Notices

Thread: Sourdough Scaler

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-16-2017, 12:09 AM   #41
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Sourdough Scaler

Quote:
Originally Posted by sourdojack View Post
I should have an RTR weight for you by Monday... Cutting it WAY too close!

p.s. Is it cool if I just bring your XR parts with me at Scale Nats?
Arnt we all, just remembered I need to reinforce my winch mount....theres always tomorrow lol.

Did you get a rtr weight ? Looks good

That would be great, xr is next as soon as noats is over.
hotwheels000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-16-2017, 02:45 PM   #42
Rock Crawler

Drove it around a little bit last night, surprisingly stable for tipping the scales at 8.2lbs

I definitely wasn't aiming at building a light weight rig with the steel frame/chassis. I wanted to build a truck that would drive well and look scale.

But maybe some day I will build a featherweight "rule bender" scale truck.
sourdojack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2017, 10:27 AM   #43
Rock Crawler

Well I had a blast at Scale Nats this last weekend. My FJ did great, and I definitely found area's for improvement.

First off, I ended up with 58 scale points without any lights. So I ditched the spare tire and fuel cell before the comp to shed some weight on the rear.

I managed to finish all four courses for Class 2, but my scores were not great. I honestly hate to winch, and it showed. I only winched 3 times total for the day, and hit 8 gates.

After baking in the sun all day, I ran the 100 gate dash with my truck still at 53 scale points. I was doing great, truck was handling really well, then my batteries died on lap 2, gate 45. I decided to swap just 1 battery out for a faster change, but the spare batteries I had weren't fully charged. So after gate 48, I hit lipo cut off again and Ryan Gerrish passed me. I threw in the second spare battery and ended up crossing the line about 15 seconds behind him. Congrats to Ryan on the win, it was so much fun running around through all those gates! Huge thanks to pitbull tires for sponsoring the race and Tim for setting it up!

The next day a few of us went and raced U4. I brought my UCFAB Bomber to compete with, then decided last minute to also run the FJ (still at 53 scale points). The truck handled really well around the track and I ended up getting top qualifier for the main event. By the time we got to the final heat, a few guys had left. So there were only 2 of us racing, but I lapped the driver in second and sealed a first place win!

All in all, a great weekend and the truck was flawless for being so new. Nothing came loose, fell off, or broke.

Huge thanks to RcBros for the help building the truck, and to all the ORCRC guys that helped me in any way!

TOM

Last edited by sourdojack; 11-27-2017 at 11:28 AM.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:32 PM   #44
Rock Crawler

Just wanted to give you fellas an update, I installed new foams!

I am also working on switching all of my photobucket pictures from the last 10 years onto Imgur. So these posts will go back to normal soon!

TOM
Old 11-26-2017, 06:19 PM   #45
I wanna be Dave

Quote:

Just wanted to give you fellas an update, I installed new foams!

I am also working on switching all of my photobucket pictures from the last 10 years onto Imgur. So these posts will go back to normal soon!

TOM
Nice Truck Tom! Like you said simple and to the point. So is there still a Portland scale group? How do we find out about comps? I'm not a facebook guy and it's my understanding facebook is their mod of communicating. Been trying to get Lunchbox (Scott R) interested in scale crawling again.
Ernie
CODYBOY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2017, 11:29 AM   #46
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teng View Post
Thank you Tom for keep us posted. Yes and please recovery back all the lost photos.
All the photos fixed! Let me know if I messed up anything!

TOM
Old 11-27-2017, 02:37 PM   #47
Rock Crawler

Quote:
Originally Posted by CODYBOY View Post
Nice Truck Tom! Like you said simple and to the point. So is there still a Portland scale group? How do we find out about comps? I'm not a facebook guy and it's my understanding facebook is their mod of communicating. Been trying to get Lunchbox (Scott R) interested in scale crawling again.
Ernie
Thanks Ernie! And yes there is still a Portland Scale Group of ORCRC. Tim isn't planning any competitions until January. We are currently using facebook because it seems the easiest way for 99% of people to follow. I don't really like it, since about impossible to search older posts/events. If you have any other ideas, we are open to them!

TOM
Old 11-27-2017, 03:06 PM   #48
RCC Addict

Quote:
Thanks Ernie! And yes there is still a Portland Scale Group of ORCRC. Tim isn't planning any competitions until January. We are currently using facebook because it seems the easiest way for 99% of people to follow. I don't really like it, since about impossible to search older posts/events. If you have any other ideas, we are open to them!

TOM
Actually, Facebook for some reason stores past events in a nice, easy to look at spot if you go to the page, go to events and then past (previous) events.
VMGontheRocks is offline   Reply With Quote

Sourdough Scaler - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Sourdough U4RC sourdojack Axial Wraith 42 02-21-2016 09:02 PM
Sourdough Twin Hammers sourdojack Vaterra Twin Hammers 21 04-22-2014 10:51 AM
Sourdough GC-3A sourdojack Axial AX-10 Scorpion 120 10-04-2011 10:41 PM
Sourdough Losi sourdojack Team Losi Comp Crawler 23 01-10-2011 01:01 PM