Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.5 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Project 1.5 2DR JK: Banana-Hammock

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-24-2014, 12:30 AM   #1
I wanna be Dave

Default Project 1.5 2DR JK: Banana-Hammock

I've had this body since they started showing up. I had two and ended up keeping the yellow one of the two bc most seemed to be doing the Red ones, and I have never had a yellow rig.

Nickname: Banana-Hammock.

The body has been played around with a bit since I've gotten it and just never had the roller to get her going. I was seriously considering getting the new GCM skeleton kit.

I got some K44s on a Gelande chassis that was set up with a very short wb of 10" For a tamiya bronco. For the life of me I could not get that short wb to work. I must have tried 4 different directions with the CmS and panhard/steering and I was really frustrated, to the point it was minutes from getting parted out. In fact I could kinda see why the previous builder lost steam on the ole bronco project. It was just off, binding, hitting Yada Yada, no room for motor and servo...let alone servos.

Then it hit me....F the bronco, pulled out my little jeep body and started at it. It took about another 1" of stretch to look right then the rest came together beautifully.

The front has the servo slapped right up against the motor for a super tight fit with enough room to do a servo winch. I'm happy. I must have messed with the bronco front end for over 4 hours. Then the Jk cam together oh so easily....it was meant to be.

Anyway here are some start pics. First as the bronco. The with 1.7s...then ultimately with the new MoTo 1.5 SLW wheel. Nice btw.

She sits a wee bit high but I will worry more about that when things get closer to being fully loaded.

Will prob go a hair wider on the hubs...

Last edited by Desert Rc; 02-24-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-24-2014, 12:50 AM   #2
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Project 1.5 2DR JK: Banana-Hammock

Wb-11"

Some light...

Last edited by Desert Rc; 02-24-2014 at 01:31 AM.
Old 02-24-2014, 11:14 AM   #3
Rock Crawler

Sweet . Love the chassis . Got a question did the skid get moved closer to the front by one hole for the shorter wheel based bronco ? I am currently shortening my gelande2 chassis for a land cruiser build but im thinking I will have some drive line angles to deal with . I chose the yellow jk body as well but I cut mine up a bit lol and built a scx10 chassis for mine
Rodamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2014, 06:20 PM   #4
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by UPSrat View Post
looking good. I really like the second set of wheels. they really look good on it.
Thanks, I def recommend them they are quality
Old 02-25-2014, 06:25 PM   #5
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodamis View Post
Sweet . Love the chassis . Got a question did the skid get moved closer to the front by one hole for the shorter wheel based bronco ? I am currently shortening my gelande2 chassis for a land cruiser build but im thinking I will have some drive line angles to deal with . I chose the yellow jk body as well but I cut mine up a bit lol and built a scx10 chassis for mine
Mine may still get a little surgery itself. You know to be honest the previous owner had the skid in that position....I dunno if it's been moved bc I haven't ever built the Gelande yet. There's a side shot of the chassis maybe you can tell comparing it to yours. My front is stretched a wee bit longer than the rear. I do know that. It worked out perfect though. I would like to get softer leafs for the rear soon. It's stiff.

Project 1.5 2DR JK: Banana-Hammock - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2dr Jk Colorofkris 1.9 Scale Rigs 46 01-17-2014 02:49 PM
EZ-JK-2DR-SCX10 - Project "K.I.S.S. J.K." monkeyracer Axial SCX-10 29 04-24-2013 09:44 PM
my 2dr geo tracker calikrawler 1.9 Scale Rigs 17 10-26-2009 03:12 AM
I'm A Banana joehein Chit Chat 3 01-29-2007 06:34 PM