Notices

Thread: Banana clip is reborn by mtgrizzlymn

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-19-2013, 02:16 PM   #81
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Banana clip is reborn by mtgrizzlymn

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgrizzlymn View Post
Guys I tried 3 servos last being the 404 oz savox and turs instantly when in air but on ground it has to be moving to turn sharp. I'm thinking when frame was built it wasn't right for the steering linkage. I never did get the other links from Bannanas prev owner so I just used some vanquish I had. It is cms. Is it better to have steering arm mounted closer to servo output like drill another hole in servo arm? The pro 3300 is unreal, damn fine motor there, but useless if I can't steer! If I no ideas Bannana clip will be a peel and all the goodies will be moved to a frame that works.
The frame is an scx10? With the 3 link and axles I had under her she steered like a champ. You cant toss parts under a rig designed a certain way and expect them to work correctly. If you think the frame is a "peel" send it back. If you wanted a frame that works with off the shelf products don't buy custom stuff. Sorry, this shit pisses me off. I have sold tons of custom rigs and have never had one complaint.

Last edited by Bananaclip; 06-19-2013 at 02:24 PM.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 06-19-2013, 02:50 PM   #82
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bananaclip View Post
The frame is an scx10? With the 3 link and axles I had under her she steered like a champ. You cant toss parts under a rig designed a certain way and expect them to work correctly. If you think the frame is a "peel" send it back. If you wanted a frame that works with off the shelf products don't buy custom stuff. Sorry, this shit pisses me off. I have sold tons of custom rigs and have never had one complaint.
That's exactly what I said it won't work with my parts or linkage, frame was built for different stuff. I wasn't cutting your frame it was supposed to be funny Bannana peel. If I can't make it work I will put other stuff in that one and use my stuff in a different frame, I also have sold tons of stuff no complaints would of liked the links to match but don't matter until I can figure a away to get this to turn. Taking way to serious just had better hopes for this one!
mtgrizzlymn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 07:11 PM   #83
I wanna be Dave

I took it as a hit. You knew that the rig was built for wraith housings. I love the curries but you cannot expect the links I included to work perfect or at all with them. Honestly, the frame will work with the axles you have if set up properly.
Bananaclip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2013, 08:16 PM   #84
Rock Crawler

I never cut guys love the frame Just pray I can make it work? Frankly your links fit perfect way better than vp if you seen it you would swear the links were made for these axles I mean no binding clearance is great just haveing a steering issue maybe I have to much weight up front!! Don't take it bad bud if it was Bannana Peel it would be in a good way! I've kept your name with it all along to because I'm proud owner of it, it's perfect low cog awesome crawler if I can get it there!
Old 06-20-2013, 12:15 AM   #85
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtgrizzlymn View Post
Guys I tried 3 servos last being the 404 oz savox and turs instantly when in air but on ground it has to be moving to turn sharp. I'm thinking when frame was built it wasn't right for the steering linkage. I never did get the other links from Bannanas prev owner so I just used some vanquish I had. It is cms. Is it better to have steering arm mounted closer to servo output like drill another hole in servo arm? The pro 3300 is unreal, damn fine motor there, but useless if I can't steer! If I no ideas Bannana clip will be a peel and all the goodies will be moved to a frame that works.
I can kind of see an issue but hard to tell try turning the the servo horn to the back of the servo if your linkage is angled to far forward it will pull to certain point then it will try pulling it forward instead of side ways . Hope that helps you out . Your linkages should almost be parallel to each other . As the servo horn turns it moves in an arc just like the knuckles do so if they are parallel they will move in the same arc giving full steering easier . When I do my cms's I place the servo so the horn faces forward like yours is now but the servo is farther back to line up the links better oh as well if you use the silver vanquish arms on the knuckles it will bring the the turning point farther forward .those short black stock stock ones are designed for the wraith and axle mount servo wnd with your application will need a big servo to run it .

Last edited by Rodamis; 06-20-2013 at 12:32 AM.
Rodamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2013, 12:35 PM   #86
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodamis View Post
I can kind of see an issue but hard to tell try turning the the servo horn to the back of the servo if your linkage is angled to far forward it will pull to certain point then it will try pulling it forward instead of side ways . Hope that helps you out . Your linkages should almost be parallel to each other . As the servo horn turns it moves in an arc just like the knuckles do so if they are parallel they will move in the same arc giving full steering easier . When I do my cms's I place the servo so the horn faces forward like yours is now but the servo is farther back to line up the links better oh as well if you use the silver vanquish arms on the knuckles it will bring the the turning point farther forward .those short black stock stock ones are designed for the wraith and axle mount servo wnd with your application will need a big servo to run it .
Thankyou ill give that a try I figure it should work everything is so close to being perfect . I might try a cheaper horn and drill it closer to servo
Old 06-20-2013, 01:13 PM   #87
Rock Crawler

The jeep turns like crazy in the air it slaps from end to end with tires just not on ground 404 oz is way more than my wraith so it has to be angle some how!
Old 06-20-2013, 03:32 PM   #88
Rock Crawler

Well guys I'm going with you on angle I ordered longer vp wraith Ackerman arms and racing steering rod it's shorter should bring steering more out to where servo horn is! Maybe
Old 06-21-2013, 07:14 PM   #89
Rock Crawler

I have had the same issue with one of my rigs and a cms is different than a soa set up. you dont get angle issues with soa and a smaller servo will do the same as a big power cms . I used the 8 degree high steer vanquish scx10 kit on the front of my jk brute on 2.2s and it steers fine with a 4 link and cms and the servo is a 288 oz spectrum .the only soa rig I had was a wraith all my scalers have been cms set ups .those longer arms will give alot more leverage than the short ones making alot easier on the servo the only thing is the servo has to throw alot farther to move it full distance. easy peezy
Rodamis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-23-2013, 01:45 PM   #90
Rock Crawler

Ordered a couple a vp parts to try!
Old 07-09-2013, 04:32 PM   #91
Rock Crawler

Well I did a little grinding so I could mount the servo on the currie and that fixed all problems Bannana Clip was correct I left the cms option if I ever change axles but I dought it, Bannana is still going to make me a couple links to finish it up but I can't imagine a rig that would climb or do better than this rig without a dig or rear steer. This thing is amazing on my crawler trails I have and they are far from easy. First 3 tries up my going to the sun trail it made it with ease where my rubicon with curries has only made it a couple out of prob 50 tries. This thing rocks now steering extremely sharp with 300s od gears and savox 404 oz servo and nice geometry from Bannana clip.

Last edited by mtgrizzlymn; 07-11-2013 at 04:21 PM.
Old 07-09-2013, 05:13 PM   #92
Rock Crawler

Now I get to start on a Toyota landcruiser from scale ready no more can be done to this baby to improve I don't think, would like to adjust the rx8 for throttle control if any one is familiar with that, it would be great. 2 ton is on the trails! 2 ton jeep

Last edited by mtgrizzlymn; 07-09-2013 at 06:23 PM.
Old 07-10-2013, 08:19 PM   #93
Rock Crawler

Guys you get a chance for curries and a low slung chassis like this get it man what a blast now I know why the 300s are so nice
Old 07-10-2013, 08:34 PM   #94
I wanna be Dave

Um finale pics???? Don't leave us hanging we've been watching so long. I love this rig.
Desert Rc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 04:31 PM   #95
Rock Crawler

Heres picts of what i ended up doing!
Phil scaleready and Travis bananna clip build some heavy duty stuff cant go wrong with these guys
Old 07-11-2013, 04:34 PM   #96
Rock Crawler

as it sits now!
Old 11-28-2013, 09:35 AM   #97
Rock Crawler

Well other than pinions this rig has been indestructible ! Still running great! Took it out last night for 45 min of crawling and tearing around! The pinion issue was rc4wd ones not made for brushless power they said !
Old 11-28-2013, 10:30 AM   #98
RCC Addict

Good looking rig any action shots..
FRENCHBLUE72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2013, 06:09 AM   #99
Rock Crawler

I'll get some ! This thing has so much torque glad it has the 300s in it! I don't think I can break it drivetrain and cage lol

Banana clip is reborn by mtgrizzlymn - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
YellowJacket ReBorn BasuraBlanco Axial Wraith 9 10-18-2012 10:26 AM
BADD's XR reborn baddman Axial XR10 26 09-06-2011 09:26 AM
KRF 2.2 Reborn afterdot Kyosho Crawlers 5 06-12-2009 09:46 AM
A 2.2 Clod Reborn- SteedaJeff Tamiya Clod Buster 8 06-19-2008 10:13 AM