Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > Virginia

Notices

Thread: New R/C Club in the NRV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-05-2013, 09:49 AM   #1

Default New R/C Club in the NRV

Hey everyone. Im living in Christiansburg area and just moved up here from NC. Looking for some people in the area that are into truck and tractor pulling monster truck racing and crawling. I am trying to get a club going in the area for monster truck racing and pulling and have some scale comp areas and trails for the crawler guys. If anyone is interested look me up on facebook. Coffin's Creative Customs r/c. I have a pulling sled that is NR/CTPA legal and several pulling chassis that will be ready for sale in the next couple of weeks. I am no longer building the tube chassis monster trucks do to the lack of interest in the class. I have already been in contact with some of the local counties parks and rec people and have gotten the ok to use ball fields and stuff for the racing and pulling. If there is any interst being sparked please feel free to email me at nascarcoffin9@yahoo.com or call me at 704-450-2636

On facebook at Coffiin's Creative Customs R/C
Monster Crawler is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-05-2013, 06:21 PM   #2

Default Re: New R/C Club in the NRV

I'm going to be at Virginia Tech starting this fall. I've got an xr-10 and a traxxas summit. Not really scale, but still fun.
cdd123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2013, 04:39 PM   #3
RCC Addict

There's a small group of us from around the NRV that primarily race short course these days, but we still have some scalers to mess around with. There are some pretty good crawler locations in Radford and Bland county and we currently have 3 short course tracks, I think. I'll send you an email also.
jsowens is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2013, 08:15 AM   #4

Sounds good to me. Is there anyone in the area that has a dirt oval? I would glady put one up somewhere if there was interest in sprintcars and late models. @cdd123 When will you be moving to the Va Tech area? I will need someone in the campus area to help promote the club and I would like to get started on everything this spring/early summer. I have a location right here in downtown Pulaski that is great for racing and truck pulls but I would not be able to dig for a track. As far as crawlers I will look to see if there are any spots in town that have potential. I would love to see this hobby take off in the area because since I moved up here I have been so bored not having anyone to race or bash with.
Old 02-28-2013, 02:07 PM   #5

Well I was out and about in town yesterday and found some spots for crawling but nothing spectacular. Lots of big chucks of old concrete and some rocks. There is also the creek that has some nice spots for trail running and few crawling spots. If anyone is interested in getting together in the afternoons im free after 3 on weekends.
Old 03-12-2013, 01:48 PM   #6

Well I have gone by the location for the new r/c club and I must say its pretty rough. But with some help from anyone interested in having a place to rock crawl and do some monster truck racing and truck pulls... This will be a great location. Not too out in the open but not so hidden no body will ever find us. So who is interested in getting together and looking at this great posibility let me know. Im free on weekends after 3.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM   #7

I got alot of trees weeds and just plain junk cleared out of the lot. I am still waiting to see if its just me or other r/c people out there in the area. I am going to need some help with crawler course layout. I have alot of rock and concrete junks to use for a crawler course. As far as the pulling track it is basicly done besides lay down some lines and markers for the distance. Come on guys spring time is here and its time to get outdoors and do some r/c racing and crawling.
Old 06-15-2013, 06:10 AM   #8

is this thread still alive? im from roanoke and would very much so be willing to come check your crawler course out if its finished hasnt been posted in in 2 months? any updates?
JOeCraWley is offline   Reply With Quote

New R/C Club in the NRV - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info signups JRock Competitions 108 02-16-2012 01:43 PM
Team L.E.R.K. presents Club VS. Club 1.9 Scaler Challenge info finishline Competitions 94 02-03-2012 11:08 PM
Club Listings, Find your local club here! freetimecrawler Competitions 0 04-05-2011 04:56 PM