Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Traxxas TRX-4

Notices

Thread: sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north..

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-18-2021, 09:52 AM   #501
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north..

Very nice setup - and congratulations on making it to 500 posts on this thread...
durok is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-18-2021, 10:33 AM   #502
Quarry Creeper

Heeyy durok, long time! Thanks for the counter, I didnt realise before you said it =)
I took a bunch of pictures today, I must say I really love how this looks and even better how it is to drive.

The LC is a rough make tho', maybe that's the charm with that one..

Oooh, strike a pose!

I need to figure out a way to secure the LC on the trailer tho'.. Dont want to use zip-ties, but the load need to be secure.
Maybe getting some elastic straps or something..? Any tips?

Head on..
sickpuppy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-18-2021, 02:00 PM   #503
I wanna be Dave

Flat shoelaces would look like vehicle tie-downs...

BTW - I really like the particular shade of yellow you chose - makes the TRX-6 look better than the factory colors.

The wheel color goes well with it, too!
Old 07-18-2021, 02:14 PM   #504
Quarry Creeper

Thanks for the tip, I'll check out some shoelaces then
I kind of both love and hate this color.. When I was at the RC-store buying paint for it I was thinking about a fancy blue color, but then it struck me that that specific color might not look that great painted on the outside, it needed backing and gloss, so I was standing and looking at all the colors, and the night before I was on this website where you can try different colors and stuff on different cars, and the G63 is in their inventory.
So after checking that out for a while and looking at the colors in the store I just tossed all plans away and went for this color, and at that point I didnt even remember that the LC har the same color! That hit me first when I got home and saw the ugly thing on the shelf and I really had some second thoughts..
But hey, I can at least try.
That said, I actually nailed everything I did this time, the masking was spot on, the paint didnt get runs and the exterior pieces was easy to take off.
So yeah, you can believe my relief when I could take a step back and watch the final result, I just love it at this moment! I might hate it in the future, but then I've been playing in photoshop with black flares, so that might be a feature in the future
Old 11-17-2021, 06:06 PM   #505
I wanna be Dave

Great TRX4 thread pup, I just went through it and got a lot of ideas for my Sport.
ScaleLifeNewbie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2022, 02:55 PM   #506
Quarry Creeper

So, things doesnt seem like they want to go my way.. In january I lost my job, partly due to covid and it killing the economy at my workplace and partly because the CEO wanted me to treat my guys in the production like garbage..
Since that day I've been in a dark back-alley, but the last couple weeks I've started to actually look up and forward, so noe lets hope for some change to the good.
One good thing is that today I took my mustard TRX-6 out for a walk, we went crawling on the beach and allthough I didnt take more than two photos, I actually used my phone to get some movie clips that I've stitched together.
Hope you'll take a look!

Old 04-18-2022, 08:12 PM   #507
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by sickpuppy View Post
So, things doesnt seem like they want to go my way.. In january I lost my job, partly due to covid and it killing the economy at my workplace and partly because the CEO wanted me to treat my guys in the production like garbage..
Since that day I've been in a dark back-alley, but the last couple weeks I've started to actually look up and forward, so noe lets hope for some change to the good.
One good thing is that today I took my mustard TRX-6 out for a walk, we went crawling on the beach and allthough I didnt take more than two photos, I actually used my phone to get some movie clips that I've stitched together.
Hope you'll take a look!
Man, that's horrible news... Fingers crossed that you find something better soon!
Old 04-19-2022, 04:57 AM   #508
RCC Addict

X2 with durok. Been a tough couple years for many of us. I know that doesn't help but I hope that things get better for you soon, brother. Great looking rig... Love the color. And that's some beautiful scenery. I need to get back out there too before the heat & humidity takes over. Take care of yourself and thanks for sharing.
high plains drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2022, 01:57 PM   #509
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by durok View Post
Man, that's horrible news... Fingers crossed that you find something better soon!
Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
X2 with durok. Been a tough couple years for many of us. I know that doesn't help but I hope that things get better for you soon, brother. Great looking rig... Love the color. And that's some beautiful scenery. I need to get back out there too before the heat & humidity takes over. Take care of yourself and thanks for sharing.
Thanks for the support guys, yeah it's been a couple months with heavy thinking and digging into the darkness. But a lot of people got it lot worse..

Tomorrow I think I'll at least open the package with a new servo and a cantilever system that has been sitting collecting dust for, at least 18 months now
Regarding cantilever, do any of you know what weight oil to put in those systems? I understand that this may vary, but a pointer to where to start would've been great
Old 05-07-2022, 10:24 AM   #510
Quarry Creeper

Anyone remember the baby blue LC70?
Guess what, I finished(ish) it today!!
I think that needs some documentation, so here we go!

Darn.. Look at it..!

Heading for new adwentures
Old 05-07-2022, 10:32 AM   #511
Quarry Creeper

After a roll and getting a bit insecure I found it best to return home..

Almost on safe ground..

Must say.. This one is a keeper!

I've also done a few other things, but I never got the patiente to take pictures during a project, just after it's finished I'll think of that, hehe..
But I've changed servo on the TRX-6, I've finished up this baby blue body for the Sport, I've started with babysteps to prepare an area for the crawlers in the back yard and I've rerouted and resoldered some of the electronics on the TRX-6.
The soldering and cleaning up the electronics on the TRX-6 is nothing close to finished, but it's a start! I still need to find out how I can(if possible) change the battery cables on the Mamba X. Any of you guys done this? Is it even possible? I think those cables is a bit short, and after soldering them a few times they're not getting any longer and they also get very stiff since the soldering makes it very rigid.. Thats why I want to change mine.
Old 06-06-2022, 01:50 PM   #512
Quarry Creeper

I bought myself a drone!
Got it couple days ago, a tiny thing called DJI Mini 3 PRO.
Had to take it for a little testflight today, so this footage is totally unedited, just added some noise/sound since the drone dont have a mic to record the propellers..
So bare in mind, this is my first flight and I am the one controlling(more or less, haha) both the drone and the TRX-4 sport.
https://youtu.be/ZfovOPPfv14
Old 06-06-2022, 02:20 PM   #513
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I bought myself a drone!
Got it couple days ago, a tiny thing called DJI Mini 3 PRO.
Can't tell you how happy I am to finally see some real-world, unedited, no-color-collection, video from the Mini 3 Pro. Currently have a Mini 2, and been looking to upgrade. Prior to the M3P being released, I was closer to "pulling the trigger" on the Skydio 2+...and since the M3P was released, I've been undecided. While I'll use it for non-RC filming, my primary reason for wanting to upgrade is for tracking/filming RCs...especially boats.

On the side of the S2+, it (supposedly) had MUCH better tracking & obstacle avoidance, thanks to its 6 sensors (3 above & 3 below) providing a 360-degree field-of-view. Also, theS2+ (supposedly) had better person/object tracking from the side (the M3P (supposedly) only excels at tracking from in front, or behind, primarily due to its lack of side-sensing ability).

Moving over to the M3P, has a better (and newer-design) camera. Additionally, the camera sensor is larger, with a larger diameter aperture (although the aperture is fixed, which isn't goodl. I am, however, impressed with the color. What resolution & frame rate are you shooting at, and did you use an ND filter (and, if so, which (ie. ND4, ND8, ND16, etc)?)?

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2022, 03:22 PM   #514
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
Can't tell you how happy I am to finally see some real-world, unedited, no-color-collection, video from the Mini 3 Pro.
I'm glad it was useful for you
I recorded at 2.7K 30fps, scaled it down to 1080 just because that's the default preset in my editor, hehe.. I havent touched a single setting, I just turned it on and started fooling around.

I've read that with third party software you can make the mini 2 track objects and people also, have you tried that? A friend of mine have the mini 2 but he's not that active with it so I dont think he's tried it either..

I was really not planning on getting a drone now, but the tracking, the camera that can tilt 90 degrees to fit tiktok/instagram/everyothersocialmedia, the price and the formfactor on it was what made me order one.
I'm going to try to activate the follow functions on my pickup truck tomorrow if I get time, I think it will do much much better on larger objects.
I'm also going to test out the flat color profile and check if I can download some LUT-files to check that out as well, never tried that before.
Old 06-06-2022, 04:00 PM   #515
RCC Addict

Really cool footage using the drone... I seriously can't imagine trying to control two RC's at one time... especially with one being in the air. Truck with the mustard-yellow body is a real looker but in gulf-blue and with those wheels... looks exceptional. Fwiw I'm envious of your playground there... so scenic and relaxing. Cheers!
Old 06-08-2022, 05:05 AM   #516
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by high plains drifter View Post
Really cool footage using the drone... I seriously can't imagine trying to control two RC's at one time... especially with one being in the air. Truck with the mustard-yellow body is a real looker but in gulf-blue and with those wheels... looks exceptional. Fwiw I'm envious of your playground there... so scenic and relaxing. Cheers!
Thanks, yeah we got some beautiful scenery here.
The drone fly by itself, I just point it around a bit, hehe
This link has nothing with crawlers to do, but I also made a little video of my VW Amarok with the drone.
This has also not been color graded or touched in any other way than that I've sped it up quite a lot some places. Take a look
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KBkMIFCt07Q
Old 06-08-2022, 10:40 AM   #517
RCC Addict

Wow! That's a great video in so many ways. Unreal to me ( yeah I'm old lol) that we have the technology to be able to produce such fantastic footage and in such incredible quality. Really well done. Oh... love the little fish-tail slide too... cool.
Old 06-08-2022, 02:06 PM   #518
Quarry Creeper

Yeah, tech is cool, I love to live in this era
Hehe, the fish-tail slide was planned to be more of a power slide, but I forgot to turn off the ESP, so the electronics stopped the fun before it even began..
Speaking of the quality of the film, take your time to compare it to this new render I did of the same film. It's much better in my opinion, I learned to tweak my video software last night, and now I'm properly pleased with the quality
https://youtu.be/HjflIhYthWk
Old 06-08-2022, 05:12 PM   #519
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah, tech is cool, I love to live in this era
Hehe, the fish-tail slide was planned to be more of a power slide, but I forgot to turn off the ESP, so the electronics stopped the fun before it even began..
Speaking of the quality of the film, take your time to compare it to this new render I did of the same film. It's much better in my opinion, I learned to tweak my video software last night, and now I'm properly pleased with the quality
https://youtu.be/HjflIhYthWk

Pro-level quality imo. I know you say it's easy but just watching it again my only thought was "Would I run over my drone BEFORE or AFTER I ran my truck into the ditch?" haha.

sickpuppys TRX-4's life up north.. - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
For Your TRX-4 Viewing pleasure...Kisun's RC Life ScoJac Scale Videos! 2 08-06-2017 11:58 AM
ultra 4's at superlift orvpark ROLANDROCKSHOP Chit Chat 4 10-15-2012 05:35 PM
HPI Micro RS-4's ridepate Non Crawler RC's 4 02-12-2012 01:17 PM
Underground Crawlers Fastback and FF-4's at Haulover DickyT Videos! 22 08-31-2010 03:58 PM
All the new 2.4's slobin3d Electronics 8 09-07-2009 06:16 AM