Notices

Thread: Ford Bronco .... Yes !

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-22-2018, 07:09 PM   #61
RCC Addict

Default Re: Ford Bronco .... Yes !

Quote:
Originally Posted by joeR6 View Post
That body is awesome! I bought the TRX-4 Defender a couple months ago and kinda wish I waited. I guess the only thing going for the defender is the exocage, spare wheel and scale bits.
I like having the exocage, but I took everything else off mine to lighten the body. I'd switch to a Bronco body immediately except for two things:

1) There isn't a hard bumper made to go with the Bronco, and I'm not sure a generic hard bumper would look good.
2) Portals on a Bronco seems...odd.
fyrstormer is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-23-2018, 02:13 PM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by fyrstormer View Post
I like having the exocage, but I took everything else off mine to lighten the body. I'd switch to a Bronco body immediately except for two things:

1) There isn't a hard bumper made to go with the Bronco, and I'm not sure a generic hard bumper would look good.
2) Portals on a Bronco seems...odd.
As far as that goes, scale portals on anything other than a scale Unimog or Volvo C303, or some other uncommon truck, would be odd. I'm thinking of getting the Bronco, just so I can have a 12.3" wheelbase, RTR TRX-4 platform. The Bronco body looks good, so I would possibly still run with it for awhile, or maybe sell it.
johnnyluv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:21 PM   #63
I wanna be Dave

I saw one of these today, fresh out of the box at a HS. I have to say, it is one of the best looking and detailed body sets that I've ever seen. I'm betting that when those body sets are available separately they will sell like mad.

I owned one of these 2nd gen Broncos for a while, seeing this RC model definitely brought back some old memories. I agree that it's odd to see the portals under this rig but the potential for a great scale rig is already there. Maybe the aftermarket will make a portal eliminator so the axles look more realistic.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 03:59 PM   #64
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
Maybe the aftermarket will make a portal eliminator so the axles look more realistic.
SSD already has a kit to do that.

Front
Rear
Adama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-23-2018, 06:26 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Default Ford Bronco .... Yes !

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I saw one of these today, fresh out of the box at a HS. I have to say, it is one of the best looking and detailed body sets that I've ever seen. I'm betting that when those body sets are available separately they will sell like mad.

I owned one of these 2nd gen Broncos for a while, seeing this RC model definitely brought back some old memories. I agree that it's odd to see the portals under this rig but the potential for a great scale rig is already there. Maybe the aftermarket will make a portal eliminator so the axles look more realistic.

What he said . I agree, I think this is one of the most scale lexan bodies released, not to mention that paint job.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited by ThatJeeper2017; 02-23-2018 at 06:30 PM.
ThatJeeper2017 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2018, 03:16 PM   #66
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnnyluv View Post
As far as that goes, scale portals on anything other than a scale Unimog or Volvo C303, or some other uncommon truck, would be odd. I'm thinking of getting the Bronco, just so I can have a 12.3" wheelbase, RTR TRX-4 platform. The Bronco body looks good, so I would possibly still run with it for awhile, or maybe sell it.
I suspect this was Traxxas' inspiration for the setup of the original TRX-4 Defender: Bolt-on portals - Tibus Offroad -. The Defender in this company's product photo is the spitting-image of the TRX-4 Defender.

Portals certainly look less out-of-place on a Defender than on a Bronco, though I still love the way the TRX-4 Bronco body looks overall.
Old 02-27-2018, 09:42 PM   #67
Rock Stacker

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zippy1 View Post
Oh I will.
This Bronco brought me back, to a younger time. I local guy Dallas had a 79, jacked to the hilt, with 44" Super Swampers. Thing was bitchin' just damn cool. It was Yellow and white. Back in the late 70's and early 80's around these parts, everyone who was anyone had a lifted truck. They looked goofier than shit when they put the skinnies on for winter...
Shure do miss those days. My plan is to mimic Dallas's Bronco, but not yellow and white.
Well I said I would post pics when I got the Bronco. Wife called and told me it arrived today. BUT I'm locked up in the hospital, for who knows how long.
So until I can get back home, will have to live the dream through you guys, and your new TRX BRONCO's. PICTURES help the healing process.
Zippy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2018, 10:49 PM   #68
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Well I said I would post pics when I got the Bronco. Wife called and told me it arrived today. BUT I'm locked up in the hospital, for who knows how long.
So until I can get back home, will have to live the dream through you guys, and your new TRX BRONCO's. PICTURES help the healing process.
Hang in there Todd, we are praying for you!
Marcia and Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-28-2018, 04:16 AM   #69
RCC Addict

Quote:
The best thing about being in the hospital is you can get all the sleep meds you want.

Ford Bronco .... Yes ! - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
1.9 '73 Ford Bronco Mr. Burpsalot 1.9 Scale Rigs 11 10-08-2009 09:39 AM
78 Ford Bronco 666 General Scale Talk 6 09-18-2008 08:40 PM
Ford Bronco zumzum5150 Videos! 1 08-28-2007 08:10 AM
Ford Bronco/ need help! madhatter General Crawlers 5 12-09-2005 09:58 PM