Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: 2011 Class 2 TJ Truggy lowrider

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-21-2010, 05:37 PM   #41
RCC Addict

Did I miss something for c2 on the 50% tire coverage? I stopped looking in the rules section for a bit as chit chat kept getting deleted So if there is NO 50% rule then I can keep my honcho truggy 1.9 there BTW, as usual NICE rig
fvrr is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-22-2010, 11:20 AM   #42
I wanna be Dave

I like it......Nice build.
Mayhem Eng. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2010, 07:24 PM   #43
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by fvrr View Post
Did I miss something for c2 on the 50% tire coverage? I stopped looking in the rules section for a bit as chit chat kept getting deleted So if there is NO 50% rule then I can keep my honcho truggy 1.9 there BTW, as usual NICE rig
I think you're thinking of C1 where there will be a tire coverage rule since the rigs in that class will be more like a street class type rig A honcho would fit in nicely in C2.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mayhem Eng. View Post
I like it......Nice build.
I like the wheels too I got two care packages yesterday. First was my scx yokes needed for the short wheelbase. Second was my custom offset trail shooters Dan did for me (awesome job on them!):

1/4" more offset each side. I wanted to bring the wheels in some more since they were a little too wide for my liking before. Yes, lose some sidehill stability, but gain some points in the scale look

Bringing the wheels in meant having to use some high clearance knuckles. So I robbed Pink of her VP knuckles and put them on the Jeep.

Just need to adjust drag and steering link lengths a bit, but at least it's a runner now. Now I just need to get some new knuckles for Pink
ecoli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 10:36 AM   #44
RCC Addict

The new stance looks awesome Chris, good call on swapping out the rims. Now get out there and practice your off camber driving.

I still owe you $10 .
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 03:00 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Wow, guess I need to pay better attention to the build threadsBuild looks great,I like the changes and adaptations you made. I used the Junfac drivelines for mellow yellow turned rotten red...They sell them in several different lengths and just found the ones I needed for the shorter front drivelines.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 04:11 PM   #46
I wanna be Dave

Looks fantasic ecoli, it's got a great stance.
Stormin2u is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2010, 09:07 PM   #47
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester666 View Post
The new stance looks awesome Chris, good call on swapping out the rims. Now get out there and practice your off camber driving.

I still owe you $10 .
Pfff. I have your shocks and this body, so I owe you that frame still Justin. Don't sweat it bud!

It's supposed to warm up for the weekend, but with having 9 people over for the holidays, might be a little while before I get her out for her first test run.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hotwheels000 View Post
Wow, guess I need to pay better attention to the build threadsBuild looks great,I like the changes and adaptations you made. I used the Junfac drivelines for mellow yellow turned rotten red...They sell them in several different lengths and just found the ones I needed for the shorter front drivelines.
I was wondering when you'd see this Devlin Thanks again for the measurements you passed on. Made it a much simpler process.

Great tip on the Junfac drivelines. I was really wondering how the hell you made the steel drivelines work on Rotten Red. Hmm, let's see, it was mellow yellow, then rotten red. Maybe I should call this one groovy green

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stormin2u View Post
Looks fantasic ecoli, it's got a great stance.
Thanks. I give credit to Lance (madscrambler) for that. Most of his builds have that low stance.

So got it to the P.O. today (had to pick up my scale nats DVD ). Weighs in at just over 7.5 pounds. So not a heavy weight or a lightweight. I think I can work with it
Old 12-23-2010, 09:54 PM   #48
I wanna be Dave

GROOVY GREEN

I just weighed Red, 5lbs 4 oz. RTR with a full tank of gas (battery).

Did you use solid stock ?
Old 12-24-2010, 12:14 AM   #49
Quarry Creeper

nice, i dont know which i like better your tj low-rider or this
scale-bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 07:51 AM   #50
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scale-bronco View Post
nice, i dont know which i like better your tj low-rider or this
Thanks. I like the way this has turned out, a few more "advancements" over the 2.2.

Quote:
GROOVY GREEN

I just weighed Red, 5lbs 4 oz. RTR with a full tank of gas (battery).

Did you use solid stock ?
Groovy Green it is!

Geez, that's a big weight difference. It's all brakeline. I think it's a few little things. I know you went lighter weight on the cage. This one runs a full size winch servo with mount, 1/4" ss links, and the wheels also have some heft. I'm also running a 3s 1800mah battery.

Still, it weighs more than pink which has all the above except for the winch servo (but more tubework). Oh well, I'll look for weight savings later on if needed!
Old 12-24-2010, 10:03 AM   #51
I wanna be Dave

I like the lower stance, custom offset wheels, and the color's not bad either. Nice work Chris!
bmuzz1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2010, 12:28 PM   #52
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by ecoli View Post
Thanks. I like the way this has turned out, a few more "advancements" over the 2.2.

Groovy Green it is!

Geez, that's a big weight difference. It's all brakeline. I think it's a few little things. I know you went lighter weight on the cage. This one runs a full size winch servo with mount, 1/4" ss links, and the wheels also have some heft. I'm also running a 3s 1800mah battery.

Still, it weighs more than pink which has all the above except for the winch servo (but more tubework). Oh well, I'll look for weight savings later on if needed!
Well there it is,Red has a 3r winch,lightened cage and frame rails, only 4oz of wieght in the wheels and a 850mh gas tank

On a side note,I thought you might be interested to know.I checked on some heat treating...not bad in price, 135.00(minimium price point charge) and she(top sectret code word) should be strong as heck. Not even sure she needs it with all the cross bracing, but it is a good safety net to not destroy a piece of art
Old 12-24-2010, 06:49 PM   #53
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmuzz1 View Post
I like the lower stance, custom offset wheels, and the color's not bad either. Nice work Chris!
Thanks

Quote:
Well there it is,Red has a 3r winch,lightened cage and frame rails, only 4oz of wieght in the wheels and a 850mh gas tank

On a side note,I thought you might be interested to know.I checked on some heat treating...not bad in price, 135.00(minimium price point charge) and she(top sectret code word) should be strong as heck. Not even sure she needs it with all the cross bracing, but it is a good safety net to not destroy a piece of art
Realized I made a mistake, it's only a 1300mah battery, but still, heavier than the 850 one. All the little things add up to a couple more pounds of weight apparently

Good to know on the heat treating. I'm interested if you go that route how much stronger it'll make her. Glad to hear it won't get destroyed in the first few runs though
Old 01-01-2011, 03:56 PM   #54
Quarry Creeper

whats the wheel base on this rig, looks bad a$$
Erik R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2011, 07:21 PM   #55
I wanna be Dave

Thanks. Wheelbase is about 10.5". Should make for a good breakover angle and tighter turning. Climbs might be an issue!
Old 01-01-2011, 11:17 PM   #56
Quarry Creeper

thanks, im going to try something like yours but this will be the first time trying to braze since high school. should be fun
Erik R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2011, 07:18 PM   #57
Quarry Creeper

what are the length of your links, i just got one of these bodies for a can of monster, and i want to build a jeep like this just becaue it is awsome.
scale-bronco is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:31 AM   #58
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by scale-bronco View Post
what are the length of your links, i just got one of these bodies for a can of monster, and i want to build a jeep like this just becaue it is awsome.
Thanks. Front lowers are 3 3/4", rear lowers are 4 1/8", eye to eye Keep in mind the skid is shoved forwards on the frame rails.
Old 01-04-2011, 11:41 PM   #59
RCC Addict

" And then? "

Come on Chris your not holding out on us, are you?
Jester666 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-05-2011, 12:18 AM   #60
Rock Crawler

Very nice. Looks like a killer machine. The green is kinda weird looking which makes me like it even more. Haven't really seen that shade before. The skinny mayhems are very nice and do look a little more scale
highlandcrawler is offline   Reply With Quote