Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: Vaugn Gitten Jnr "Brocky" build

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-04-2018, 07:25 PM   #41
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Nedmo's Twin Hammers Brocky build

Bit of progress.

Picked it up from sandblasting this morning and layed down the primer!

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
nedmo is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-06-2018, 10:42 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

Default Re: Nedmo's Twin Hammers Brocky build

And painted!

Old 06-08-2018, 11:50 AM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Vaugn Gitten Jnr "Brocky" build

VERY nice! being a 1:1 drifter i met Vaughn (and the rest of the drift alliance crew) a couple times. SUPER chill guy and very down to earth. well that was 15 years ago before his ford sponsorship so who knows now...
i have a build i'm planning in my head and its inspired by a 1:1 that was inspired by the brocky 1:1 lol
its not TH based but it shares a lot of the same ideas/purpose.
great job on the cage, and your dedication to faithful reproduction in 1:10 is excellent!

one question: do you intend to have 2 radiators?? is the front supposed to be an intercooler?
from what i can see in this article Meet Brocky, Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s Latest Toy - Speedhunters
i think the front cooler is for the oil. (smaller AN fittings but still huge for oil!)
the bottom of that article has a full run-down of all parts, making your life a little easier to copy but you NAILED the seats! and, pretty much everything else too! GREAT JOB!!!

Last edited by Shinchu; 06-08-2018 at 11:55 AM.
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-08-2018, 04:27 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
VERY nice! being a 1:1 drifter i met Vaughn (and the rest of the drift alliance crew) a couple times. SUPER chill guy and very down to earth. well that was 15 years ago before his ford sponsorship so who knows now...
i have a build i'm planning in my head and its inspired by a 1:1 that was inspired by the brocky 1:1 lol
its not TH based but it shares a lot of the same ideas/purpose.
great job on the cage, and your dedication to faithful reproduction in 1:10 is excellent!

one question: do you intend to have 2 radiators?? is the front supposed to be an intercooler?
from what i can see in this article Meet Brocky, Vaughn Gittin Jr.'s Latest Toy - Speedhunters
i think the front cooler is for the oil. (smaller AN fittings but still huge for oil!)
the bottom of that article has a full run-down of all parts, making your life a little easier to copy but you NAILED the seats! and, pretty much everything else too! GREAT JOB!!!
Thanks man. I have tried to replicate as best as I can.

I will be printing a front radiator. With the size of my headlights, I need to wait until everything else is then I will design the radiator to fit what little spacei have in the engine bay.

I got around to mounting panels yesterday. Looking pretty good. Few bits of misalignment but even the 1:1 is not perfect

Old 06-09-2018, 09:14 AM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Ohhhh man that is looking GREAT!!!
how you going to tackle the livery? Imagine you will lay down a base color and go bananas with vynil? My wife just got a cricut and agreed to help my 1:10 decal needs muahaha
Shinchu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-2018, 04:46 PM   #46
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shinchu View Post
Ohhhh man that is looking GREAT!!!
how you going to tackle the livery? Imagine you will lay down a base color and go bananas with vynil? My wife just got a cricut and agreed to help my 1:10 decal needs muahaha
Yep the blue and black will be painted on then I have painstakingly replicated every single decal and "X" and have had them printed by a hobby decal guy. Should receive them next week.

Vaugn Gitten Jnr "Brocky" build - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
"Legacy" a "shannon campbell inspired" TH build Rodamis Vaterra Twin Hammers 25 09-15-2016 09:44 AM
<iframe width="420" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/gYr-dbPEOnE" frameborde boolean21 Scale Videos! 0 10-01-2013 09:39 AM
Jkabee's "total noob" TJ build "this should be fun!" jkabee Axial SCX-10 128 03-24-2013 12:10 PM
Chaotic Crawlers "DEMON" build! aka "Kreacher" Mac10 EnRoute Berg 96 09-26-2010 01:49 PM