Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: New Vanquish VRD Carbon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-18-2024, 08:05 PM   #101
Go Buckeyes!

Default Re: New Vanquish VRD Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Got my vrd chassis from twade a few weeks ago, n failed to do a build thread smh. But i got it all built n got the paint done yesterday. It didnt turn out like i planned, but its close. Got it out today n holy crap!, i thinknit may be my new go-to rig. I do need to get a better servo n go through the settings in the esc. But this thing performs soooo friggin good! May have to pick up another one

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
Whoa! Somehow I missed this. Sweet paint job bama. Great to see you have it built and out on the rocks. I'll have to head over to the Tube to check out the vid.

I gotta say, the play area you have at Cherokee Rock Village looks like a ton of fun. And them views!
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-19-2024, 04:23 AM   #102
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by B-MOW71 View Post
Whoa! Somehow I missed this. Sweet paint job bama. Great to see you have it built and out on the rocks. I'll have to head over to the Tube to check out the vid.

I gotta say, the play area you have at Cherokee Rock Village looks like a ton of fun. And them views!
Thanks brian! I love how it performs, it does so much better than my gspeed builds...

We got a comp next weekend, so ill try n get some vids posted up on tubes of you

indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 06:36 AM   #103
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Thanks brian! I love how it performs, it does so much better than my gspeed builds...

We got a comp next weekend, so ill try n get some vids posted up on tubes of you

Good to know. I’m guessing that my GSpeeds are now obsolete!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-19-2024, 10:34 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB1 View Post
Complete. Now I just need to figure out how to post an image.

https://imgur.com/gallery/rHtcvz4
That looks great!
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 04:41 PM   #105
RCC Addict

Quote:
Good to know. I’m guessing that my GSpeeds are now obsolete!

I wouldnt say obsolete, more like less inferior lol. I love my v3 phoenix, its still my go-to, but the vrd, imo, does quite a bit better. I think im goina lighten the phoenix a bit though. I dont used the o/d n dig near as much as i expected, so ill she that weight. Eventually, i may swap to the vfd n lose that much more

indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 04:47 PM   #106

Quote:
Complete. Now I just need to figure out how to post an image.
Imgur is definitely not the most user friendly photo host. For this reason, I made a how-to guide a couple of years ago. See the link below.

Imgur - Embedding and Posting Photos
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 05:46 PM   #107
I wanna be Dave

imgur smokes poles are a bunch of Democrats they blocked my account for uploading pro trump memes even a pic of my cat got reported as unacceptable content lol
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2024, 09:59 PM   #108

Quote:
Originally Posted by ferp420 View Post
imgur smokes poles are a bunch of Democrats they blocked my account for uploading pro trump memes even a pic of my cat got reported as unacceptable content lol
Oh it's definitely a leftist, maybe far-leftist site like most nerd/tech sites.
Old 01-20-2024, 02:49 PM   #109
Quarry Creeper

Another three hours on the trail, and this VRD has me sold. I'm very pleased with it's performance. Money well spent.

s
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 08:13 AM   #110
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Another three hours on the trail, and this VRD has me sold. I'm very pleased with it's performance. Money well spent.

s
Great to hear! Any upcoming videos we should be watching out for?
Old 01-21-2024, 10:13 AM   #111
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Great to hear! Any upcoming videos we should be watching out for?

I think so, but I'm gonna need to figure out an approach. Yesterday I knocked off a nasty little climb with the VRD, and I had planned to head back out today to film, but we have a light rain so it's gonna have to wait. I'll say this much; for a truck with virtually no aftermarket parts ( other than body ), it performs exceedingly well. So well that I'm close to getting a second VRD and making it for all-out performance, but I need another crawler like I need another rock in my boot.

I'll be working on a few short clips for IG and YT, but I think a full series will be a little ways off. The truck itself is excellent, and I have a feeling it will be getting a considerable amount of the trail time for tire testing. I'll have to do a short review showing the setup and weight distribution for the website. I also need to get my partner Kyle to whip up some proper sliders on the computer. We have another joint project bubblin' away, so it may not be for a few more weeks. If the sliders come out nice, we will pop them up on his Shapeways account for others if they want to use the Zuul body.
Old 01-21-2024, 07:24 PM   #112
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
I think so, but I'm gonna need to figure out an approach. Yesterday I knocked off a nasty little climb with the VRD, and I had planned to head back out today to film, but we have a light rain so it's gonna have to wait. I'll say this much; for a truck with virtually no aftermarket parts ( other than body ), it performs exceedingly well. So well that I'm close to getting a second VRD and making it for all-out performance, but I need another crawler like I need another rock in my boot.

I'll be working on a few short clips for IG and YT, but I think a full series will be a little ways off. The truck itself is excellent, and I have a feeling it will be getting a considerable amount of the trail time for tire testing. I'll have to do a short review showing the setup and weight distribution for the website. I also need to get my partner Kyle to whip up some proper sliders on the computer. We have another joint project bubblin' away, so it may not be for a few more weeks. If the sliders come out nice, we will pop them up on his Shapeways account for others if they want to use the Zuul body.
Yeah, just watched the YT vid you posted. Sweet climb! The VRD walked it like nothing. And as I mentioned, that Zuul looks great on there and seeing it up against the red rocks looks even better.

I'll be looking forward to the sliders when you get them worked out. I'll be working on getting my Zuul mounted and painted soon to have another body option for my VRD.
Old 01-21-2024, 08:47 PM   #113
RCC Addict

Quote:
Yeah, just watched the YT vid you posted. Sweet climb! The VRD walked it like nothing. And as I mentioned, that Zuul looks great on there and seeing it up against the red rocks looks even better.

I'll be looking forward to the sliders when you get them worked out. I'll be working on getting my Zuul mounted and painted soon to have another body option for my VRD.

Where do I find that video??

twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-21-2024, 08:54 PM   #114
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Where do I find that video??

Right here: https://youtu.be/C3-dIN0HK1s
Old 01-22-2024, 11:50 AM   #115

Quote:
#rockslikevelcro
Old 01-22-2024, 12:57 PM   #116
Quarry Creeper

Sandstone is excellent to crawl for sure, but it can fool you. Little bits of sand are always peeling off, and when you're trying to go slow and steady, it can be frustrating to have a good hold for a moment, only to have it crumble away from underneath.

This is 10 Rock, one of the most difficult rocks at Badrock Ridge.

https://youtu.be/cV-JoIG4i20?si=3cXU63atsH5gfXPz

Of all the challenging lines we have at Badrock, this was one of the most pleasing to have conquered.
Old 01-22-2024, 01:50 PM   #117

Quote:
Sandstone is excellent to crawl for sure, but it can fool you. Little bits of sand are always peeling off, and when you're trying to go slow and steady, it can be frustrating to have a good hold for a moment, only to have it crumble away from underneath.

This is 10 Rock, one of the most difficult rocks at Badrock Ridge.

https://youtu.be/cV-JoIG4i20?si=3cXU63atsH5gfXPz

Of all the challenging lines we have at Badrock, this was one of the most pleasing to have conquered.
You have crumbling rocks, but on the East Coast we have moss, mud, slime and water.
Old 01-22-2024, 02:06 PM   #118
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
You have crumbling rocks, but on the East Coast we have moss, mud, slime and water.

Yeah, you can keep all of that nonsense. I'm not sure how I would set up a moss crawler...
Old 01-22-2024, 07:04 PM   #119
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
#rockslikevelcro
No doubt!

Quote:
Mud, moss, slick rock. All real world challenges for us over here!

Quote:
Yeah, you can keep all of that nonsense. I'm not sure how I would set up a moss crawler...
Yeah, mossy slimy rocks. Slick as snot! I'd take that tire wearing sandstone anyday!
Old 01-22-2024, 07:15 PM   #120
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
No doubt!

Mud, moss, slick rock. All real world challenges for us over here!

Yeah, mossy slimy rocks. Slick as snot! I'd take that tire wearing sandstone anyday!

For sure. I guess that's why we have so much rock crawling and off-roading in the southwest.! Moab is pretty amazing, as well as other spots. We are spoiled for sure. No state income tax is also pretty nifty.

I plan on sending one of our Element Gatekeeper builds and a Losi worm on down the line, and most likely I'll use that coin for another VRD build. I want to run it head to head with our in-house designed Antero ( the green truck in the vids ). I think the Antero will still have the advantage, but it's gonna be real close. I think Vanquish put out a winner here. The first benchmark for VRD #2 will be 10 Rock trail. If it climbs that, well then I'm gonna need to reflect a bit. One thing is for sure, I don't let all of this beautiful red rock go uncrawled.

s

New Vanquish VRD Carbon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquish wraith link on ar60 axle with vanquish xr10 knuckles? T3rry Axial AX10 2nd-gen 2 04-28-2013 06:11 PM