Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > RCCrawler Brand Specific Tech > Heritage Crawlers > Venom Creeper

Notices

Thread: VCDUD's venom biuld

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-21-2011, 09:30 PM   #201
RCC Addict

yea it does sence with my other order from tower was 130 and that didnt have a charger or my lipos for the crawler.

looks good lazy. im thinking if RM is going to do his idea i might try it two. i know for a fact that my father has some springs that will work for me.

ill be going to the LHS tomorrow and im going to try and get me some traxxas steel yokes. i only need one thou and i know they are like $20 for 4 of them. hey lazy if your ot using thoughts shafts any more do u mind sending them to me. send me a pm and im shure we can work something out .
venomcrawlerdud is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 08-21-2011, 09:32 PM   #202
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by venomcrawlerdud View Post
yea it does sence with my other order from tower was 130 and that didnt have a charger or my lipos for the crawler.

looks good lazy. im thinking if RM is going to do his idea i might try it two. i know for a fact that my father has some springs that will work for me.

ill be going to the LHS tomorrow and im going to try and get me some traxxas steel yokes. i only need one thou and i know they are like $20 for 4 of them. hey lazy if your ot using thoughts shafts any more do u mind sending them to me. send me a pm and im shure we can work something out .
Steel yokes are $20 for 2....a pair.
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:36 PM   #203
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Steel yokes are $20 for 2....a pair.
yikes. all i need is one. im going to make a post in the wanted section and see if any one has just on extra one they would sell.
Old 08-21-2011, 09:49 PM   #204
Rock Crawler

i didnt read your post, i just looked at the picture of the link rmdw.

vcd, if your tight on money, do as i did then and use the creepers driveshaft cvd/yoke. you can see i used it in the picture. its alittle tight to push it on and then install the pin but it got me by for a bit...as for sending them to you, i wont. due to the act that 1 of those shafts are a axial drive shafts and they are weak. and my extras that i have are spares for my creeper as im running 1 integy and 1 traxxas shaft. i got to anxious when shortening the integy driveshaft for when i had dig and cut it to short...
lazynocturnal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2011, 09:54 PM   #205
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by lazynocturnal View Post
i didnt read your post, i just looked at the picture of the link rmdw.

vcd, if your tight on money, do as i did then and use the creepers driveshaft cvd/yoke. you can see i used it in the picture. its alittle tight to push it on and then install the pin but it got me by for a bit...as for sending them to you, i wont. due to the act that 1 of those shafts are a axial drive shafts and they are weak. and my extras that i have are spares for my creeper as im running 1 integy and 1 traxxas shaft. i got to anxious when shortening the integy driveshaft for when i had dig and cut it to short...
okay well thats fine. the only other prob is not expecting to really need those yokes i sold them with the stock driveshafts to some one . dont u hate it when for months on end u dont need that one part and then u sell it and need it about a month later
Old 08-21-2011, 10:02 PM   #206
Rock Crawler

lol. one thing i learned along time ago in rc (when i was younger than you) dont get rid of anything...if you want i can dend you a couple of stock cvds. i can send 1 complete thats on the driveshaft. ah heck, ill just send you the driveshaft to...i wont be needing it...
Old 08-21-2011, 10:05 PM   #207
RCC Addict

Quote:
lol. one thing i learned along time ago in rc (when i was younger than you) dont get rid of anything...if you want i can dend you a couple of stock cvds. i can send 1 complete thats on the driveshaft. ah heck, ill just send you the driveshaft to...i wont be needing it...
if u want to it would be very much appreicted
Old 08-21-2011, 10:06 PM   #208
Rock Crawler

Quote:
if u want to it would be very much appreicted
pm waiting for you!
Old 08-22-2011, 08:24 PM   #209
RCC Addict

well i did some testing today and changed a few things around.

things i changed/am going to:
1. went to butten head screws on the rear shocks to help with the binding issue
2. changed out the pins all around to help with the slop issue
3. trimed the servo wire boot so the suspention would slip under it when needed
4. putting on driveshaft from lazynocturnal

things that im having troubled with:
1. when driving the front suspention does not like to settle when going over a incline were only one tire is getting traction
2. there is still a binding in the rear, im thinking i need to trim some more of the washer on the rear shocks. the buttenhead screw helped but didnt solve

things that are fixed:
1. slop in the axles is gone
2. lazy is sending my his old driveshaft
3. trimed the servo wire boot down

im going to need some help with the suspention issues
Old 08-22-2011, 09:33 PM   #210
Rock Crawler

give us some pictures of when its binding.

i stoped by the post office today after having lunch with a coworker...the parking lot was full, i didnt even step inside. ill get back there tomorrow and get those items sent...
Old 08-22-2011, 09:59 PM   #211
RCC Addict

Quote:
give us some pictures of when its binding.

i stoped by the post office today after having lunch with a coworker...the parking lot was full, i didnt even step inside. ill get back there tomorrow and get those items sent...
okay, also i jave some pics on page 5 but i can put up some more pics tomorrow.
Old 08-23-2011, 06:21 PM   #212
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
well i did some testing today and changed a few things around.

things i changed/am going to:
1. went to butten head screws on the rear shocks to help with the binding issue
2. changed out the pins all around to help with the slop issue
3. trimed the servo wire boot so the suspention would slip under it when needed
4. putting on driveshaft from lazynocturnal

things that im having troubled with:
1. when driving the front suspention does not like to settle when going over a incline were only one tire is getting traction
2. there is still a binding in the rear, im thinking i need to trim some more of the washer on the rear shocks. the buttenhead screw helped but didnt solve

things that are fixed:
1. slop in the axles is gone
2. lazy is sending my his old driveshaft
3. trimed the servo wire boot down

im going to need some help with the suspention issues
Did you install the new driveshaft you made in the rear? If so, it can be causing some binding since it isnt straight.

The settling in the front can probably be solved with new springs...if you still have the reds on it may be too stiff...

This is all really weird cuz it didnt have these issues whaen I had it...but then Im used to the way the XR chassis loads and unloads and Im wondering if that isnt part of what you are experiencing...
rmdesignworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 07:12 PM   #213
Rock Crawler

parts are in the mail. ill be sending you a pm with the tracking number.
Old 08-23-2011, 08:29 PM   #214
RCC Addict

when you got one tire hooked is the skid up against the rock or not?
asw27x is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2011, 10:30 PM   #215
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by rmdesignworks View Post
Did you install the new driveshaft you made in the rear? If so, it can be causing some binding since it isnt straight.

The settling in the front can probably be solved with new springs...if you still have the reds on it may be too stiff...

This is all really weird cuz it didnt have these issues whaen I had it...but then Im used to the way the XR chassis loads and unloads and Im wondering if that isnt part of what you are experiencing...
yes i did install the new driveshaft in the rear. i was thinking of changing the springs also, what weight oil did u put in my shocks? well i havent gotten to drive it much cus my front driveshaft likes to fall off (alot!). so im thinking just more run time when i get the new driveshaft.

Quote:
parts are in the mail. ill be sending you a pm with the tracking number.
got it. theres a pm waiting for u also

Quote:
Originally Posted by asw27x View Post
when you got one tire hooked is the skid up against the rock or not?
not really cus the shocks dont settle very well so. but im going to try swopping out the springs and see what that does.
Old 08-25-2011, 04:54 PM   #216
RCC Addict

okay, so i got the package from lazy today. put some 1/2in shrink rape on the open pin and then used the male traxxas shaft that i had and shes one and working fine

also swapped out the losi red springs for some losi white springs and boy did it make a difference. the truck acks alot better when going up a incline. it still does pick up the front wheel but im thinking know its just because i dont have the weight of the battery on the front axle.
Old 08-25-2011, 07:35 PM   #217
RCC Addict

hey guys, make this video today

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IH7Xblt1o4U

id suggest skiping to around the 7:30 minute make to watch the running part of the video . i'll also have some more running video up soon to
Old 08-25-2011, 07:46 PM   #218
Yashua

COOL TRUCK DALTON, YOUR THOMAS' ADVERTISING AGENCY , TRUCK DOES LOOK A LITTLE STIFF THOUGH, MAYBE SWAP SOME SPRINGS OUT OR SOMETHING, AND YOU WILL LOVE THE LIPO WHEN YA GET IT .
CREEPERBOB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2011, 08:21 PM   #219
Rock Crawler

i heard you mention getting a dig for your rig. i would recomend spending the extra money ang getting the vp hurtz. its the best out there!
Old 08-25-2011, 08:40 PM   #220
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by CREEPERBOB View Post
COOL TRUCK DALTON, YOUR THOMAS' ADVERTISING AGENCY , TRUCK DOES LOOK A LITTLE STIFF THOUGH, MAYBE SWAP SOME SPRINGS OUT OR SOMETHING, AND YOU WILL LOVE THE LIPO WHEN YA GET IT .
sorings are already out and i put the whites on. it still does whats in the video but not as bad. im thinking the lipo on the front will help with it.

Quote:
i heard you mention getting a dig for your rig. i would recomend spending the extra money ang getting the vp hurtz. its the best out there!
yea im looking into tring to get a used one. i like there products but $80 for a dig unit, then a nother $20 or 30 for a good servo. ill be in it $100 to 110 before im done. im hoping to get one used for cheap a little later on after i go lipo

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/venom-creeper/314951-vcduds-venom-biuld.html
Posted By For Type Date
2.2 Venom Sportsman Creeper This thread Refback 10-07-2011 10:58 AM