Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Ascender

Notices

Thread: Anyone with body fitment issues?

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-20-2014, 07:30 PM   #21
RCC Addict

Default Re: Anyone with body fitment issues?

Yeah it definitely looks like your shock hoops are on wrong now that dextan mentioned it.
Ty@Tekin is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-21-2014, 01:02 AM   #22

True. The shock mounts do look backwards but i believe this to be a printing error. The mount show going on facing forward and on the box and the net the kit confirms this. But the instructions are misleading. I dont think the mounts fit but one wayhttp://www.google.com/search?site=&source=hp&ei=WAhGVJSFH4qjyATxzIGIAQ&q=vaterra+k5+blazer&oq=vate&gs_l=mobile-gws-hp.1.1.41l2j0j0i10l2.6539.7885.0.9495.5.5.0.1.1.0. 1348.2423.0j2j0j2j7-1.5.0....0...1c.1.56.mobile-gws-hp..0.5.1143.3.B5Wij_d3bK0#facrc=_&imgrc=o4ejmgCLgliDzM%253A%3Bundefined%3Bhttp%253A% 252F%252Fcdn6.rccaraction.com%252Fwp-content%252Fuploads%252F2014%252F08%252Fj1-ascender-131.jpg%253Fb480fe%3Bhttp%253A%252F%252Fwww.rccara ction.com%252Fblog%252F2014%252F08%252F07%252Fvate rra-debuts-new-ascender-trail-chassis-with-k5-blazer-body-and-its-a-kit%252F%3B600%3B526

Last edited by jhauf; 10-21-2014 at 01:19 AM.
jhauf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:01 AM   #23
Quarry Creeper

Yeah i noticed all the builds have the shock mounts like yours. Hmmm....
dextan22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 07:49 AM   #24
Suck it up!

Looks like you don't have the skid oriented properly in the frame rails.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 08:37 AM   #25
Sr. Product Developer

Quote:
Originally Posted by dextan22 View Post
here's what i mean:

notice in the manual the body mount hole are on the back side of the shock tower...

while in your pic, it's on the front side of the shock tower....

that's what's messing up your body alignment.

now i am curious how you installed your panhard bar.
His towers are on correct, we switched the design after I already had the views for the instruction manual and missed the switch. The towers can only be installed one way but it does cause some confusion when you look at the images. This will be addressed in a future manual update.
Rich Trujillo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 11:36 AM   #26

Well guys ,I appreciate the help but don't go losing any sleep over this issue. Rich thank you for your input, as it is well appreciated. It appears that you have all the issues nailed down and are addressing them. I will post my build here when my body is done. I am taking my truck to my LHS for display/advertisement this week, then I will paint the body. I have made notes about the issues as I put the truck together and am going to post my build and my findings on my group, "Vaterra K5 Ascender" on facebook. I am only doing this to help promote the truck and help anyone who is new to building these kits. I will also post a link to this site as well. I love this truck, but I don't have a clue as to what I have done. It has to be something simple. I have went over this thing again and again but nothing pops out as being off. I will take some pictures (360 view) with my camera ( not my phone) and post them for one last look at this thing.
(BTW, any of you Ascender owners want to post some pics of your rigs on my site, I would appreciate it.)https://www.facebook.com/groups/1486575354958955/
Old 10-21-2014, 12:37 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by Duuuuuuuude View Post
Looks like you don't have the skid oriented properly in the frame rails.
I figured it out and it was Duuuuuuuude that led me to my findings. The skid plate or what I call the trans mount, was oriented right unless you mean not in the correct position. I was one hole back, which angled the shocks toward the rear, that is how I found the misalignment. Knew it had to be something small. Heres my question though, I already have this thing ready and wired for a battery so if I leave it the way it is with the trans being a hole off and the shocks angled (only slightly), does anyone see issues with leaving it this way. The truck seems to articulate well, no binding that I can see, and I already have the body mounted and positioned correctly. A part of me says run it but the perfectionist in me says start over dummy. All my wires are cut to this precise length for my esc so it would be a crappy deal if I have to unsolder and buy new wire.
Old 10-21-2014, 12:52 PM   #28
Suck it up!

It took me two tries to get mine set up right (short attention span Monday ), so don't feel bad.

It won't run quite right unless you've got it set up properly. Besides the shocks being angled weird, so is the panhard bar.
Duuuuuuuude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2014, 01:13 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Yeah it took me a bit to get mine built as well, had to keep re-checking myself. Now that I decided on a body I'll have to change it all again!
Old 10-21-2014, 02:06 PM   #30

The perfectionist got to me. I had to tear it back down and redo it all over. I couldn't let it go with it being fubbed up like that. So it all looks like it should only thing that was hurt was my pride and four extra holes in my body (maybe Rich can help with that). To my defense in my excitement over such a great truck, I missed that one little thing (LOL). I think it was that the one side of the trans mount is tight in the rail so I overlooked the position for trying to get the mount in. Sorry for the false chase but I appreciate you guys helping me track it down. Its guys like you that make our hobby great. Thanks.
-Josh
Old 10-21-2014, 02:10 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
Yeah it took me a bit to get mine built as well, had to keep re-checking myself. Now that I decided on a body I'll have to change it all again!
Ty I think I posted a question on your build about your 1.5 5 spoke wheels. I want to use a clodbuster body and those same wheels to turn my truck into an old farm truck. Everyday I pass this old maroon truck that this guy has kept since who know when for his farm truck. Its rusted and beat up. I love it. I want to take pics and replicate it. Any idea what the wheel base of a clod is?
Old 10-21-2014, 05:06 PM   #32
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhauf View Post
Ty I think I posted a question on your build about your 1.5 5 spoke wheels. I want to use a clodbuster body and those same wheels to turn my truck into an old farm truck. Everyday I pass this old maroon truck that this guy has kept since who know when for his farm truck. Its rusted and beat up. I love it. I want to take pics and replicate it. Any idea what the wheel base of a clod is?
I think the clod bodies are about 10.8 -11" WB, so the shortest on the Ascender should be perfect. I'll let you know if the 1.5s clear the knuckles or not, I'm hoping they do.
Old 10-21-2014, 05:33 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ty@Tekin View Post
I think the clod bodies are about 10.8 -11" WB, so the shortest on the Ascender should be perfect. I'll let you know if the 1.5s clear the knuckles or not, I'm hoping they do.
Oh man I never thought about knuckle clearance . The clod body looks deceiving in the pics. It looks like a long wheel base like the k5.

Anyone with body fitment issues? - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Aluminum body kit fitment issues aggieljh Paint and Body 1 12-02-2013 04:34 PM
Fitment Issues ka1fornia Tires and Wheels 5 06-04-2013 11:40 AM
Proline cherokee body fitment issues on trail honcho XJrob Axial SCX-10 9 12-31-2012 01:53 PM
Vanquish fitment issues scrotsbiz Axial Wraith 15 11-21-2011 08:36 PM
Body fitment offacup Tamiya XC/CC01 2 04-19-2011 08:55 PM