Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: The best free mod I probably could make to my TRX4

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-02-2017, 06:23 PM   #21
Rock Crawler

Default Re: The best free mod I probably could make to my TRX4

Cheers guys for the responses!

I personally don't get the puritanical stance for a toy truck either especially considering scale 1:1 trucks do impressive lines and climbs all the time which the toy Defender couldn't do as it is weighted wrong stock (a real defender doesn't have giant wheels like the toy version nor does it lack weight in the front).

I've just add some weight hidden behind the bumper which no one can easily see without me pointing it out and it crawls great. No where did I post that I wanted it to scale mountains like a billy goat or go up vertical climbs. I just didn't want the thing constantly rolling over backwards, sideways or every which way. It's the only truck that I own that liked to flip WAY before it runs out of mechanical grip and this tendency does not match the hype. Now it's fantastic! Who would have thought something so simple would turn a scaler into a great crawler. It's a little heavier but simply more capable.

I'm happy now.

To anyone that thinks I've 'tainted' or 'bastardised' the purity of my toy scaler truck...just my humble suggestion but you need to talk to someone caring to share your pain...make sure you do it in the safe (colour matched for soothing) confines of a registered professional's office that will be understanding to your 'needs' and not on public forum where guys like me just don't understand. It's honestly for the best.

I personally can't wait to see what guys do with this truck. I'd love to see a caged U4 machine with the locking portals and adjustable drag so it's the first proper U4 machine with 2 speed that handles at speed with an open front/locked rear and still crawls great. That I'd love to see!
CoolRunning is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-02-2017, 08:21 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CoolRunning View Post
Cheers guys for the responses!

I personally don't get the puritanical stance for a toy truck either especially considering scale 1:1 trucks do impressive lines and climbs all the time which the toy Defender couldn't do as it is weighted wrong stock (a real defender doesn't have giant wheels like the toy version nor does it lack weight in the front).

I've just add some weight hidden behind the bumper which no one can easily see without me pointing it out and it crawls great. No where did I post that I wanted it to scale mountains like a billy goat or go up vertical climbs. I just didn't want the thing constantly rolling over backwards, sideways or every which way. It's the only truck that I own that liked to flip WAY before it runs out of mechanical grip and this tendency does not match the hype. Now it's fantastic! Who would have thought something so simple would turn a scaler into a great crawler. It's a little heavier but simply more capable.

I'm happy now.

To anyone that thinks I've 'tainted' or 'bastardised' the purity of my toy scaler truck...just my humble suggestion but you need to talk to someone caring to share your pain...make sure you do it in the safe (colour matched for soothing) confines of a registered professional's office that will be understanding to your 'needs' and not on public forum where guys like me just don't understand. It's honestly for the best.

I personally can't wait to see what guys do with this truck. I'd love to see a caged U4 machine with the locking portals and adjustable drag so it's the first proper U4 machine with 2 speed that handles at speed with an open front/locked rear and still crawls great. That I'd love to see!
I love this rebel. He modified his truck without written consent from RCC.
Mudflap84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 10:02 AM   #23

I moved the bumpers in, very easy mod, the front tires do rub a tad on full turn.
IWL BCNU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2017, 11:22 AM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Ok guys im intrested in your weighting tricks,please post pictures and videos from mods and climbing performance! Ha ha! If its cheap and performe better why not try it? But i never would buy high end and expensive knuckelweights and beeftubes.
Traildriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 02:24 PM   #25

the honcho lookalike is a heavily modified landrover 90/ the first picture is a heavily modified rangerover classic. Both great off road vehicles , both of which i have owned along with a heavily modified wrangler. I have also owned them all as stock vehicles and they performed great. however the modified vehicles were better off road but not so good on road. So what i am saying is, why not modify your trx4. i dont think anyone expects them to compete with open wheeled crawlers with massive articulation. What is wrong in making your truck as good as it can be.
just a thought from a newbee who has scaled down from the real thing.
MUDDYWILLYuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 05:02 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Apples and oranges bud. There is no comparing a 1/1 to a 1/10th scale rc rig.. Not even close
pyroM!KE is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 06:58 PM   #27
RCC Addict

As long as enjoyed my stock Camel Trophy TRX-4. Yes, Still in stock mode.

Will try to figure out how much weight to my Camel next time
Teng is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2019, 01:36 PM   #28

Mine is still stock too. grey trx defender. well not quite, guess which servo gave out within a few hours. yep steering. couldnt afford trx top dollar one or their 2nd top dollar so bought power hd 25kg at 3rd price of trx,s own and still gives 330 ounces. fitting it this weekend with the trx bec. Back on the dirt soon.
MUDDYWILLYuk is offline   Reply With Quote

The best free mod I probably could make to my TRX4 - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
free mod to get more steering Stan3535 Vaterra Twin Hammers 3 03-29-2017 10:36 AM
how to make honcho bed fenders, for free rebel35747 Axial SCX-10 0 02-16-2012 12:49 AM
free suspension mod rider12693 Axial AX-10 Scorpion 12 10-21-2008 01:53 AM
Battery hold down - Free and easy mod Zardoz Axial AX-10 Scorpion 18 11-19-2007 06:29 PM