Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 1991 Isuzu Pick-up

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-26-2009, 07:13 PM   #41
Rock Crawler

Excellent! It reminds me a lot of the first brand new truck I bought. '86 Nissan Hardbody reg cab 4x4. It too was red (underneath all the mud). Can't wait to see it painted.
karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-26-2009, 07:51 PM   #42
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by karlos View Post
Can't wait to see it painted.
ha i can't wait to see it covered in mud.

thanks guys for all the comments. one note i will be limiting the flex with fueline bumpstops to prevent tire rub. if it still had narrow rims and little smaller tires it would tuck now....oh well
looneybin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2009, 08:12 PM   #43
Rock Crawler

this little thing turning out sweet!!!!!
4x4mtb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 04:43 PM   #44
RCC Addict

well got some paint on the cab. i need to get some thin lexan to make the windows, and then i have to detail it to heck and back. it will be semi weathered. the paint is ok but the paint on the real truck was far from good anyway. got a bumper i like finnally. need to get some gas so i can braze it all up. pics

Old 02-27-2009, 06:03 PM   #45
Pebble Pounder

wow you do some really clean work, i love the bumper! i looks good!!
84bluetoyota is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-27-2009, 07:09 PM   #46
RCC Addict

bumper is CAed until tommorrow when i can braze it up
Old 02-27-2009, 10:48 PM   #47
Quarry Creeper

awesome project

now i really want to cut up one of my mu's
seven.two is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 09:34 AM   #48
RCC Addict

alrighty than i started final assembly. got the running chassis complete, painted and weathered. i need to sleeve the rear links, finnish making bumper brackets, and of course finnish the body work. this truck is going to have some minor weathering, not nearly to the extent of my yota but in similar fashion. got my mud thrashers, and upon initial inspection......imagine what the tires would feel like if they where made of american cheese:eek:............they are insanely soft. now i need to pick up some stiffer foams from someone befor i glu them. they ought to stick like crazy to the rocks. ok as for the shocks im running the stif springs all around. the rear is still too soft due to the angle of the shocks but the front is a little too stiff. i have the soft springs and in the front they are just too soft. i need like a medium spring. should be up and running by tonight. i have to get some velsro through to get everything all mounted up. can't wait till the augusta scale comp. oh well on to the pics.

holy **** that was a crap-ton of photos. hope you guys likey.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:46 AM   #49
RCC Addict

Haha, your hands look like mine when I paint.:-P This thing is bad-ass. Keep it up.

Justin
bigdodge88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:30 AM   #50
Oppan Gangnam Style

Damn son! That's some great work! Can't wait to see more of this build, I always liked that body style.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 10:56 AM   #51
pdm
Pebble Pounder

Wow! That reminds me of my old Trooper II.

You should leave the bed primer... gives it character.
pdm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:11 PM   #52
Rock Crawler

Kickass!
AeroSynch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 01:12 PM   #53
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneybin View Post
holy **** that was a crap-ton of photos. hope you guys likey.
Heck yes I like! The paint looks great, stance, wheels & tires, bumper... Excellent work so far!
karlos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2009, 04:20 PM   #54
RCC Addict

lol i've spent my share of time getting paint off my watch before. ok i am hung up on something anyone know how i can sand in the body lines? i have a sanding block its just really hard to get them straight and consistant. i got some test time on it with and mostly without the body. i really like how it performs. tires were unglued, with stock foams, and i kinda like them. the bite well and the folding over part really only effects turning under pressure. they never spun the rims, or ever popped the outer bead but seemed to let the inside bead go a lot. i am very happy with them. in the mud they don't do to bad as long as you have some wheelspeed. they are super sticky and grip well in many conditions. just got to get some stiffer foams. this truck is a middle weight truck not super heavy but with steel and that 8-cell nimh i thought it was an all around decent test. more to come once the truck is finnished and tires are refoamed and glued:banana: enjoy and thanks for the kind words.
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3001...04845099pFRKEu
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3048...04845099CbBwlW
carnage!!!
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3076...04845099UySczw
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3090...04845099UIwIJl
http://rides.webshots.com/video/3009...04845099JlmNqd
Old 03-03-2009, 08:54 PM   #55
RCC Addict

i put a smaller spring inside of the stiff spring in the rear and its a little better. still got to limit it to knok off the tire rub though. front is gonna stay and hopfully it will loosen up a bit. well i finally got to the creative part....weathering. im going to post up some pics tommorrow of the technique but i already faded to paint 15yrs and added a few "character" dents. this is turning out sweet in my eyes but i suppose i'm a little partial to the build. got the bed near finnished, few more prime and sand cycles and it will get painted. once i get some velcro i will get some real vid without the tape holding the body down.
Old 03-03-2009, 09:43 PM   #56
Pebble Pounder

really kool build man

one of my favs on here for sure
rollinlow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 03:03 AM   #57
Oppan Gangnam Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by looneybin View Post
ok i am hung up on something anyone know how i can sand in the body lines? i have a sanding block its just really hard to get them straight and consistant.

I am guessing that you are talking about the two body lines near the bottom? How thick is the styrene? You could cut them out and back it with another piece of styrene, use some putty to fill it in if the groove is too deep.
chino63 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 06:34 PM   #58
RCC Addict

well i got some work done. ran out of grey primer yea thats right i used a whole damn can on this thing. got the bed very close to done, little more filler and sanding and i'll get it painted and weathered. got a antenna in the works, along with front cowl with wipers. i went ahead and painted the grille, added the grille insert and then lost a corner light?:thinking: i will add an isuzu emblem somehow and fill in where the corner marker was, wires and all. it got some character dents as you can see. got the front bumper mounted, and can now get it smooth enough for paint. i also got the body mounted up with velcro. it is a royal PITA to remove. i have to reduce the amount of velcro more cause it is impossible to just pull off like i was hoping. i need to make headlight lenses, windshield and rear window, vent windows, do all the detail painting, finnish rear bumper, make rock sliders cause the body won't last long without them, finnish drop bed and toolbox. i also have to get some tire glue. once the tires got dirty they lost some of there stickyness on the rims, now they fall off like 12 seconds. :rant: let me know what you think, thanks

Old 03-04-2009, 11:23 PM   #59
Rock Crawler

that thing looks sweeet!!!
luis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2009, 11:28 PM   #60
Quarry Creeper

awsome work on this rig
guamcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote