Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vanquish Products

Notices

Thread: Vanquish Products Hurtz Shifter Dig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-03-2009, 02:42 AM   #41
Rock Crawler

How much travel does the servo have to have?
littleskull99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2009, 11:20 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

I was looking at the exploded view that RPP has on their site for this dig, and I have a question. In the view, directly under neath of the rear out drive, there is a dog clutch that has the 3 teeth and it has a hex shape in the inner bore.

Does that part slip over the rear outdrive and "float" in place or does it use set screws?

I'm really liking the design of your dig unit, I just want to be sure on how it works. My homemade dig using OG brusier tranny gears is holding up, but I want to replace it with something that has a better designed housing.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2009, 12:14 PM   #43
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
I was looking at the exploded view that RPP has on their site for this dig, and I have a question. In the view, directly under neath of the rear out drive, there is a dog clutch that has the 3 teeth and it has a hex shape in the inner bore.

Does that part slip over the rear outdrive and "float" in place or does it use set screws?

I'm really liking the design of your dig unit, I just want to be sure on how it works. My homemade dig using OG brusier tranny gears is holding up, but I want to replace it with something that has a better designed housing.
It uses a set screw to hold it from moving front to back, but all the force is taken by the hex
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 03:48 AM   #44

How well will it fit inside an hbz warthog? Will I have to remove tabs and what-not to get it to fit inside?
pellinor61 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2009, 10:44 AM   #45
Rock Crawler

Some action video of shifting would be nice. That way we would know how much servo have to travel and how it fits in various chassises. I have dna dig which is great. But this dig looks way cooler and wanted to know if it will hold up well as the dna dig.
Mudsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:51 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleskull99 View Post
As far as you want to throw it, Matt.
willashcroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 07:48 AM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tanis View Post
It uses a set screw to hold it from moving front to back, but all the force is taken by the hex

perfect! I figured as much, as VP seems to get their designs and engineering right the first time. Looks like I'll be getting one.
BigSki is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 08:21 AM   #48
Rock Crawler

Woo Hoo I ordered two of these and a set of Razors for my Limey last night.

You gotta respect the shinny.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:30 AM   #49
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by pellinor61 View Post
How well will it fit inside an hbz warthog? Will I have to remove tabs and what-not to get it to fit inside?

We do not have a warthog here. But the Incision chassis is only 2" wide from the innner chassis pieces.I dont know if that helps.

Jim
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:31 AM   #50
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by littleskull99 View Post

Well the shifter arm only has to move .775.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:33 AM   #51
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigSki View Post
perfect! I figured as much, as VP seems to get their designs and engineering right the first time. Looks like I'll be getting one.

We appreciate the kind words. We are not perfect, but we do our best to view as many problems as possible. Me and Tom usualy sit down and beat ideas against each others. Make sure the other person can validate his idea.
Old 07-06-2009, 09:45 AM   #52
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Any word yet on drilling the rear output to accept a Maxx yoke and cross pin? I am ready to buy one of these digs, but I want to be absolutely certain it will work with what I already have in the rig. I also like the idea of using a micro servo, what's an ETA for when the micro mount for the dig will be ready?
Nova's Ark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 09:50 AM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
Any word yet on drilling the rear output to accept a Maxx yoke and cross pin? I am ready to buy one of these digs, but I want to be absolutely certain it will work with what I already have in the rig. I also like the idea of using a micro servo, what's an ETA for when the micro mount for the dig will be ready?
I think the major problem with this, from what I have read, is the maxx shafts are 6mm? and this was designed for 5mm. I have not had a chance to order them to confirm this yet though.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:17 AM   #54
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
We are ordering some maxx shafts, to check into accomadating these also, or maybe as a option, since this package is already created.

Jim
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vp Monkey View Post
I think the major problem with this, from what I have read, is the maxx shafts are 6mm? and this was designed for 5mm. I have not had a chance to order them to confirm this yet though.
I thought you already ordered them and were looking into it

Here are the yokes:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=4928x&search=Go
Traxxas Part# 4928X

You will find that the mounting surface for the yokes are not 6mm round. Have you ever owned a T Maxx or E Maxx? Traxxas has two flat spots top and bottom on the output shafts. Traxxas also drills a hole in the outputs. CDW has 6mm outputs because they are strong, a little over sized and require a person to drill the Maxx yoke to fit over the output. You might be surprised how easily a Maxx shaft will work with your dig and it may only require you to drill a hole in the output.

My son and I ran the same maxx shafts for 10 months in our 2.2 comp rigs for the TXRCRCA ETC '08-'09 season. We were not easy on them either. We both were running 3S lipo, 1000KV Holmes Hobbies brushless out runners, all steel gears in the Axial transmission, CDW output, 96 tooth spur, 18 tooth pinion, etc. The Maxx shafts held and have been doing so for years in other crawlers we own. Every once in while you might twist a drive shaft, but they are cheap and easy to replace.

We ran DNA digs last season and they are big, bulky and heavy. My son also snapped a few of the rear outputs on them. I want something strong, lite weight, truly uses a micro servo, and is maxx shaft compatible. Your dig is very close to meeting those requirements. I am not trying to pester you or waste your time. If your dig can work for me, I will buy at least one, probably two and pimp your product every time my son and I comp.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:44 AM   #55
Rock Crawler

Quote:
We will be when we find a minute to get to it. Between releasing a new product like this and 4th of july weekend time ran out very fast on each day. Sorry for the delay to this solution.

Last edited by Vp Monkey; 07-06-2009 at 11:07 AM.
Old 07-06-2009, 04:35 PM   #56
Rock Crawler

If these will be available with a 6mm input and output for the maxx shafts then I will be forced to buy one too.
theslowguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 04:50 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Nova, Traxxas do Maxx yokes for a 5MM output as well. They are used on the tranny outputs of the original T-maxx part no. 4927X. No need to have different shaft made.
Tupers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2009, 05:02 PM   #58
Tire&Foam Extraordinaire

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tupers View Post
Nova, Traxxas do Maxx yokes for a 5MM output as well. They are used on the tranny outputs of the original T-maxx part no. 4927X. No need to have different shaft made.
Quote:

Here are the yokes:
http://www3.towerhobbies.com/cgi-bin/WTI0095P?FVSEARCH=4928x&search=Go
Traxxas Part# 4928X

You will find that the mounting surface for the yokes are not 6mm round. Have you ever owned a T Maxx or E Maxx? Traxxas has two flat spots top and bottom on the output shafts. Traxxas also drills a hole in the outputs. CDW has 6mm outputs because they are strong, a little over sized and require a person to drill the Maxx yoke to fit over the output. You might be surprised how easily a Maxx shaft will work with your dig and it may only require you to drill a hole in the output.

I already know that Tupers. I am not asking specifically for a 6mm shaft although it would be nice. I want VP to drill the output shafts and check to see if they will fit the Maxx yoke I linked to.

The DNA dig had aluminum outputs which were easy to drill through but is sounds like the VP dig is made from better and stronger material. I doubt I can drill through the outputs on the VP dig and with more and more dig options becoming available, why buy one from a company that won't work when another company probably has a new one coming out that will?
Old 07-06-2009, 08:30 PM   #59
Pebble Pounder

Got mine in the mail today. Great craftmanship, now just waiting on a new chassis and a few other parts. Pics soon.
bcbaja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 12:08 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

OMG! I just installed mine in my GC2 chassis and it fits perfectly. Fit and finish is top notch. I did a little testing in the driveway tonight and it shifts like butter. Engages and disengages flawlessly every time. Now I just need to get it on a course for some real testing. BTW I'm using an airtronics 738 servo and it's probably more than I need. Great product!

Last edited by OGmicromonster; 07-07-2009 at 10:28 AM.
OGmicromonster is offline   Reply With Quote