LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-24-2017, 06:39 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Ebbet's TRX4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ambis View Post
Since when has 1210SG been a HV servo??
Not really sure, Ambis.

So after removing the spare tire rack I was able to get her back out on the trails. Not surprisingly, it performed much better on inclines and on sidehills. Huge improvement! It's a little bittersweet, though. I like the improvement, but I also kind of like the look of the spare, jack and gas cans. I'll have to figure out how to incorporate all those back somehow. I got my eyes on that rotopak set by Proline. Those, the gas cans and jack are easily put back on since they are relatively light weight. The rack and spare tire are hogs, though.

I already painted the rear lights. I think I might paint the small lower front lights orange, as well.

Just saw Traxxas has the clear body set now available...that opens up a world of possibilities.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk
ebbet is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-09-2017, 09:20 PM   #22
Quarry Creeper

It's been a while since I last updated this. Got a few new things done, most importantly being installing the MFR brass portal covers. Fit and finish is awesome and they help to provide a little extra weight down low.

I also went with some different wheels. These are the GMade steel wheels. They are pretty heavy so it provides even more weight down low. The combination of the brass portals, GMade steel wheels and removal of the rear rack has made a huge difference in performance.

I also added a Gear Keeper "winch". I removed the plastic winch and routed the Gear Keeper line through the fairlead on the bumper.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk
Old 09-10-2017, 10:53 AM   #23
Pebble Pounder

Default Ebbet's TRX4

Dont know how I missed this thread. Ebbet, how did you paint the taillights? I have leds in mine and was wondering if your method would either help or hinder they way they already look. Thank you sir!

Also, where did you score the yakima sticker? Nice touch! I've been wanting to get a Thule one for mine.

Last edited by CR4NK; 09-10-2017 at 11:01 AM.
CR4NK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2017, 12:51 PM   #24
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CR4NK View Post
Dont know how I missed this thread. Ebbet, how did you paint the taillights? I have leds in mine and was wondering if your method would either help or hinder they way they already look. Thank you sir!

Also, where did you score the yakima sticker? Nice touch! I've been wanting to get a Thule one for mine.
You gotta take apart the light housings and paint the inside of the light lens. I used Tamiya Clear Red and Tamiya Clear Orange to paint the lenses.

Tamiya Acrylic Mini X-26 Clear Orange 1/3 oz | TowerHobbies.com

Tamiya Acrylic Mini X-27 Clear Red 1/3 oz | TowerHobbies.com

I've used this same paint in my TF2's, and most recently in my SCX10II truggy build, and used LED lighting and it works perfectly.

For the Yakima sticker, I got this from rpphobby.com.

Yakima Decal

And, yes, they also have a Thule sticker.

THULE Decal
Old 09-10-2017, 12:56 PM   #25
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by ebbet View Post
You gotta take apart the light housings and paint the inside of the light lens. I used Tamiya Clear Red and Tamiya Clear Orange to paint the lenses.

Tamiya Acrylic Mini X-26 Clear Orange 1/3 oz | TowerHobbies.com

Tamiya Acrylic Mini X-27 Clear Red 1/3 oz | TowerHobbies.com

I've used this same paint in my TF2's, and most recently in my SCX10II truggy build, and used LED lighting and it works perfectly.

For the Yakima sticker, I got this from rpphobby.com.

Yakima Decal

And, yes, they also have a Thule sticker.

THULE Decal

Thanks ebbet! I wasn't sure if it had to be a clear or somehow a really light coat of regular paint. I assumed clear but I hate to ASSume lol.

On the stickers, I didnt even know they were offered. I figured for sure I would have to have it custom made. Thank you for the heads-up that. Diggin the stickers and their placement on your trx.
CR4NK is offline   Reply With Quote

Ebbet's TRX4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
TRX4 Mods chipgibbs Traxxas TRX-4 83 05-01-2019 08:44 PM
Unimog TRX4 Parkflyer Traxxas Crawlers 13 11-06-2018 08:10 AM
Matt's TRX4 marinearmeni Traxxas TRX-4 1 06-21-2017 09:38 PM
TRX4 with 1.55"'s?? skybolt Traxxas TRX-4 24 06-02-2017 05:09 AM
Thoughts on TRX4? trascall10 Traxxas TRX-4 1 05-02-2017 04:12 AM