense has gone on long enough. I get real bad flat spots in my iroks. So i take off the body, flip the truck onto the body mount posts, and rest the body on top. So I guess we all do it differently and have had a good waste of time talking about it....
RCram is offline   Reply With Quote