Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler General Tech > Tools, and Procedures

Notices

Thread: unexpected uses for tools (and techniques) Share Yours!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-10-2021, 02:40 AM   #61
Rock Stacker

Default Re: unexpected uses for tools (and techniques) Share Yours!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BashNSlash View Post
I use a chop stick to help remove and test bearings Both ends are different sizes, so it works for almost any size of standard rc bearing.

Great thread! I have used a round conical stick of a paintbrush for that same purpose.

Discovered recently that you can pull out bearings that are stuck harder with common brass anchors available at hardware store. Hold one end with pliers, turn in the bolt and the expanding part grips the bearing inner surface. M6 anchor worked for me to get out a 10x15v4 bearing from an aluminium part for example. If anchor is too small might be able to wrap some tape around, cut slots into tape and expand that, or cut a section off from a tube, cut a slot in there and slide that sleeve over the anchor expanding part. If too big then could cut material off with a lathe or spinning it in a drill chuck and using a file. Can`t believe I have not thought of that before.
Growler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links

unexpected uses for tools (and techniques) Share Yours! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unexpected power loss bbos12 Axial Yeti XL 17 12-23-2016 07:40 PM
Project Wraith in an Unexpected location eunique Scale Videos! 0 10-08-2014 11:24 AM
What is something unexpected you have found while crawling or scouting a spot? Jslick Chit Chat 53 08-16-2011 02:51 PM
Unexpected and frequent stall rooktakesqueen Team Losi Comp Crawler 2 05-21-2010 06:54 PM