Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: New Vanquish VRD Carbon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-26-2023, 10:10 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Default Re: New Vanquish VRD Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
I was thinking the same thing. I may pull out the overdrive gears in the front portal and put in a standard set.

Funny enough those were my thoughts as well… I have an extra set of o/d portal gears, so I may pull the standards out of the rear.

I may just build it box stock first and see how I like it. The again, my track record would show that driving season is months away and the rig may not last that long…
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-26-2023, 10:20 AM   #42
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Funny enough those were my thoughts as well… I have an extra set of o/d portal gears, so I may pull the standards out of the rear.

I may just build it box stock first and see how I like it. The again, my track record would show that driving season is months away and the rig may not last that long…
Yeah, that would work too. I'm thinking I could pull the standard portal gears out of my Phoenix and put them in the VRD. Then put the OD gears out of the VRD and put them in my Phoenix. I don't use the Twin's OD, so having the OD gears in the front should give it what it needs.

The Twin's OD is way too much for me! I will lock out the Twin OD and pull that mini servo and use it in another build.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 10:49 AM   #43
Quarry Creeper

Great info. I noticed a few new items on their web page as well, but the manual detail is a great find.

I'm also kicking around the idea of knocking back the OD some, but I'll drive it first with the higher OD. I'm looking forward to this in that we are in our prime crawling season now after waiting out a scorcher of a summer. I have the electronics ready to go, as well as foams and tires. I also ordered another set of the brass portal weights.

s
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 10:58 AM   #44
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
I was thinking the same thing. I may pull out the overdrive gears in the front portal and put in a standard set.
Exactly, I think that would leave 21% OD. Certainly don't want to change the those beautifully machined gears in the transfer case
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 07:57 PM   #45
RCC Addict

I think my body choice was decided for me.

Picked this up for $20 on the way home from work

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10-26-2023, 08:19 PM   #46
Rock Crawler

I'll look to pick up a VRD kit myself, but maybe I'll wait a few months to see if there are any flash sales or holiday deals. Like how they did with Phoenix straight and portal builder's kits but this is just wishful thinking lol. I also still need to pick up other rigs I want, like the Utron, SCX10 Pro, even a Trailrunner still ugh.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2023, 08:42 PM   #47
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
I'll look to pick up a VRD kit myself, but maybe I'll wait a few months to see if there are any flash sales or holiday deals. Like how they did with Phoenix straight and portal builder's kits but this is just wishful thinking lol. I also still need to pick up other rigs I want, like the Utron, SCX10 Pro, even a Trailrunner still ugh.

Somehow the list just keeps getting longer…

Old 10-26-2023, 08:49 PM   #48
Go Buckeyes!

Matt @SBG is doing a Live build right now on the Tube. He just finished the front axle and now on the rear axle. The good stuff coming up soon!

@twade - good buy on that Cliffhanger.
Old 10-26-2023, 08:53 PM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Somehow the list just keeps getting longer…

Last edited by Goro Majima; 10-26-2023 at 08:56 PM.
Goro Majima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2023, 01:25 PM   #50
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goro Majima View Post
Good point. Holiday promos may start to roll out soon. Might have to squeeze the wallet a little longer and see what shakes out
Quote:
Matt @SBG is doing a Live build right now on the Tube. He just finished the front axle and now on the rear axle. The good stuff coming up soon!
I watched that briefly to get a peel , but ho-lee talk about watching paint dry...
Old 10-29-2023, 07:47 AM   #51
RCC Addict

Vrd has landed!

Old 10-29-2023, 08:35 AM   #52
Slow is the new Fast

Damn, even that box looks good...

Digging into it?
Old 10-29-2023, 09:15 AM   #53
I wanna be Dave

The more I look at this, the more I want it. Problem is, I'd never use it (at least, as a crawler). Several months ago, I made a decision to get rid of all my crawlers (except for my SCX24). Truth is, I got bored (beyond bored) with crawling. It's just waaaaay to slooooow for me.

So, why would I get this kit? Is anyone can give me some valid reasons for getting this kit, my ears are open. When I got back into RC approx 8 years ago, I started with a Traxxas Rustler 4x4 VXL. Since then, I got into racing (buggy, SCT, on-road) in 1/10, 1/8, and Mini-Z. I've also added speedrunning vehicles (1/10 through 1/7), and boats. If...and, right now, it's still a big "if"...I were to get the VRD, 'what' could/would it be used for besides crawling. Give me some realistic ideas, and I just might buy it.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2023, 10:12 AM   #54
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Damn, even that box looks good...

Digging into it?

I’m telling myself I’ll wait until I have more parts here to finish it… we’ll see how long that lasts

Old 10-29-2023, 10:14 AM   #55
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
Originally Posted by Panther6834 View Post
The more I look at this, the more I want it. Problem is, I'd never use it (at least, as a crawler). Several months ago, I made a decision to get rid of all my crawlers (except for my SCX24). Truth is, I got bored (beyond bored) with crawling. It's just waaaaay to slooooow for me.

So, why would I get this kit? Is anyone can give me some valid reasons for getting this kit, my ears are open. When I got back into RC approx 8 years ago, I started with a Traxxas Rustler 4x4 VXL. Since then, I got into racing (buggy, SCT, on-road) in 1/10, 1/8, and Mini-Z. I've also added speedrunning vehicles (1/10 through 1/7), and boats. If...and, right now, it's still a big "if"...I were to get the VRD, 'what' could/would it be used for besides crawling. Give me some realistic ideas, and I just might buy it.
I sure as shit wouldn't buy this kit to go fast.

Personally, I can't go slow enough. In fact, I am so into going slow that I am thinking about building a crawler deigned to go backwards...
Old 10-29-2023, 10:16 AM   #56
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:
I’m telling myself I’ll wait until I have more parts here to finish it… we’ll see how long that lasts

If you put together the chassis you can test fit that cliffhanger
Old 10-29-2023, 11:32 AM   #57
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
I am so into going slow that I am thinking about building a crawler deigned to go backwards.
So...essentially, a rock crawling fork lift (with a truck body, of course)? As strange as that might sound to some, actually sounds like a interesting idea to me.

~ More peace, love, laughter, & kindness would make the world a MUCH better place
Panther6834 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-30-2023, 06:22 AM   #58
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I watched that briefly to get a peel , but ho-lee talk about watching paint dry...
I know, right! He was an hour late and he was injured, so the live feed was cut short.

Quote:
Vrd has landed!

Nice! Mine has an arrival time sometime this afternoon.

Quote:

I wish you all the luck! I've been telling myself the same, but I know how I am!
Old 10-30-2023, 08:32 AM   #59
RCC Addict

Quote:
I know, right! He was an hour late and he was injured, so the live feed was cut short.

Nice! Mine has an arrival time sometime this afternoon.

I wish you all the luck! I've been telling myself the same, but I know how I am!

I may have opened the box just to take a peek…

Definitely notice how light the trans bag is, and how heavy the front axle bag is.

Old 10-30-2023, 09:24 AM   #60
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I may have opened the box just to take a peek…

Definitely notice how light the trans bag is, and how heavy the front axle bag is.

Whelp, the seal is broken now!

Good to know about the bag weights. That is a good sign!

New Vanquish VRD Carbon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquish wraith link on ar60 axle with vanquish xr10 knuckles? T3rry Axial AX10 2nd-gen 2 04-28-2013 06:11 PM