Notices

Thread: Ninja Maxx (build thread)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-28-2007, 07:45 AM   #21
Rock Stacker

when I posted
Quote:
So post me a link to your truck and I'll go tell you how to build yours
I was being sarcastic. People were quick to tell me how to do it instead of compliment me for what I have done.

I know links are pretty straight forward as far as building them, but positioning will either make or break the truck. Too much for me to tackle right now.

And yes Dez, I know about the sticky, I have read it several times and followed all the links. It has alot of good info in it. I used this link (Tech) How to lock an Emaxx trans into 1st gear to lock my trans, this link when I busted 3 sets of stock axles in a week http://www2.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin...&I=LXHFY3&P=ML , and plan to do this one soon CHEAP, MUST HAVE steering upgrade....Check it... I already have the revo driveshafts in the rear, but front needs them too. And I read that the revo knuckles give you a tighter steering too.
Ninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-28-2007, 07:53 AM   #22
Colt Python/SR9c

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ninja View Post
like the electrician that posted "with a wiring mess like that, I wouldn't be telling anyone to post up their build thread to show them how to build it " How many crawlers have you built where the wiring length and position was the first priority?
It was not my priority, but I think my builds out alot before I even start building. Wiring is the last thing I do, so the wires and all get cut to size as I go. That way you do not have to go back and redo everything twice. There are a handful of guys in this thread with a ton of knowledge and know what they are talking about. But when you come on with an attitude, you won't get much help. Take your 645 steering for instance, it wasn't strong enough because you were still using the bellcrank system and it was robbing the torque. Also, if you actually used the revo knuckles, you would get even more steering than what you have now.
TwistedCreations is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 08:16 AM   #23
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
Take your 645 steering for instance, it wasn't strong enough because you were still using the bellcrank system and it was robbing the torque.
It never hit me that the bellcranks were stealing torque throught the leverage untill I just read this. But obviously they are, same as the lack of torque in the back.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedCreations
Also, if you actually used the revo knuckles, you would get even more steering than what you have now.
Yeah, I thought I had read that somewhere. Cant wait to get them.
Old 05-28-2007, 10:03 AM   #24
I wanna be Dave

Are you in Hamilton or Hamblen County??
Kamikaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2007, 11:56 AM   #25
Rock Stacker

Hamilton County. Between I-75 and I-24
Old 05-30-2007, 07:30 AM   #26
Rock Stacker

Nice rig
Rune is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:45 AM   #27
Rock Crawler

i don't think thats quite a suitable way to get respect round here and for your information i don't acually own a rig but i would if i could and the entire time i have been here i have been reading up on crawlers and i must say i've learnt alot and the most important thing is not trying to be mr big because you will be torn down into nothing! believe me it's happened before.
theshimonator is offline   Reply With Quote