Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Vendors > Vanquish Products

Notices

Thread: Vanquish Products Hurtz Shifter Dig

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-07-2009, 03:57 AM   #61

Is there any sort of instructions so i can get an idea how it all goes together?
Toy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-07-2009, 10:12 AM   #62
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy80 View Post
Is there any sort of instructions so i can get an idea how it all goes together?

Written step by step instructions come in the package, along with part break down, and a assembly view.
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 10:26 AM   #63
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by BENDER View Post
I got my hands on one of these units during the Axial West Coast Championships this weekend. I can't wait to get it installed. Tons of awesome features in a super compact dig unit.
I also got to play with one at AWCC, and really liked the way the shifter worked. It should dramatically improve reliability when shifting
Fishmaxx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 06:25 PM   #64

I have ordered a silver one...They are available yes?

With people talking about servo plates for smaller servo's, VP could just make an adapter to suit the existing one making the best of both.
Toy80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2009, 11:03 PM   #65
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toy80 View Post
I have ordered a silver one...They are available yes?

With people talking about servo plates for smaller servo's, VP could just make an adapter to suit the existing one making the best of both.

Silver is in stock.
Vp Monkey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 12:22 AM   #66
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nova's Ark View Post
I already know that Tupers.

Why must you keep rolling your eyes? Its kind of childish...

Sorry VP for the off topic, but its annoying and seems disrespectful
axman2010 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:22 PM   #67
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmicromonster View Post
OMG! I just installed mine in my GC2 chassis and it fits perfectly. Fit and finish is top notch. I did a little testing in the driveway tonight and it shifts like butter. Engages and disengages flawlessly every time. Now I just need to get it on a course for some real testing. BTW I'm using an airtronics 738 servo and it's probably more than I need. Great product!

Pics please....... I have a GC2 also, but mine doesn't fit.(I had to widen the chassis).

EDIT: moved my rear upper links...now it fits and works great, except I have a slight wobble in the rear driveshaft where it exits dig unit, is my set screw too tight?

Last edited by barbaricboye; 07-09-2009 at 12:26 AM.
barbaricboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 08:47 PM   #68
Quarry Creeper

Got my dig installed in my DNA SSS. Perfect fit and it sits low which is a big plus. So far I love it
HiloDB1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:26 PM   #69
Keep it real

Quote:
Originally Posted by OGmicromonster View Post
OMG! I just installed mine in my GC2 chassis and it fits perfectly. Fit and finish is top notch. I did a little testing in the driveway tonight and it shifts like butter. Engages and disengages flawlessly every time. Now I just need to get it on a course for some real testing. BTW I'm using an airtronics 738 servo and it's probably more than I need. Great product!
Glad you're liking it
Tanis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2009, 11:32 PM   #70
Quarry Creeper

As an FYI for those running HH Cobalt Puller motors. They do not fit with the full size servo mount supplied with the dig unit. I just tried it and the motor hits the servo.
Old 07-09-2009, 01:04 AM   #71
I joined the Band!

if you are having trouble getting this to fit in your setup, please send in a picture, or a couple showing the interference so we can work on fixes.
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2009, 01:50 AM   #72
Quarry Creeper

Tom,

I just sent an email with the pics you asked for. If you need anything else please let me know.

Thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 10:08 AM   #73
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by tanis View Post
glad you're liking it
yes!!

best dig ever!

Now we'll see how it holds up over time.
OGmicromonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:20 PM   #74
Pebble Pounder

Excuse the newb question - but working on my end points for my dig - I am using a 2pos 3rd channel and want to know where I should but my end points too... Seems as if I set the servo to throw the lever all the way forward, and the dogs are not engaged, it takes quite a bit force until the lock into position... should it be fairly easy to turn the drive line by hand to lock in the dogs or should it be really tough to turn them by hand and once locked in, set the end point there? I have it set currently so it is easy enough to turn by hand and lock in... And the same for setting the rwd locked position.... Just don't want to damage the internals or the servo... Let me know if more information is needed.... I am using a JR Z590 servo for my dig...

Thanks!
SS
salmonshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 02:52 PM   #75
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonshark View Post
Excuse the newb question - but working on my end points for my dig - I am using a 2pos 3rd channel and want to know where I should but my end points too... Seems as if I set the servo to throw the lever all the way forward, and the dogs are not engaged, it takes quite a bit force until the lock into position... should it be fairly easy to turn the drive line by hand to lock in the dogs or should it be really tough to turn them by hand and once locked in, set the end point there? I have it set currently so it is easy enough to turn by hand and lock in... And the same for setting the rwd locked position.... Just don't want to damage the internals or the servo... Let me know if more information is needed.... I am using a JR Z590 servo for my dig...

Thanks!
SS
you might be wanting an answer from VP, but I'll try to help.
I have the shifter set so it touches(barely) the dig housing when in 4wd, and rear lock. and obviously floating in the middle when rear freewheel(this doesn't apply to you with a 2 pos 3rd channel)

mine clicks loudly into 4wd and rear lock-takes some force(maybe a 1/4 revolution of tires?)by hand, but when actually driving doesn't seem bad at all. It'll bind for a second til cogs line up(I think).

make sure you're linkage is long enough. or re-center your servo horn if not getting enough "throw".

the internals, as long as your shifter is as far forward(for 4wd) and back(rear lock) as it can go, you will not be messing up the internals.

think I read your post right, if not, hopefully it can help somebody.
barbaricboye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 04:07 PM   #76
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by barbaricboye View Post
you might be wanting an answer from VP, but I'll try to help.
I have the shifter set so it touches(barely) the dig housing when in 4wd, and rear lock. and obviously floating in the middle when rear freewheel(this doesn't apply to you with a 2 pos 3rd channel)

mine clicks loudly into 4wd and rear lock-takes some force(maybe a 1/4 revolution of tires?)by hand, but when actually driving doesn't seem bad at all. It'll bind for a second til cogs line up(I think).

make sure you're linkage is long enough. or re-center your servo horn if not getting enough "throw".

the internals, as long as your shifter is as far forward(for 4wd) and back(rear lock) as it can go, you will not be messing up the internals.

think I read your post right, if not, hopefully it can help somebody.
OK that helps actually... Going forward I can see that the motor will drive it enough to lock the dogs up properly allowing the lever to move the rest of the way forward.

And I would think, that you wouldn't want the back overly tight before the dogs line up because dragging the rear tires may not move it enough to lock up.

I have plenty of room to adjust that is for sure. Just want my end points set so the servo isn't in a constant working state and that the dogs will still engage properly. Being my first dig, I am a little gun shy on that part I guess.

Hopefully VP can chime in with what they think is the best setup as well.

Thanks again!
SS
salmonshark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2009, 05:18 PM   #77
I joined the Band!

sounds like you got the idea, i dont think you can hurt the dig at all, spin the tires and slam in and out of gear.

Quote:
Originally Posted by salmonshark View Post
OK that helps actually... Going forward I can see that the motor will drive it enough to lock the dogs up properly allowing the lever to move the rest of the way forward.

And I would think, that you wouldn't want the back overly tight before the dogs line up because dragging the rear tires may not move it enough to lock up.

I have plenty of room to adjust that is for sure. Just want my end points set so the servo isn't in a constant working state and that the dogs will still engage properly. Being my first dig, I am a little gun shy on that part I guess.

Hopefully VP can chime in with what they think is the best setup as well.

Thanks again!
SS
tom@vp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 12:40 AM   #78
Rock Crawler

Im running this dig setup on my AX-10. Flawless machine work and design, butter smooth shifting, compact and bombproof.
miniwheeler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:06 PM   #79
RCC Addict

The Vanquish dig worked great at today's comp.

can't say that about the driver however.....
Manning is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2009, 07:10 PM   #80
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by tom@vp View Post
sounds like you got the idea, i dont think you can hurt the dig at all, spin the tires and slam in and out of gear.

you know guys i own just about everything VP puts out including the 40 series rims for my super and 2.2 and even the mini but i just got done beating up the new VP dig and i'll tell yous guys this it's awsome no doubt the best one out there. smooth as butter, nice job guys
JOYSTICK is offline   Reply With Quote