Notices

Thread: What hex drivers you using?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-30-2021, 03:10 PM   #201
Rock Crawler

Default Re: What hex drivers you using?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MOguy View Post
I got this slick setup that says Savox. It stores then bits in the handle. BUT just like their servos they work great at first but then they start to suck.

It won't hold the bits tight anymore and the "lid" that keeps the other bits in is loose, turns and the bits fall out.
My mother in law got me the Reef’s one for my last birthday. I wanted it to toss in my lipo bag when I go to the local track just in case I need to fix something. So far it’s served it’s purpose just fine, but the tips do not have anywhere near the precision fit as much Vanquish hex drivers. Not that I was expecting that, but they’ll do okay for occasional use.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-31-2021, 07:51 AM   #202
Quarry Creeper

I would caution throwing tools, especially (relatively) sharp ones like hex drivers, into your lipo bag. Keep lipos separate from anything else (other than other lipos).
Kingmeow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2021, 11:13 AM   #203
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kingmeow View Post
I would caution throwing tools, especially (relatively) sharp ones like hex drivers, into your lipo bag. Keep lipos separate from anything else (other than other lipos).
The bits all store in the handle and the handle stores in a case so no worries. Nonetheless, good advice.
King Dork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2022, 09:24 AM   #204
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by King Dork View Post
My mother in law got me the Reef’s one for my last birthday. I wanted it to toss in my lipo bag when I go to the local track just in case I need to fix something. So far it’s served it’s purpose just fine, but the tips do not have anywhere near the precision fit as much Vanquish hex drivers. Not that I was expecting that, but they’ll do okay for occasional use.
It is convenient.
MOguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 05:48 PM   #205
Pebble Pounder

Wera mostly ... good value

Last edited by JimrC; 02-09-2024 at 08:53 AM.
JimrC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2024, 11:35 PM   #206
I wanna be Dave

I have tried a few brands (Wiha, bondhus sp?, etc) and I just dont like screwdriver style handled drivers. I'm not sure where I bought the blank hex keys, but I just made my own mini T-handle set in the 3 most used sizes. Brazed about 6" of the blank into a piece of steel for the handle. Tip goes dull, hit it with a grinding wheel. Bought a few blank ball tips too. Iirc i bought the keys at McMaster carr

Last edited by Gula; 02-08-2024 at 11:37 PM.
Gula is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2024, 06:58 AM   #207

I'm using MIP Gen 1, ProTek, Bondhus, Wiha, Wera and even Turnigy. I stick mainly to MIP though. As stated below, if I had to do it all over again I am not sure I would have paid the money for those. They only offer a very short hex tip so you can't really cut or grind the shaft for a fresh tip (that's what she said). You also can't replace the shafts in MIP handles like you can in ProTek and even cheapo Turnigy.

I have to laugh at MIP. They are hyping up their Gen 2 with size etching in the tool rather than heat shrink labels. About freaking time. They're just playing catch up there. Also, they keep bragging about the new nut drivers trading nickel for black oxide. That's a downgrade most likely in the name of cost savings and profits. Black oxide is nothing at all to brag about. It barely offers any corrosion resistance. If you want tools that rust, buy black oxide!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gula View Post
I have tried a few brands (Wiha, bondhus sp?, etc) and I just dont like screwdriver style handled drivers. I'm not sure where I bought the blank hex keys, but I just made my own mini T-handle set in the 3 most used sizes. Brazed about 6" of the blank into a piece of steel for the handle. Tip goes dull, hit it with a grinding wheel. Bought a few blank ball tips too. Iirc i bought the keys at McMaster carr
Got any photos of that? T-handles on small Allen wrenches is dangerous. You have all that extra leverage to strip out a screw head. I like the screwdriver versions myself. Some have hex shanks and others have replaceable tips. The well-loved and much-hyped MIPs do not have any of these features.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote

What hex drivers you using? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Hex Drivers? Bananaclip Tools, and Procedures 16 11-06-2008 07:40 PM
I need hex drivers BADNBADN Tools, and Procedures 6 06-20-2005 08:25 PM