Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin

Notices

Thread: Jato VRD Carbon

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-04-2024, 11:06 AM   #41

Default Re: Jato VRD Carbon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
If you're not keen on soldering, Reefs has an XT60 adapter with 2 JST plugs on it. That way you can add to the obscenely long power wires on the Fusion.
it is a long wire on the Fusion! I can solder. I'm just lazy and lack patience. Those adapters are tempting though. Would be nice and handy to have around.
JatoTheRipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 03-10-2024, 08:13 PM   #42
Go Buckeyes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Col_Sanders View Post
IIRC they were the same way on my old Pro kit so they've been doing that for a long time. I know the Phoenix kits came that way too. Guess its nice since it keeps people from having to buy a specialized tool.
You're right, my Origin and Pro shocks came with the o-ring packing already installed. It is nice that they install them and a special tool is not needed, but I think a lot of the leaking that people bitch about is from the o-rings not being lubed up enough and then the shaft threads are cutting them.

I've been lucky with all of my S8E shocks so far, but I'll feel even better about them when I can take them out and lube them before the shaft goes in. I may not have worded that correctly!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Wheels installed on the VRD. I think these look much better and this makes more excited about the build. And I love the look of these JConcepts Tusk tires!

You can see the black SLW-style hub in this photo. I do wish this was orange, but after you install a black wheel nut it is hard to see anyway. I guess it is kind of more scale as it hides the wheel nut. But there is nothing scale about this carbon fiber, flat-rail chassis.

I also had the NSDRC 700v2 orange limited edition waiting to be installed.

Servo installed, but without the servo horn. It's a direct power servo and rather than plugging into the balance port they make you solder a lead to the battery connector. That's going to suck as I have not soldered in quite some time.
Wheel and tire combo looks great! Can't wait to see how they look with the painted body.

The NSDRC servo also looks great in there. Lovin' all the orange bits!

I hear ya on the servo power. I now just automatically solder in 2 JST plugs on my ESC wires on all of my builds. One for servo and one for lights.
B-MOW71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-11-2024, 05:54 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by JatoTheRipper View Post
Orange is my new favorite color for sure. Great looking truck! Do you have a build thread and/or body-off shots of that one? I forget the truck and can't find anything on this site.

Thank you!
(days later)

I do not, don't really do build threads much anymore unless it's something fairly unique. I did a small write up when I drove it last year:
Drive Them All!
OSRC is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
build, carbon, carbon fiber, fusion, jato, jatotheripper, kit, pro, vanquish, vrd, vrd carbon

Jato VRD Carbon - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
B-MOW's Vanquish VRD Carbon B-MOW71 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 95 03-18-2024 06:08 PM
New Vanquish VRD Carbon Sniper4370 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 122 02-26-2024 08:48 AM
Vanquish VRD Stance RTR JatoTheRipper Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 28 01-24-2024 06:00 AM
VRD Rod Ends are nice and tight! HumboldtEF General Crawlers 8 01-16-2024 12:24 PM
VRD carbon what length hubs? dmill78 Vanquish Products VS4-10 Origin 3 11-27-2023 06:28 PM