Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: brushless trophy truck project

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-06-2007, 12:28 PM   #81
RCC Addict

small update still waiting on the aluminum for the rear lower links and for the front susp. arms . Also i think i need a taller set of tires. any opinions on that?
Attached Images

sniper is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-06-2007, 12:52 PM   #82
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper
small update still waiting on the aluminum for the rear lower links and for the front susp. arms . Also i think i need a taller set of tires. any opinions on that?
Its really coming together nicely.

As far as tires. I agree. Do you plan on running a body at all?

I can think of a couple options, 1 being highlift tires, and the second, narrow dirt hawgs. Possibly take dirt hawgs one step further and narrow and cut them down to 1.9 wheel size, they would be like the BFG's you have now, only larger, and the tread pattern would suit this truck well IMO.
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 01:08 PM   #83
TEAM MODERATOR

Well,IMHO,most of the guys that race in the big boys class run anywhere from a 37 to a 39 " tire. That'd be close to a 4" tall tire scaled down wouldn't it.

If it were me,I'd run skinny 2.2 wheels. Allot of the racers are running the bigger bling wheels anyway Not your typical 24" dubs though Then,get a few sets of Highlift tires and build them to the size you want
Reflection is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2007, 03:53 PM   #84
20K Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptorman57
Well,IMHO,most of the guys that race in the big boys class run anywhere from a 37 to a 39 " tire. That'd be close to a 4" tall tire scaled down wouldn't it.

If it were me,I'd run skinny 2.2 wheels. Allot of the racers are running the bigger bling wheels anyway Not your typical 24" dubs though Then,get a few sets of Highlift tires and build them to the size you want
Do you mean cut the highlife tires to fit a 2.2 wheel or do you just mean jun highlift tires on 1.9's? I don't get what you mean.

I think the dirt hawgs narrowed (or the dirt works narrowed) would look good on that style. You might even be able to pull off narrowed Geos. I can't even imagine how much you are going to balloon whatever tires you use at full throttle though, it will be INSANE!!!!
Harley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 12:19 PM   #85
Quarry Creeper

I think we need to set up a race between the TT and this thing, lol. What do you think of that.
C_Money is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:29 PM   #86
RCC Addict

Hey C money that be cool we could have a mini 1000 but i'm afarid your TT would have to deal with my Mamba I just picked up.
Hey also my LHS had some singles laying around if any ones interested.
Attached Images

Old 02-07-2007, 01:34 PM   #87
I wanna be Dave

I have never seen a single tire like that! Now I know they sre available I won't have to buy a pair just for 1 spare..... COOL!

Oh, and can I ask where you got the off-road lights? I need 4 or 5 for a little "project" I'm starting.

Last edited by racerx; 02-07-2007 at 01:46 PM.
racerx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2007, 01:49 PM   #88
RCC Addict

The LHS only had these because they were extras from a display rack they put up not , proline does not offer these. They had a dirt works, moab dirt hawg and a few others some 1/8 scale some 1/10 buggy i can get a complete list if anyone wants
Old 02-08-2007, 12:52 PM   #89
RCC Addict

I narrowed a dirt works for tire size seems to look prettty good except for the rim size , not sure yet but i think better than the BFG's also started on some tin work still need to do a little more fit and finish but its starting to come together.
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2007, 01:10 PM   #90
RCC Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by sniper
I narrowed a dirt works for tire size seems to look prettty good except for the rim size , not sure yet but i think better than the BFG's also started on some tin work still need to do a little more fit and finish but its starting to come together.
That does look good. Maybe a different wheel will help with the looks.

Or, I assume that is the single tire you got before for $6. You could now cut it down to 1.9 wheel size and see how it goes. If it doesnt look good, then your only out $6 since you wont have to buy a whole new pack of 2 for 1 tire. You could always use that as a spare to mount on the truck, or glue the cut out piece back in to make it 2.2 again, but still use it as the spare.

Im thinking of narrowed dirt hawgs for my Tube Framed F-100, but those dirt works sure look good narrowed!
Mirage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 01:11 PM   #91
Pebble Pounder

lookin good cant wait till it is done
L-TOWN CUSTOMS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2007, 04:23 PM   #92
RCC Addict

harley metioned tire ballooning this is off a half dead pack i had laying around , looks like a top fuel dragster . I tried this to see if a resized tire is going to hold up , not sure is super glue and some ruber cement and a strip of gauze is going to work.
Attached Images

Old 02-08-2007, 06:13 PM   #93
Rock Stacker

This may be a stupid idea, but there was a thread in the wheel, and tire section about someone filling their 2.2 moabs with air ad they got quite large (10''?) what if you did that to some 1.9 tires to get the right look? and as ling as you're not going to be crawling it should work pretty well. But as I said, it may be a bad idea.
ThatKid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 07:48 AM   #94
RCC Addict

a 1.9 is too tough of rubber to stretch like a 2.2....
4stAir is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 11:51 AM   #95
I wanna be Dave

Dude that is alot of one off stuff you got,the rig looks great man.Are you goning to bash it or just take it easy?
ColquittCustom405 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 01:18 PM   #96
RCC Addict

its made for bashin' I have a set of high lift tires on the way we'll see what they look like on it before i narrow any more tires . Also got the front arms roughed out . It should be a roller this weekend. Can't wait for that
Old 02-09-2007, 02:07 PM   #97
RCC Addict

test fit of my aluminum arms so far so good still need shock munt holes put in aqnd i put the door bars on the cage .
Attached Images

Old 02-09-2007, 02:09 PM   #98
RCC Addict

sniper, good looking build! I'm working on something just like this but nitro powered so I'm VERY curious to see what wheels you go with as I need them to withstand some power.

I like the looks of those dirt work tires but they are a bit to narrow for my liking. A scale 37 x 12.50-14.50 would be 1.25-1.45" wide and those are around 1" wide correct? what are the outer diameters of the tires you are working with? the dirt works and high lift tires?
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2007, 02:13 PM   #99
RCC Addict

yeah i should have only taken one row of tread out of the dirt works in hind sight i havn't received my high lift tires but if tower is correct they are 3.7 in tall, PERFECT but i cannot say for sure yet. if I dont like them when i get em i'll try only taking one tread out of a dirt works and see what that looks like.
Old 02-09-2007, 02:29 PM   #100
RCC Addict

Just took a look at them on tower. wow those look nice. You will be mounting them to the stock car rims I would imagine?
NickRummy is offline   Reply With Quote

LinkBacks (?)
LinkBack to this Thread: http://www.rccrawler.com/forum/1-9-scale-rigs/57704-brushless-trophy-truck-project.html
Posted By For Type Date
Проэкт Trophy truck.Стоит ли? This thread Refback 10-07-2011 08:34 AM