Notices

Thread: virginia

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-05-2007, 10:56 AM   #41
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by madscrambler View Post
Centerville just east of Mannasas.
Got ya, its easily confused when both are close together.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 09-05-2007, 06:02 PM   #42
Quarry Creeper

I just found a place near Fredericksburg. It's the Rappahanock river around 95 and 17. Looks like it would be good for trail riding. Lets get something going. A Sat. would be good maybe a Sun. depending on where it is.
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 06:10 PM   #43
Let me 3D Print that...

A few of us got together on Saturday in Roanoke. A local park has a nice little area the locals call Lil" Moab.

We shot some video from there as well.
Crawling around at Lil' Moab

Here is a pic of the folks that showed up Saturday.
Attached Images

RexRacer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2007, 09:48 PM   #44
Quarry Creeper

Do you have an address for this place they call lil' Moab. I would like to see how far from Richmond VA it is.

Last edited by Scooteracing; 09-11-2007 at 05:26 PM.
Scooteracing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 06:33 AM   #45
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1 Seven View Post
A few of us got together on Saturday in Roanoke. A local park has a nice little area the locals call Lil" Moab.

We shot some video from there as well.
Crawling around at Lil' Moab

Here is a pic of the folks that showed up Saturday.

WHats the name of the park? Im going to be in Roanoke Sept 28-30. Might have to check it out.
Old 09-10-2007, 06:50 AM   #46
Pebble Pounder

If you are looking for a place to post about comps and get togethers, check out http://www.nercrc.com.
scrooloose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:10 AM   #47
Let me 3D Print that...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scooteracing View Post
Do you have an address for these place they call lil' Moab. I would like to see how far from Richmond VA it is.
Here is a link to the location on Google Maps:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=16&iwloc=addr

The name is Walrond Park. It is right off of Interstate 81

Mirage - Hit us up if you are going to be in town. Maybe some folks will want to come out again.
RexRacer19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-10-2007, 09:15 AM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by R1 Seven View Post
Here is a link to the location on Google Maps:
http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...=16&iwloc=addr

The name is Walrond Park. It is right off of Interstate 81

Mirage - Hit us up if you are going to be in town. Maybe some folks will want to come out again.

Wow, thats really, really, really close to where Im going to be.... kinda scarily close actually, LOL. I will have to make some minor mods to my truck and get an OK from the Girlfriend. Its her B-day weekend, so I might not be "allowed" to play that weekend, lol. Regardless, I hope to move there by the end of teh year, so If I can, I will be crawling with you guys all the time.

There is a cool looking hobby shop right near where she lives in Salem. They have a big R/C truck painted on the side of the building, I think there is a Shell station right next to it. I havent gone in, but plan to when I go down again.

If you go to the map you posted and follow 11 south a little ways, youll see preston park, thats basically where I will be.

Last edited by Mirage; 09-10-2007 at 09:26 AM.
Old 09-13-2007, 06:55 PM   #49

Mirage, the shop your referring to is Xtreme 4x4, it is a full size 4x4 shop with a hobby shop inside. It's on Williamson Road in Roanoke.
(At least that sounds like the place your referring to.)

Like R1 Seven said, hit us up and maybe we'll get some crawling in while your in town.
shadowwalking is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2007, 06:57 PM   #50
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by shadowwalking View Post
Mirage, the shop your referring to is Xtreme 4x4, it is a full size 4x4 shop with a hobby shop inside. It's on Williamson Road in Roanoke.
(At least that sounds like the place your referring to.)

Like R1 Seven said, hit us up and maybe we'll get some crawling in while your in town.
I will definately try, I gotta see what the GF says. Like I said its her Bday weekend, but... I can always go down a few weeks later. I will see what she says, I will "Ask" this weekend, then report my eligability

Im not sure if thats the place for sure or not, again, I will have to ask the lady friend the road name.

EDIT: If Williamson Road = RT 11, then I think your right!

Im going by memory here, but I think its close to the corner of 11 and 101, I know I stopped at the gas station there to fill my buddies '06 when we picked her up to go to NC for the Nextel Cup Allstar challenge. Im pretty sure it was a shell station.

Last edited by Mirage; 09-13-2007 at 07:02 PM.
Old 09-13-2007, 07:33 PM   #51
varcor.org

Quote:
Originally Posted by '04 Rubicon View Post
I will have to venture over and check this place out. Sounds like a little bit of everything. PM me if you are going out there anytime soon and maybe we can get a couple others for a GTG.
tell me when you check it out and we get a GTG going... i'm less than 2 hours away down at the beach. sundays work best for me. saturdays are jeep/sami build days for me...
swell searcher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 07:23 PM   #52

Mirage, if there was a Mall across the 4 lane from the station and a WalGreens across Williamson from it then we are talking about the same place.
If so then you are only about 2 miles from the park where we crawl.
Old 09-14-2007, 07:42 PM   #53
RCC Addict

Quote:
Mirage, if there was a Mall across the 4 lane from the station and a WalGreens across Williamson from it then we are talking about the same place.
If so then you are only about 2 miles from the park where we crawl.

Yeah, we are definately talking about the same place. Valley View Mall, right? Hooters is just down the road from the shop?

So whats the shop like, worth stopping in?

I asked her about that weekend, we will see, I think she would be pretty dissapointed since its her bday weekend. But I plan on coming down again either the end of october or beginning of november.
Old 09-15-2007, 12:58 PM   #54

Valley View is up the road a piece, the one across the 4 lane is Crossroads Mall, close enough. lol
I haven't been in there since he added the hobby shop. He used to run with us but I haven't talked to him for a while.
Plenty of crawling left in the year, just shout if your going to be down this way and we'll see what we can put together.
Later
Old 09-16-2007, 05:37 PM   #55
RCC Addict

Quote:
Valley View is up the road a piece, the one across the 4 lane is Crossroads Mall, close enough. lol
I haven't been in there since he added the hobby shop. He used to run with us but I haven't talked to him for a while.
Plenty of crawling left in the year, just shout if your going to be down this way and we'll see what we can put together.
Later

Yeah man, awesome. Hopefully I can find a job in the area in the next few months. I HATE Jersey . I will definately see whats going on crawling wise the next time I go down
Old 09-17-2007, 07:25 AM   #56
RCC Addict

Without reading through the 3 pages here to find out, what all do you guys run? Comp rigs, scale 2.2, scale 1.9, some all, etc...?

I only have scale rigs, both 1.9 and 2.2.

Do you guys have a club website / forum?
Old 09-17-2007, 09:11 PM   #57
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by swell searcher View Post
tell me when you check it out and we get a GTG going... i'm less than 2 hours away down at the beach. sundays work best for me. saturdays are jeep/sami build days for me...
Will do.

Myself and Scooteracing made it down to Pony Pasture yesterday. It was a lot of fun, the river was down and there were lots of rocks. We found a few nice course runs but mostly just drove around wherever looked good. Still need to check out the other spot. Next time we plan to go to either place, we'll let you know. Sundays are best for me too.
'04 Rubicon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2007, 08:00 PM   #58

Mirage, we have several 2.2's (TLT, WK), as well as about 3 high lifts (2 are 1.9 stock, 1 is 2.2)
All are a bit more towards the scale side.
My TLT (the green ford in the vid) is more trail truck than full on rock crawler.
I also have 1 of the High Lifts. (1.9)

We do not have a website as its mainly an informal club, just a handful of people.
Old 09-18-2007, 08:31 PM   #59
RCC Addict

Very nice, looks like a lot of fun. I just need to get some lathe motors for my trucks before I go down there next time. I will bring 2 or 3 trucks. My girlfriend is going to want to spend time with me when I come come down to visit, so I might as well bring another one and have her do some driving as well.
Old 10-11-2007, 07:45 PM   #60
I wanna be Dave

Okay guys. I am going to be In Winchester VA next weekend. I would like to meet up with the folks and do some crawling. Anybody??
Racer4Life is offline   Reply With Quote