Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tires and Wheels

Notices

Thread: Tire/Foam recommendations needed. Mounting issues.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-08-2020, 12:07 PM   #1
Jer
Rock Crawler

Default Tire/Foam recommendations needed. Mounting issues.

I'm just getting back into crawlers after nearly 10 years. I have a brand new SCX10 2 Honcho. I bought a three piece internal beadlock steelie set and I'm having difficulty mounting the Pro-Line flat irons I have. The inner ring of the steel wheel seems too small for the inner lip of the tire. They are both 1.9 in size. I've mounted tires on RC4wd wagon wheels before and they were difficult but manageable. Is it an issue with the flat iron tires? Would another tire work better? Thanks for any help in advance.
Jer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 04-08-2020, 12:21 PM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Tire/Foam recommendations needed. Mounting issues.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
I'm just getting back into crawlers after nearly 10 years. I have a brand new SCX10 2 Honcho. I bought a three piece internal beadlock steelie set and I'm having difficulty mounting the Pro-Line flat irons I have. The inner ring of the steel wheel seems too small for the inner lip of the tire. They are both 1.9 in size. I've mounted tires on RC4wd wagon wheels before and they were difficult but manageable. Is it an issue with the flat iron tires? Would another tire work better? Thanks for any help in advance.
I have not tried this combination and can't speak from experience. However, I have heard many people say or complain about the Pro-Line beads working better with the Pro-Line branded wheels and not so well with others.
Flamnpede1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2020, 12:27 PM   #3
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jer View Post
I am running Proline tires on Rc4wd steelies.... I am also using their Proline inserts. Much easier to mount up!

https://store.rc4wd.com/19-Proline-T...gs_p_2878.html

Last edited by lonleycreeper; 04-08-2020 at 12:29 PM.
lonleycreeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 12:36 PM   #4
RCC Addict

Internal beadlocks can be a pain, especially with the thick bead of Proline tires. Its even worse if you're using the ginormous foams that come stock with their tires. You might be able to get it done simply by using a couple longer screws to start off, then switching to the shorter ones once you have the bead seated. If you do not have screws long enough, an extra set of hands might be what you need. One to squeeze the wheel halves while the other screws them down. Trimming the inner edge of the foams a little bit is another trick that might be helpful.
Col_Sanders is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2020, 01:42 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Wd40 on the beads or some kind of lube. Don’t put them together dry. You will be cursing for days.
djr01974 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tire/Foam recommendations needed. Mounting issues. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Tire Foam Recommendations for Gen 8 hotrod6107 Redcat Crawlers 20 05-12-2020 07:48 PM
Tire and Foam recommendations for HEAVY TRX-4 Defender Rig marketability Tires and Wheels 2 11-26-2019 08:23 AM
2.2 TSL XL Foam Recommendations 864runner Tires and Wheels 9 04-16-2016 07:41 AM
foam recommendations... hatefulboy Axial Wraith 2 08-07-2013 06:02 PM
foam recommendations YYCADM Tires and Wheels 0 09-02-2011 09:10 PM