Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Throttle delay going forward from reverse

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2013, 11:03 AM   #1

Default Throttle delay going forward from reverse

Hi,

Got TH at local hobby shop, as it seems like a good introduction to the RC world. Needless to say I burned out the shift servo within first 5 minutes of use, even though I specifically asked the sales person if there's anything particular I should know about TH.

My biggest gripe with the car is that it has ridiculous delay when switching from reverse to forward.

I've been searching for solution (on these boards and google) and so far there's no definitive answer.

Some people claim it's the stock radio and problem cannot be remedied. Some people claim it's the ESC setting. Which one is it and is there a way to fix it using stock components?

What's a crawler mode in ESC? Again, after hours of searching, there seems to be no explanation anywhere.

Thank you,
BatteryPowered is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-21-2013, 11:30 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Throttle delay going forward from reverse

The manual explains it. Dynamite LiPo Tazer 12T Waterproof Fwd/Rev ESC (DYN4927WP) | Horizon Hobby - Radio Control R/C Planes, RC Airplanes, RC Helis and Helicopters, RC Cars, RC Trucks, RC Truggys, RC Boats, RC Radios, RC Engines, parts, hop-ups, and accessories
Calderwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 01:43 PM   #3
Rock Stacker

From what I found out is the ESC is programmable. There are 3 modes for it...
1. Forward/Brake/Revers
2. Forward/Brake
3. Forward/Revers (Crawler Mode)

If you put it in crawler mode and 4get and start bashing.. if you try to brake and it slams into revers... then you could run the risk of breaking the tranny
ntruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 06:39 PM   #4
Rock Crawler

The stock esc has a long delay in going from forward to reverse as you already know. Now you can switch it to "crawler mode" by reprograming it. I personally don't know how to do this as my electronics only stayed in my TH for the ride home from the hobby shop, you will have to look at your manual to see how its done. Crawler Mode is when you and go from forward to reverse or the other way with no delay. It is as quick as you pull/push the trigger. Now with that being said and me not familiar with the stock esc, the neutral point on the throttle on the radio now may have what the call "drag brake" so when the trigger is rested in the neutral position it will slow down the rig and should hold it on a slight hill. Hope this helps out...
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2013, 08:23 PM   #5
Quarry Creeper

Vaterra Twin Hammers ESC set up Quick Guide - YouTube check out this video it helped me put mine into crawler mode.
riskyjedi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 12:45 PM   #6
Rock Stacker

in crawler mode there is no drag brake.... that's why there are 3 mode to program it to..

1. Forward/Brake/Revers
2. Forward/Brake
3. Forward/Revers (Crawler Mode)

Last edited by ntruder; 05-24-2013 at 08:52 AM.
ntruder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2013, 02:21 PM   #7

I had the same issue... Called HH and they sent me a new ESC. It worked flawlessly for 2 battery packs. Now I'm having the same issue again. Call your hobby store and see if they will help. They may have a direct line to a HH rep. I know I spent at least an hour on the phone before a replacement was shipped.

I understand crawler mode is there, but I like having the brake as I spend a good amount of time just bashing my TH.
tomasw1 is offline   Reply With Quote

Throttle delay going forward from reverse - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Fx-r throttle forward vs. Reverse AARON900RR Axial XR10 4 07-26-2011 10:02 PM
My Goat 3s has reverse delay???? KBrog Electronics 4 04-09-2010 08:38 PM
delay for throttle pontiacfreak Electronics 4 01-08-2010 09:05 AM
Need help getting rid of Reverse delay. TMXONR Electronics 10 07-30-2006 02:35 PM
reverse delay on moped??? redrover Electronics 3 07-03-2006 04:09 PM