Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: Ordered new custom Truggy Chassis

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-18-2019, 02:12 PM   #101
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: Ordered new custom Truggy Chassis

The little Zuk bodied trugster gett'n after it today in the snow on my backyard trails. I gotta say, the Hyrax have given me the best traction in these sorts of conditions. That said, I'm not sure there's anything as slick as snow covered rocks!

I did my creek crossing rock bridge in the back and she was about 1 degree of lean angle from tipping in to the drink.
Attached Images

mewalsh100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 10-18-2019, 03:05 PM   #102
I wanna be Dave

I haven't had the Trugster out in a while and it was a gorgeous Fall day here. So, threw a pack in her and hit the backyard trails. I'm planning on spending a good bit of the Winter getting more features added to the course as well.

If anyone has any good ideas about what I should add, I'm all ears.
Attached Images

Old 10-23-2019, 05:18 PM   #103
Slow is the new Fast

Looks like you have an awesomely large yard. Perfect for a crawler course. It’s always rewarding to add features. How’s about a teeter totter? That is one of my next projects.

Gotta get the Tundy-Trug out for a run. Adjusted the drag to a space I think aligns with my transmittering style. Need to go test it out.
smog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-24-2019, 04:55 AM   #104
I wanna be Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by smog View Post
Looks like you have an awesomely large yard. Perfect for a crawler course. It’s always rewarding to add features. How’s about a teeter totter? That is one of my next projects.

Gotta get the Tundy-Trug out for a run. Adjusted the drag to a space I think aligns with my transmittering style. Need to go test it out.
You read my mind smog. Definitely doing a teeter feature. My buddy started saving me pallets at his work, so I’ll have plenty of wood to work with.

Glad you got your drag brake sorted!
Old 12-16-2019, 05:14 AM   #105
I wanna be Dave

Recently took the Truggy to a brushed system versus the brushless Puller Pro set up I was running. I have to say that I’m enjoying this rig more in a brushed configuration. I went with the trusty HobbyWing 1080 and a Holmes Hobbies Crawlmaster 13T. Spent some time running and testing and kept the program card on hand. A few adjustments and this rig feels totally dialed with this system now. There’s just something so nice about a smooth, well adjusted brushed system! Plus, with the 13T Crawlmaster, wheelspeed and pop feel pretty darn close to the PP set up.
Attached Images

Ordered new custom Truggy Chassis - Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
first truggy build custom chassis what yall think pstroke666 2.2 Scale Rigs 6 04-09-2011 08:47 PM