Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas Crawlers

Notices

Thread: Anyone ever run parallel batteries for weight and runtime?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2018, 08:05 PM   #1

Default Anyone ever run parallel batteries for weight and runtime?

I have been considering moving the battery forward in my TRX4 Defender and keeping the stock tray also. I found the harness for running 2 batteries in parallel so that would essentially keep the same voltage with double the capacity and would move weight forward with the second being over the front axle. I know that it would be a little high for side hill stability but I am looking for runtime flexibility with lighting and winching once I add them in soon. I have had much better luck with the way it runs with 3s LiPo and just upgraded the steering servo. The ESC is the next upgrade before any other add on gets installed. I appreciate any thoughts anyone could share.
freakinjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-29-2018, 09:14 AM   #2
Rock Stacker

Default Re: Anyone ever run parallel batteries for weight and runtime?

Quote:
Originally Posted by freakinjeeper View Post
I have been considering moving the battery forward in my TRX4 Defender and keeping the stock tray also. I found the harness for running 2 batteries in parallel so that would essentially keep the same voltage with double the capacity and would move weight forward with the second being over the front axle. I know that it would be a little high for side hill stability but I am looking for runtime flexibility with lighting and winching once I add them in soon. I have had much better luck with the way it runs with 3s LiPo and just upgraded the steering servo. The ESC is the next upgrade before any other add on gets installed. I appreciate any thoughts anyone could share.
I am considering the same (I have not yet bought my TRX4 but I'm hoping to before the year is out.)

I have spotted a mod on fleabay that takes all the electronics and puts them in the centre of the rig (removing the battery tray so they are lower) and then places the batteries on the side skids which is about as low as it looks like they can go! however your length is limited and the weight is more central than forward like the bronco battery tray
niro750 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2018, 11:36 AM   #3

Default Re: Anyone ever run parallel batteries for weight and runtime?

I was looking at something similar to that also, but my concern is more with runtime and performance both. I am at the point that I think even just putting a bit of weight up in the front would make more than enough difference at the moment, plus a little brass down low on the portals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
freakinjeeper is offline   Reply With Quote

Anyone ever run parallel batteries for weight and runtime? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Running Two Batteries in Parallel? FeralWolf Axial SCX-10 22 01-09-2014 06:34 PM
Parallel Batteries? micro racer Electronics 2 07-25-2013 12:47 AM
Batteries in parallel adamargue Electronics 16 10-07-2010 10:09 AM
Runtime on what batteries? BigBaller Losi Micro-Rock Crawler 9 12-02-2009 07:07 PM
Charging batteries in parallel gunch Newbie General 10 11-14-2009 10:50 PM