Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs Brand Specific Tech > Vaterra Scale Rock Crawlers > Vaterra Twin Hammers

Notices

Thread: New kit, new spur gear...

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-16-2018, 01:57 PM   #1
Quarry Creeper

Default New kit, new spur gear...

So I built a twin hammers for my son this week and it had its maiden voyage last night....seemed pretty good.

However this morning he took it out for a play and managed to strip the spur gear ( running on a 540 3000KV). I think I may have had the pinion not adjusted right as the teeth came off in big chunks.

So went I got home from work I started to try and find a replacement...everywhere in the UK seemed to be out of stock. So I did a quick search on here for 32dp upgrade and it pointed me to the losi which appeared to be like unicorn sperm and a team associated part which of course was out of stock everywhere.

So I went hunting into my little stash of bits and found some larger 48dp spurs, that I could fit albeit without a slipper. Then I remembered that my Dad had a 64T 32dp axial spur gear. So I blasted over there, grabbed it. Found a spare bearing and put it in the hole. It fitted. Then found some slipper pads that fitted out of an old buggy thats no longer in use. Put it all back together with a 12t 32dp pinion gear and powered it up. It worked...result, thgough I current cant cant put the cover on and its a bit of a slug speed wise. So Ive ordered a 56T which should be better and I will now remove the 3000kv and put a 3660 goolrc 3800kv that I wanted to originally but couldnt find a 5mm pinion with 48dp.

So good and bad....
thewildblue77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-16-2018, 05:27 PM   #2
RCC Addict

Default Re: New kit, new spur gear...

my son and i stripped the rtr spur gear on the first day, the result of some big hard landings at full throttle. the slipper was tightened fully down out of the box.
i have install a stock replacement spur gear and backed off the slipper a lot and had no problems since, many hard landings, crashes, big air, 3s power etc.

if you want the stock spur gear to live i recommend backing off the slipper clutch.
Yeti.stealth is offline   Reply With Quote

New kit, new spur gear... - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Which pinion gear works best with RC4WD Steel spur gear? e32lover HPI Wheely King 8 03-10-2013 06:09 PM
Mirror tans on Dingo kit - spur gear cover, etc. DudeWalker Axial SCX-10 5 09-16-2012 08:57 PM
Which spur gear and pinion gear with 35t motor vegas1973 General Crawlers 1 08-19-2012 11:42 AM
Wobbling spur gear....Need alum. gear hub! sickfab HPI Wheely King 26 10-01-2007 02:09 AM