Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: New Vanquish VRD Carbon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-22-2023, 02:50 PM   #81
Slow is the new Fast

Default Re: New Vanquish VRD Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by twade984 View Post
Definitely feel like you get a little behind the scenes look during the live stream.

I was just telling [mention]Fricker08 [/mention]that I wish vp would make a Capra width f10 portal, and it came up naturally during the live stream. Really hoping they follow through on that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Jim always seems game for machining parts, it's great. He actually made it sound like machining those would be relatively straight forward. I could see it happening if they see a market for it. If there was one indication contrary, it was their mention of wanting to focus more on producing parts for their own product line now that it is expanding

I gotta say they have thoroughly captured my interest.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-21-2023, 06:47 AM   #82

I feel that I should have bought the VRD Carbon instead of the Fordyce. I really want to build one of these and may put it in front of the Pro build...

I have been watching some of the Vanquish livestreams and they definitely seem to have some other kits in the works...
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2023, 09:07 AM   #83
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
I have been watching some of the Vanquish livestreams and they definitely seem to have some other kits in the works...
I have too and agree. There is definitely something coming in the future and they are keeping their lips tight about it. It's funny, looking back at previous vids and kinda reading between the lines as to what they've said, they have had new upcoming things hidden in plain sight and no one noticed.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 09:53 AM   #84
Quarry Creeper

You know, I do have one gripe about this truck, and it's the delayed release of the optional shorter transmission parts specially designed for small outrunners and stubbies. I was literally trimming and fitting the body for my build when I checked VP's website and saw these parts. Already had the Hobbywing Fusion Pro installed, all of the setup and wiring complete, and then this surfaces.

That and the fact I had to sort out the panhard mounting solution, only to have that dropped a week later. While I love me some VP products, that product launch wasn't super great. I would have absolutely purchased those parts along with the kit if they were offered, but now I'm just feeling too lazy to go back and retro-fit the truck for these parts and have an extra Fusion Pro sitting around.

It's a small complaint, but it underscores a lack of coordination / planning on VP's side. Delaying a product launch a few weeks to ensure these options were on the table would have been much more preferred.

Anyhow, it's still and awesome truck and I'm hoping to get mine in paint this week.
SteveB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2024, 10:06 AM   #85
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveB1 View Post
You know, I do have one gripe about this truck, and it's the delayed release of the optional shorter transmission parts specially designed for small outrunners and stubbies. I was literally trimming and fitting the body for my build when I checked VP's website and saw these parts. Already had the Hobbywing Fusion Pro installed, all of the setup and wiring complete, and then this surfaces.

That and the fact I had to sort out the panhard mounting solution, only to have that dropped a week later. While I love me some VP products, that product launch wasn't super great. I would have absolutely purchased those parts along with the kit if they were offered, but now I'm just feeling too lazy to go back and retro-fit the truck for these parts and have an extra Fusion Pro sitting around.

It's a small complaint, but it underscores a lack of coordination / planning on VP's side. Delaying a product launch a few weeks to ensure these options were on the table would have been much more preferred.

Anyhow, it's still and awesome truck and I'm hoping to get mine in paint this week.
I do agree. It would have been nice if at least the stubby VFD conversion kit would have been available at the time of the Carbon kit release. I think it is the most sought after upgrades for the rig.

Luckily for me, my VRD Carbon is taking the slow road to completion, so I'll be waiting to pick up the upgrades after the mad rush to get them is over. Since the weather here in Ohio is now cold and white, my VRD won't be seeing rocks until Spring.
Old 01-01-2024, 04:11 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Got my vrd chassis from twade a few weeks ago, n failed to do a build thread smh. But i got it all built n got the paint done yesterday. It didnt turn out like i planned, but its close. Got it out today n holy crap!, i thinknit may be my new go-to rig. I do need to get a better servo n go through the settings in the esc. But this thing performs soooo friggin good! May have to pick up another one

Heres one of the vids from today n some pics

https://youtube.com/shorts/lbjc-Rft4...3uzxp-d27lAACa

Sent from my SM-A516V using Tapatalk
indybama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 05:49 AM   #87

Has anybody taken the time to weigh the brass axle tubes included in this kit. They are overly thin and barely add any weight at all.

Quote:
Originally Posted by indybama View Post
Got my vrd chassis from twade a few weeks ago, n failed to do a build thread smh. But i got it all built n got the paint done yesterday. It didnt turn out like i planned, but its close. Got it out today n holy crap!, i thinknit may be my new go-to rig. I do need to get a better servo n go through the settings in the esc. But this thing performs soooo friggin good! May have to pick up another one

That paint looks great! Good to hear that you were impressed with the truck.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 06:53 AM   #88
Rock Crawler

After some crawling this weekend with my scx10 pro and zoku Phoenix, I was ready to pull the trigger on a pair of f10 portals to install on one of those rigs. We have a lot of pointy rocks and sharp breakovers and I was spending too much time on my belly and straight axles.

I was in PayPal about to send money for some takeoff stance axles. But decided it was much more sensible to just order the vrd carbon. If the axle seller hadn't separated the steering links off the axle I probably would have gone that route (made me pause for a second to think about it lol), but I was going to be well past the halfway mark on price by the time I was done getting just the axles ready to use.

No set plans yet, but I'm kinda thinking I might sell my scx10 pro as a slider and just build the vrd. I've enjoyed the pro, but I built it with sorca in mind. The comps run in my area don't care about any scale points etc, just class 2 (no rear steer or dig) and a 5" tire height limit. With the fenders, cage, etc on the pro my weight bias is less than ideal for performance, and I don't really want to pull the cage and all (or add a bunch more front weight) to get the performance to comp standards.

Anyway, vrd should be here Saturday and I'll figure out what to do from there.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 07:33 AM   #89
Slow is the new Fast

Quote:

Gorgeous place to crawl, just love the views. Good job on the paint.

Sent from my SM-G990W using Tapatalk
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 08:34 AM   #90
Quarry Creeper

Quote:

very nice Bama ... love the paint scheme and the trail looks awesome to crawl and hike.
Speedy-Triple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 09:12 AM   #91
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by bgredjeep View Post
After some crawling this weekend with my scx10 pro and zoku Phoenix, I was ready to pull the trigger on a pair of f10 portals to install on one of those rigs. We have a lot of pointy rocks and sharp breakovers and I was spending too much time on my belly and straight axles.

I was in PayPal about to send money for some takeoff stance axles. But decided it was much more sensible to just order the vrd carbon. If the axle seller hadn't separated the steering links off the axle I probably would have gone that route (made me pause for a second to think about it lol), but I was going to be well past the halfway mark on price by the time I was done getting just the axles ready to use.

No set plans yet, but I'm kinda thinking I might sell my scx10 pro as a slider and just build the vrd. I've enjoyed the pro, but I built it with sorca in mind. The comps run in my area don't care about any scale points etc, just class 2 (no rear steer or dig) and a 5" tire height limit. With the fenders, cage, etc on the pro my weight bias is less than ideal for performance, and I don't really want to pull the cage and all (or add a bunch more front weight) to get the performance to comp standards.

Anyway, vrd should be here Saturday and I'll figure out what to do from there.

Good move. The carbon kit is a great value imo. Look forward to seeing yours get built

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
twade984 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 10:08 AM   #92
I wanna be Dave

I think this will be my next build. I picked up the kit late last year and it's been waiting for me to finish up my BRX02 build. I've 6 different flat rail chassis now with none of them built LOL! At least with this one, everything I need is mostly there, so it should make it a lot more amenable to starting the build for me.

I've been sucked to the more scale side as of late and haven't really driven a hard liner in a while. The past few years have been pretty busy for me as well, so building output has slowed down a lot. Anyway, I'm hoping to get back on track and start building all the stuff I've accumulated. The VRD looks like the quickest way for me to get into the flat rail game. I've already got most of what I need, but the only thing I need to finish up is the ESC. I started making my own AM32 ESC last year, but I never finished them up.

From what my friend tells me, the VRD was the most capable out of the box right away between all his flat rail rigs (TGH Sherpa, Gspeed v3, v4, NWSD) without having to do much tuning to get it there.
soze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 01:36 PM   #93
Pebble Pounder

I'm popping back into the hobby as a YouTube video was in my feed highlighting the VRD Carbon.

I purchased it along with the HobbyWing Fusion Pro 2300KV. I'm excited to check out this new technology. Should be here today when I get home from work.

Watching the videos it looks like the VRD has superb suspension geometry.

That being said, I never finished my Capra build
Diablo169 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 03:11 PM   #94
RCC Addict

Thanks fellas!!!!!! I like how the paint scheme kinda turned out. The honeycomb didnt show up as well as id liked, but it helped with the fade a bit. Plus, my tape failed in a couple places, but that more so my fault for not triple checkin before painting.

I love going to cherokee rock village, the veiws are awesome n the rocks are perfect to play on. Theyve got tons of grip, til they get wet, then u just as well forget climbin them. We got a comp comin up next weekend, hopefully our weather gets better by then

Old 01-18-2024, 03:30 PM   #95
Quarry Creeper

Complete. Now I just need to figure out how to post an image.

https://imgur.com/gallery/rHtcvz4

Last edited by SteveB1; 01-18-2024 at 03:32 PM.
Old 01-18-2024, 04:58 PM   #96
RCC Addict

Quote:

Thays pretty sick steve! Looks good with the body cut low like that

Old 01-18-2024, 05:20 PM   #97
Quarry Creeper

Many thanks. I'll never be the artist like Smog, but I gave her a little sparkly sheen. I'm quite impressed with the truck, but then again I have yet to be disappointed with a Vanquish product. Most likely this will be my new daily driver for the trail. Super composed and predictable.

The Zuul body fits well, and down the road I'll sort out a proper set of sliders.

Last edited by SteveB1; 01-18-2024 at 05:31 PM.
Old 01-18-2024, 05:41 PM   #98
Rock Crawler

Quote:

Fixed.
bgredjeep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2024, 06:01 PM   #99
Quarry Creeper

Many thanks!

I probably need to make them smaller in size. I'll work on that.

s
Old 01-18-2024, 06:04 PM   #100
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
The Zuul body fits well, and down the road I'll sort out a proper set of sliders.
Man she looks good! Love the look with the Zuul and the low stance looks great!

New Vanquish VRD Carbon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
vanquish wraith link on ar60 axle with vanquish xr10 knuckles? T3rry Axial AX10 2nd-gen 2 04-28-2013 06:11 PM