Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: Tomi's Venom Creeper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-23-2009, 01:47 PM   #41
Pebble Pounder

Sweet mod... But I would not really care if the rear unlocked. I would look into a similar setup for the front. Maybe with a 645 and a cable of some kind.?? Don't know.
88_Pathy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-08-2009, 03:42 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Default Broken Shaft Creeper

Just broke the wheel shaft on my new creeper:-(. How long is the wait for replacement parts? Looks like I'm not alone on this problem!

Last edited by SaxtonSlaughter; 02-08-2009 at 03:47 PM.
SaxtonSlaughter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 06:47 PM   #43
Rock Stacker

Call venom cs and they will ship it you. I would tell them to go ahead a send all four because you will just break another one and have to wait again (if you got one overheated one then you probly have all four). I live in utah which is next to where venom is in idaho and it take 3-4 days for the shafts to arrive at my door. Talk to Paul ext. 204. The cs there is pretty good though. Hope this helps.
hoplesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2009, 08:17 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by tomik View Post

Well... Installed the diff lock kit just like the instructions tell with those ridiculously small hardware (really, I didn't have small enough screwdriver for the servoscrew...). I'd say M3 hardware should be the absolute minimum in RC stuff!

Anyway, the kit just didn't work. It could open the diff but no way it could lock it again. And I do have enough lubrication in the plate that controls the locking mechanism.

Tonight I looked at it again and thought the same thing can be done with a servo on the rear axle and with some other small accessories.

So I made a raw (but working) prototype... Installed a Hitec HS-645MG on the rear axle and connected it to the lever that came with the difflock kit .

Here's a blurry video shot with cell phone. You can see it works (I've test driven it too and still works) and there's more than enough power to move the switch :-D.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=S5rj5dWt5ho

What do you guys think?
very nice mod. i wish i would have seen this before i purchased two kits and pretty sure i burnt out two servos trying to get it to do its job. i also spent a couple hours messing with it, now that i have a RC that i can set end points on, this might just work. can you show a few other pictures of how that servo is setup? did you build a plate for it?
username is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #45

hey man I tried to set up a diff locker kinda how you did there, but since I'm a total newb I stripped the gears out of the servo i was using. Do i need to use a servo that can be programmed? I tried a cheap hs-81 micro servo but the throw on the servo arm was too much

got any tips?
kenny420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:16 PM   #46
Rock Stacker

Sounds to me like you need to turn down the EPA (end point adjustments) on you radio for your servo that is running the locker. It makes it so the servo won't move as far which is causeing it to strip out. Thats my thoughts anyway.
hoplesshunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 01:22 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

that is sweet!!! i think i will have to do that...
scubadaveojr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2009, 07:16 PM   #48

thanks I see what my problem is, my crappy radio only has end point adjustment for throttle and steering, the 3rd channel has no adjustments.
kenny420 is offline   Reply With Quote