Go Back   RCCrawler Forums > Scale Rigs General Tech > 1.9 Scale Rigs

Notices

Thread: another new project 1/8 mini cooper

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-01-2019, 09:30 AM   #21
I wanna be Dave

Default Re: another new project 1/8 mini cooper

Boom gears on the way i should have the black axles on monday and be able to button this up i still need to order the titanium rod for the links but thats not gona stop me from testing it out
ferp420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 02-28-2019, 08:10 AM   #22
I wanna be Dave

I finally got all that parts together enuff for a test run anyway i barrowed the electronics from another rig to test it out the 35t motor has plenty of wheel speed and top speed is slightly faster than a jog but the motor is getting hot it dosent seem to hot but its still hot i need some thiner shock oil the suspention is realy slow working and the tcase has a hump on the bottom that makes the gen8 hump look small the worst part is the Sharp angle on the edges and its aluminum so it wont slide for nothin ill smooth it out the best i can but it is what it is now to finnish the cage work while i wait for the electronics to come in and figure out a battery for it then finnish it up
Old 03-04-2019, 05:40 PM   #23
I wanna be Dave

Ok i finnaly got the cage done with only one screw up and its not gona come off again i did have just enuff room to get tbe front clip on and off so i can service the motor and trans and electronics i added magnets to the battery door to keep it closed i still need to clean up the finnal welds and die the white plastic black add lights wire it all ip and break it lol i think this is gona be a fun rig

Front clip off

Last edited by ferp420; 03-04-2019 at 05:48 PM.
Old 03-05-2019, 10:41 PM   #24
I wanna be Dave

I finnely got this thing out on the rocks for some testing first things i noticed the tcase hanges up on everything is its very top heavy it needs more wieght up front the tires are roling over and the shock oil is way to thick the combo is causing alot of role overs the good thing is i can tune most of that out the 2 speed trans gears are verry close in ratio so i dont see any reason to add a shift servo its a fun rig but not a major performer but dude it used to be abusted up old barbie car and now its a one off custom crawler.

Last edited by ferp420; 03-29-2019 at 12:09 PM.
Old 03-29-2019, 08:16 AM   #25
I wanna be Dave

i fixed most of the issues i filed down the tcase so its alittle better no more sharp angle anyway sleaved the links added whaights to the front and thined out the shock oil but i still need to thin it out some more the tires and foams are still holding it back though atleast i think so it dose climb like a billy goat though but its still a bit top heavy
i got some videos of it out with the gen8