Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Regional > Southeast > West Virginia

Notices

Thread: Hurricane Hills Crawler Park

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-16-2011, 07:58 PM   #21
Quarry Creeper

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSafety View Post
Some of you may have seen me talking about building an indoor crawling park here at my house in Hurricane. That will hopefully start this summer but in the mean time i am looking for some help to build a few trails around my property. I have 6 acres, 2 creeks, and lots of woods nearby. I figure the best way to get something going is to have an open day of crawling and get people over to forge some trails. I know of a great spot or five for trail courses. I have a bunch of busted concrete in the creek we can move around for a rock garden. A bridge abutment is nearby for hill climbs also. The good thing about this is i own the land so we can do whatever we want (within reason)

As for the indoor park, If there in interest and i can get help building it (manpower and supplies) I'll dedicate one bay of my garage to creating an indoor rock garden / trials course.

The ultimate goal is to create a local place where we can get together and crawl, have competitions, etc. If you help build or provide supplies you crawl free (other than registering for competitions), other wise it's gonna be donation that will go to improving the courses.

Plenty of parking here and it will be BYOB and i'll have some tools ready.

So once the weather breaks check here for some tentative dates on when we can get together to do this.
When would you want to get together to get a game plan and make a list of things that you will need to build the indoor part of the course? I have a truck so I could pick up some rock if you need me to and I may have some plywood and 2x4's laying around if we need them.
Moparguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-16-2011, 08:09 PM   #22
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparguy View Post
When would you want to get together to get a game plan and make a list of things that you will need to build the indoor part of the course? I have a truck so I could pick up some rock if you need me to and I may have some plywood and 2x4's laying around if we need them.
Well we can meet and start thinking about the outdoor course as soon as next weekend. My wife has to have surgery Thursday so I'll be tied up till sat with her. I have a bank beside the road that would be perfect with about 5 ton of rip rap on. I hate mowing it anyway.

As for the indoor course I still have some cleaning to do in my garage before that can get started.
CaptainSafety is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:15 PM   #23
Pebble Pounder

cody let me know as well, ive got the big trailor if we need to hual some rock or what ever.
jbeane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:22 PM   #24
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbeane View Post
cody let me know as well, ive got the big trailor if we need to hual some rock or what ever.
Cool. As far as I'm concerned as soon as we get cash for the rock we can pile it up on the bank. I'll pitch in 20 bux
Old 01-16-2011, 09:37 PM   #25
RCC Addict

Hmm beane do i know cody??? the same one from backjin the day??
PhantomRS10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2011, 09:42 PM   #26
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by PhantomRS10 View Post
Hmm beane do i know cody??? the same one from backjin the day??
I'm the og Cody. WRX/accord/gto
Old 01-16-2011, 09:45 PM   #27
RCC Addict

I thought so i wasnt sure. im og divine style reed
Old 01-16-2011, 09:50 PM   #28
Pebble Pounder

Damn what's up baby j? I don't know who is who on here. I need to match screen names with real names
Old 01-16-2011, 09:55 PM   #29
RCC Addict

Not alot

Yeah theres a few of us that use to roll in ds back in the day on here
Old 01-17-2011, 09:51 AM   #30
Pebble Pounder

I just called Martin Marietta Stone and got a quote of $25 or so dollars for 6x12 crushed stone per ton. They had a larger size also that is available so we should look into that also. To do a 5 foot by 60 foot run he estimated 14 ton I'll buy the first ton and even tow beane's trailer to get it. Who is up for going this Saturday to get a few tons?
Old 01-17-2011, 10:33 AM   #31
Quarry Creeper

I should be available to help. I can haul some in my truck also if we need it.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:03 AM   #32
Pebble Pounder

G&A Stone in Milton has RipRap (4x6") for $24 a ton with a 25 dollar delivery fee. Personally i think the 4"x6" is to small. I'd rather go with the 6"x12" or larger definitely for the indoor course. Now for the outdoor course a mix of both would probably work.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:04 AM   #33
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moparguy View Post
I should be available to help. I can haul some in my truck also if we need it.
Awesome. Keep an eye on this thread and we will get it planned out.
Old 01-17-2011, 11:32 AM   #34
RCC Addict

You should check out the pics of The Boulder House in the Ohio section. We went up there yesterday and they had a great setup. I understand you may not want the huge boulders, but they really made the comp stuff great. Any descent comp setup will cruise over the smaller stuff. Scalers seemed to have some troubles sidehilling on some of the larger stuff, but I saw a few of the scalers cralwing the large stuff without a lot of problems.
killswitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2011, 11:49 AM   #35
Pebble Pounder

I'm cool with some big stuff in there also. you all just have to help me move it lol. Now keep in mind that we only have one bay of a garage so about 10x20 to work with
Old 01-17-2011, 04:12 PM   #36
Pebble Pounder

we need to get atleast 1-2 loads of big stuff, over 12'' 18-20 if posible

then a couple loads of the 12" stuff.

the small rip rap 6'' stuff is good for filler.

since we cant get/move/handle the 25 ton bolders like this week end, the key for the elevation is to use some cinderblocks and other structures to build it up first then put the rock on it.

need to check out some bigger peices of flat rock for some good climbs to go along with the rock climbs
Old 01-17-2011, 04:14 PM   #37
Pebble Pounder

i plan on getting a couple trailor loads of the 6-12 inch stuff and some more big stuff for mine this spring. just gota wait till the yard dries up enuff to back the trailor in.
Old 01-17-2011, 04:17 PM   #38
Pebble Pounder

Ok. Sounds good Beane. Martin Marietta had the big stuff available. I'll still buy the first load anything after that up to you guys to help with.

I've got a kibitz with a bucket to handle this stuff so we are good there. What time y'all wanna do this sat?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:42 PM   #39
Pebble Pounder

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainSafety View Post
Ok. Sounds good Beane. Martin Marietta had the big stuff available. I'll still buy the first load anything after that up to you guys to help with.

I've got a kibitz with a bucket to handle this stuff so we are good there. What time y'all wanna do this sat?

i know shamblin or who ever it is on rt 35, or now 817 has some big stuff. theres a big pile of about 30-40 of em laying out there.

as for prices, did you call any of the shamblins?
Old 01-17-2011, 04:47 PM   #40
Quarry Creeper

Is Martin Marietta Stone the one at St. Albans? If so you might want to see if they are open on Saturday. I think they are closed on Saturday at that location right now until summer. The Dunbar location should be open until 12:00 but it is farther to go get it.