RCCrawler Forums

RCCrawler Forums (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/)
-   Venom Creeper (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/venom-creeper/)
-   -   Just got a Venom Creeper (my first rc) and have a little bit of issues (http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/venom-creeper/376178-just-got-venom-creeper-my-first-rc-have-little-bit-issues.html)

mgputer 06-23-2012 09:16 AM

Re: Just got a Venom Creeper (my first rc) and have a little bit of issues

I ran a 27t and it was a hair slower then my bros stock honcho maybe because mine weighs like 8lbs and his is like 4lbs lol. But yah if you get a good ESC that will run 3s lipo with a good 35T you will really like the speed and torque. Will have to run a droop set up to keep it low and I think you will like it.

scoggdog13 06-23-2012 05:52 PM

I want to get a all this stuff but i dont want to pay a fortune for it so
1. what esc that can handle a 3s and is low cost should i get ($35-$55 would be nice)
2. what 3s battery should i get that is also low cost ($20-40)
3. does anybody know of a tuber chassis that a manfacturer makes, i would like to know a couple of options, i know that integy makes some ($60 at the most)

winnerone23 06-23-2012 11:24 PM

Esc... Cc sidewinder Sct/Sv2... 2s/3s, auto cutoff... So on.. my personal favorite.. fx-r.. in my creeper, In my scx-10 xj, an one on the way for my moa, that I'm pulling a sidewinder out of.. I just picked my fx-r off the ,for sale, section for 45$... An a integy 35t, nip, for less then 20$... As far as lipo goes.. I run all turnigt nano tech.....20-40$.... I picked up 4 lipo for 41.80 shipped from hob$¥ kin@.... That's 4 lipo! Two 3s an two 2s.... Mise well stick with 3s if ya can find a cc or a fx-r... Keep ur eye out... The fx-r is an easy 60$used esc but doesn't mean you have to pay that.. integy is a great motor! An nano tech all the way... My 0.02...

scoggdog13 06-24-2012 09:22 PM

I was bored and was just sitting here and was looking at my 80s chevy blazer body and was wanting to cut off the back camper part but wanted to put a bed floor in it and was gonna use the top part of the peice i cut off and I was wondering what to use to attach the piece inside there?

http://i1260.photobucket.com/albums/...lazerBody2.jpg

I was also wondering how to make the axial ae-1 esc take a 2s lipo, I found this http://www.advantagehobby.com/131518/DYN4070/ or the http://www.advantagehobby.com/176281/DYN4073/ and i was wondering if they would work to use the 2s or 3s lipo batteries.

scoggdog13 06-25-2012 09:49 PM

I was looking at setups to use with the axial ae-1 esc and that is to use a low voltage cutoff for a lipo and I found a couple low voltage cutoff system
1.DYN4070 Li-Po Voltage Regulator - Dynamite Batteries
2. DYN4073 LiPo Low Voltage Warning Module: 2s, 3S, 4S - Dynamite Cars/Trucks

and I was looking at a 2s lipo battery from hobbyking
HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy nano-tech 6000mah 2S 25~50C Lipo Pack

winnerone23 06-26-2012 12:51 AM

This is how I look at it..ur looking at a 20-25$ voltage cut off, for double the money, YOU can have a cc sidewinder or fxr.. there was a fx-r for 50$ today for sale.. you get the cut off plus option of 2s-3s, drag brake an one of the nicest I have ran, fx-r, ... As far as the battery goes.. I would get, 3, 2000mah batteries for the price.. an yes nano-tec all the way.. think of this.. ur out for the day running ur rig.. you have one big battery.. you have to wait till its done charging to keep running, plus the weight of the thing... If you get 3, 2000mah.. you never have to stop.. if you ever go a diff way or get another rig, that battery is only good for one thing.. a 2000, you could throw in a crawler or rally car or whatever ya want.. I run my 850mah, with a 1000 for back up.. I have up to 5200mah.. it stays right in the rally car.. the rest of my batteries go from my creeper, moa, mrc, an scx-10 xj... Get a fx-r.. or by the voltage regulator an get a fx-r later... I would save the money for a better esc.., you will be happier with a better esc, an save ya money in the long run.. my .02

scoggdog13 06-26-2012 09:23 AM

That is all very true so I decided I will wait till I get enough money for a esc and battery and charger and get the cc sidewinder but I was wondering if this battery would work with the cc sidewinder and the venom modified fireball 50t motor

HobbyKing R/C Hobby Store : Turnigy nano-tech 2650mah 3S 25~50C Lipo Pack

winnerone23 06-27-2012 04:09 AM

Yep... Now with that said..... Laughing on the inside.. mine turned into a fireball! Hahahaha.. like it was yesterday! It wasn't due to anything other then torture tho...

So, what helped ya decide on the cc? There great batteries, don't get the wires too close together when ya solder the new plug on, its a waste of a battery..

scoggdog13 06-27-2012 07:54 AM

I decided on the cc sidewinder because on ebay they are cheaper than the tekin fxr. And thanks for the advice.

winnerone23 06-27-2012 10:35 AM

Is that for a new one or bidding on one? If It's more then 45-55$ its too much.. lol.. did ya check out the for sale section here? I like buying from other crawlers more so then a store or second hand store.. just a thought, ur Welcome.. I have gotten lots of help from the guys around the creeper forum..

scoggdog13 10-03-2012 07:07 PM

Like ive said on here before I want my creeper to be faster so I was thinking of a 27t so I was wondering do I need to change any gears in my axle or transmission so it doesn't burn anything up.

winnerone23 10-03-2012 08:39 PM

Just ur pinion, its the only thing to change.. depends on battery too.. 2s?, 3s?

scoggdog13 10-04-2012 02:57 PM

I use a 7.2v 2400 mah nimh battery

winnerone23 10-04-2012 09:17 PM

Oh.. you want faster... Get some 2s lipo batteries.. or even faster.. 3s! An now we know ur running nimh, it doesn't matter what motor you run, it won't break anything! I run a 45t HH on a 15t pinion an can use my rig for scale trail if I want... I didn't get my scaler to go faster on a 35t HH on a 16t pinion until I put 4s in my scaler... Lipo equals faster... My .02

meatmonkey 10-06-2012 08:50 AM

Do not waste your money on the SV2/SCT esc. They do not last long when powering a brushed motor. I literally smoked three of them in 3 months running mild 35-55 turn motors on 2s with low gearing. While they worked they were ok, but they just don't like brushed motors. I know castle says that they are compatible, but search around and you'll find lots of people having issues with them and brushed motors.

I know that electronics are pricy, but you get what you pay for. I'm saving coin for an FXR for mine.

winnerone23 10-07-2012 11:32 PM

I agree, fx-r all the way! I have 4 of them running in my rigs now.. never a issue...

scoggdog13 10-08-2012 09:24 AM

Thanks for that information. Also what charger do u guys use to charge 3s batteries.

Hi-Intentionz 10-08-2012 09:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoggdog13 (Post 3953813)
Thanks for that information. Also what charger do u guys use to charge 3s batteries.

Any charger rated for 3s or more go to HobbyPartz.com they have a good selection of chargers that fit any budget if ur just starting. But the thunder A6 is pretty good for beginners I always recommend it. Just my .02

scoggdog13 10-08-2012 11:21 AM

Will this Esc and battery work with a 3s Kipp because I'm kinda on a very tight budget.

RC VSC 240A Brushed Speed Control Controller ESC 1/8 1/10 Car Truck Rock Crawler | eBay

Turnigy 2650mAh 3S 20C Lipo Pack (USA Warehouse)

Charlie-III 10-08-2012 12:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by scoggdog13 (Post 3953960)

Not really:

240A Brushed Esc for Cars (Prevent splash )
Power: NIMH battery 4-6 cells (5.4-9.45v).Max 7cells, 9.6V
Input voltage: 6V-8.4V
Current capacity: FORWARD 240A Reverse 160A
Support motor : 8 - 23T (recommended 15T)
BEC output voltage:5V 1A
Size: 26 x 26 x 16mm
Weight: 47g
Supply Current: 2A
Fail-safe: YES
Low voltage Protect: YES

It does not say it has instant reverse or drag brake. Both are really needed in a crawler.

The LVC shuts it down @ 5VDC, too low for a 3S pack, even a 2S pack. I use 3.2VDC/cell as a lower limit. This states it shuts down @ 5VDC.